Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: snail mail

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 8:54 pm

wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D


Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.


Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

huhuhuhu... :roll: unfortunately I've sent mine wearing an informal attire.
yep2 I knoe tat most other airlines require those who come for intv or sending their photos has to be very formal. I once went for jetstarasia for the very first time and was so surprise tat even for budget airlines they require you to be tip top in your attire. Just hope for the best in the outcome. Do update each ote ya...if you do get the email invitation.


Hi Wawa,

Hmm.. I don't think that will pase as a big problem as they are more focus on your past working experience and your customer service skills and if you have an inviting and caring look, they will call you for interview and find out more about you! And yes! Definately will update if I EVER get an invitation. But I think we will be expecting it on late December or early January already base on past entries. They seems like getting their invitation on a few weeks later. The waiting is truely nerve-wrecking.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

blacklisted?

Postby jerlyn » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:01 pm

Hey, Paige..tot you are recruited already? or are you not? coz i tot rembering last pages i seen that you have tried and got selected?
share with us!!
its it true for subject? its quite scary tough..being blacklisted and yet self dunno and kept trying...its kinda ironic.. i hope i dun and wont belong to that catagory.. have tried once 2 yrs back and fumble in the 1-1 interview..gosh..it was a waste, i tot the lady was quite warm but firm on my answers..so there i go through the cold doorl.I am hoping for that chance again...BUT my application kept bouncing back..haiz..fated or not..I really dunno...
angela, how abt your application? got in? or by snail mail?

User avatar
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon, 05 Dec 2005

Postby superpinkystar » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:36 pm

this is really frustrating. the email is still down. i have been trying to send since sat and it is still down!! :???:
*smile always

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

by snail mail i guess...

Postby jerlyn » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:41 pm

i guess the last resort is by snail mail and you noe at least it reaches them and if they dun invite you, at least we tried, right darlings!!!!!
:roll:

summerchic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 20 Sep 2005

Postby summerchic » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:23 pm

i'm having my management interview and tea party tomorrow.. the last and final round! having the jitters right now.. to all the gals goin tomorrow, best of luck to us all!! :wink:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: snail mail

Postby M » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:26 pm

wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D


Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.


Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

huhuhuhu... :roll: unfortunately I've sent mine wearing an informal attire.
yep2 I knoe tat most other airlines require those who come for intv or sending their photos has to be very formal. I once went for jetstarasia for the very first time and was so surprise tat even for budget airlines they require you to be tip top in your attire. Just hope for the best in the outcome. Do update each ote ya...if you do get the email invitation.


I'm kinda curious about this myself and so far, nobody has been able to provide me with a firm answer, not even for any crews I have in SQ. I guess we will only know if someone from HR gives us an answer?

M :???:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: by snail mail i guess...

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:30 pm

jerlyn wrote:i guess the last resort is by snail mail and you noe at least it reaches them and if they dun invite you, at least we tried, right darlings!!!!!
:roll:


Dear All,

This is the 1st time I'm applying and base on past experience with my 1st Full Time Job, I found snail mail the most reliable way in reaching your protential employer. Though abit tedious and have to buy envelope and develope out your photo, still it's worth all the trouble when they call you up for interview. It's like your effort is not wasted. For email, it might or might not reach them and the worst thing is, you don't even know as I don't think they have reply stating that: "Thank you for your interest. But..." So you never know whether is did they not recieve your application or they had rejected you. That feeling is the most depressing kind of feeling. So try snail mail.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:32 pm

summerchic wrote:i'm having my management interview and tea party tomorrow.. the last and final round! having the jitters right now.. to all the gals goin tomorrow, best of luck to us all!! :wink:


Best of Luck Summerchic!

Be confident and you will make it! You are just one step behind the SIA door and do let us know if you get in so that we can congrats you!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: snail mail

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:33 pm

M wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D


Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.


Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

huhuhuhu... :roll: unfortunately I've sent mine wearing an informal attire.
yep2 I knoe tat most other airlines require those who come for intv or sending their photos has to be very formal. I once went for jetstarasia for the very first time and was so surprise tat even for budget airlines they require you to be tip top in your attire. Just hope for the best in the outcome. Do update each ote ya...if you do get the email invitation.


I'm kinda curious about this myself and so far, nobody has been able to provide me with a firm answer, not even for any crews I have in SQ. I guess we will only know if someone from HR gives us an answer?

M :???:


Dear M,

Final verdict is that formal wear will never go wrong. Since nobody can give the right answer, we just have to decide what works best for this situation.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

tasy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 12 Dec 2005

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Postby tasy » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:44 pm

Hi,

i just got thru and i'm starting my training on the 21st.

From what i heard, from one of the admin staff in the cabin crew dept, there is no such things as a blacklist.

Its just that they have too many applicants.

Keep trying and all the best!!



wawa wrote:
Ms G wrote:hi wawa,

i face the same situation. i first applied and went for the interview in april 2004. kicked out after the first round. applied for a few more times after tt and never ever got shortlisted again. i wonder why too.

wawa wrote:Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

Can somebody expalin why? I'm very keen and I feel time is running out, might not even get the chance when I hit the cut-off age. Please help.



Hi Miss G,

I found out from one of the senior crew cabin mentioning abt being blacklisted. Yes..there is such thing but it only occurs during the management intv and if she/her is being blacklist normally it doesnt last that long as what I'm facing right now alto I've not even been blessed with a 2nd chance. Can anyone explain why I receive no email invites back since 2003?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Postby I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:48 pm

tasy wrote:Hi,

i just got thru and i'm starting my training on the 21st.

From what i heard, from one of the admin staff in the cabin crew dept, there is no such things as a blacklist.

Its just that they have too many applicants.

Keep trying and all the best!!



wawa wrote:
Ms G wrote:hi wawa,

i face the same situation. i first applied and went for the interview in april 2004. kicked out after the first round. applied for a few more times after tt and never ever got shortlisted again. i wonder why too.

wawa wrote:Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

Can somebody expalin why? I'm very keen and I feel time is running out, might not even get the chance when I hit the cut-off age. Please help.



Hi Miss G,

I found out from one of the senior crew cabin mentioning abt being blacklisted. Yes..there is such thing but it only occurs during the management intv and if she/her is being blacklist normally it doesnt last that long as what I'm facing right now alto I've not even been blessed with a 2nd chance. Can anyone explain why I receive no email invites back since 2003?


Hi Tasy,

Congrats! You must be really good to get through! Good luck in your trainning!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: blacklisted?

Postby Paige » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:52 pm

jerlyn wrote:Hey, Paige..tot you are recruited already? or are you not? coz i tot rembering last pages i seen that you have tried and got selected?
share with us!!
its it true for subject? its quite scary tough..being blacklisted and yet self dunno and kept trying...its kinda ironic.. i hope i dun and wont belong to that catagory.. have tried once 2 yrs back and fumble in the 1-1 interview..gosh..it was a waste, i tot the lady was quite warm but firm on my answers..so there i go through the cold doorl.I am hoping for that chance again...BUT my application kept bouncing back..haiz..fated or not..I really dunno...
angela, how abt your application? got in? or by snail mail?

Hi Jerlyn,
Nope... I was not recruited, but only shortlisted after trying and trying...But was being kicked out after my group interview.. :cry:
as for the blacklisting thingy, i knew frm a ifs that there was really a blacklist when the ifs interview the candidates, but that was 2 yrs ago.. as for now.. im not sure liao..
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: by snail mail i guess...

Postby jerlyn » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:57 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
jerlyn wrote:i guess the last resort is by snail mail and you noe at least it reaches them and if they dun invite you, at least we tried, right darlings!!!!!
:roll:


Dear All,

This is the 1st time I'm applying and base on past experience with my 1st Full Time Job, I found snail mail the most reliable way in reaching your protential employer. Though abit tedious and have to buy envelope and develope out your photo, still it's worth all the trouble when they call you up for interview. It's like your effort is not wasted. For email, it might or might not reach them and the worst thing is, you don't even know as I don't think they have reply stating that: "Thank you for your interest. But..." So you never know whether is did they not recieve your application or they had rejected you. That feeling is the most depressing kind of feeling. So try snail mail.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan


Julie,
I am sending by post as you deem right, I believe wad u said and gonna wreck those stupid tots that my mail might be missing.. :D
i will still try by email for a different pic without full length pic as i dun have one store in my comp alone.. :shock:
did u apply or are u in already?
good luck all..its nerve wrecking from the 1st storey to the top, u never noe when u are falling in btn, and hopefully those who preserve will not ever fall...
i pray and i hope...

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: snail mail

Postby M » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:59 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
M wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D


Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.


Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan



Hi Julie,

huhuhuhu... :roll: unfortunately I've sent mine wearing an informal attire.
yep2 I knoe tat most other airlines require those who come for intv or sending their photos has to be very formal. I once went for jetstarasia for the very first time and was so surprise tat even for budget airlines they require you to be tip top in your attire. Just hope for the best in the outcome. Do update each ote ya...if you do get the email invitation.


I'm kinda curious about this myself and so far, nobody has been able to provide me with a firm answer, not even for any crews I have in SQ. I guess we will only know if someone from HR gives us an answer?

M :???:


Dear M,

Final verdict is that formal wear will never go wrong. Since nobody can give the right answer, we just have to decide what works best for this situation.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan


Julie,

I was referring to blacklisting and not about photos eh? :P

M :cool:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: blacklisted?

Postby jerlyn » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:03 am

Paige wrote:
jerlyn wrote:Hey, Paige..tot you are recruited already? or are you not? coz i tot rembering last pages i seen that you have tried and got selected?
share with us!!
its it true for subject? its quite scary tough..being blacklisted and yet self dunno and kept trying...its kinda ironic.. i hope i dun and wont belong to that catagory.. have tried once 2 yrs back and fumble in the 1-1 interview..gosh..it was a waste, i tot the lady was quite warm but firm on my answers..so there i go through the cold doorl.I am hoping for that chance again...BUT my application kept bouncing back..haiz..fated or not..I really dunno...
angela, how abt your application? got in? or by snail mail?

Hi Jerlyn,
Nope... I was not recruited, but only shortlisted after trying and trying...But was being kicked out after my group interview.. :cry:
as for the blacklisting thingy, i knew frm a ifs that there was really a blacklist when the ifs interview the candidates, but that was 2 yrs ago.. as for now.. im not sure liao..
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

thanks, paige, ur utmost comfort i felt It was the only right thing to do if I send out the application rather than to flood myself with negative tots...
i cant get through the email, did u? i suppose u sent out ur application by post already..
I tried 2 years back too..it was really chill down my spine with all the applicants watching and nonetheless to say the interviewers stringent selection, it also boils down to how lucky u are at the end of the day as i noe there are really a big contradiction to looks and qualities that they are looking for, if ya say looks, i heard tons that dun look gorgeous, if you say qualities, i met some that are beauty more than personality..
all the bestest best to all! :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests