Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:08 am

triz wrote:Thanks for the info 8)!! I quite contradict as i have a member workin in SIA. As Quasimodo mention that many compaines don't really want related staff workin under one roof. Plavt, can get more info from you(as you have member workin same company as u) as i want to clear my doubts and see whether there is a need to put down my member's name or not. Hope to get some advise.


Sorry for being so troublesome :oops:



My advice for what it's worth is: put it down at some point somebody by some means or by some unseen chance will likely find out. Although some companies don't want relatives working in the same company I doubt if that applies here. The companies who don't want relatives working together are usually although not always financial institutions or those that provide financial rewards for games. I can't be entirely clear about this but Singapore Airlines trade is simply transport so I don't see any reason for them to reject an application on those grounds. Have a trip to the airport and have a conversation with some of the ground staff - don’t tell them what you are up to you, I think you will soon find the answer. Alternatively when you go to the airport just find one of the cabin crew and ask them directly, there are always some at various hours of the day down in the basement around the taxi stand. Failing that you nearly always find one of the girls and maybe the odd man in the doctors waiting area.

Best Wishes.

Plavt.

triz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 28 Sep 2005

Postby triz » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:54 am

Okie thankz alot!! :)

SQWannabe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 02 Jul 2005

Reshu

Postby SQWannabe » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 4:46 am

Hey, don't worry. It really depends on the degree of your colour blindness and the doctors accessment. My boyfriend's sister, Kelly Ng is working at Cabin Crew HR. If u post your e-mail address, i'll check with her and e-mail u back kay.....hope that helps u to sleep......cheer up ya!

reshu wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm down to the final medical but its got me abit worried, coz i'm colour blind ! Totally forgot about that ! :mad:

Failed the bubble tests, but did pass the SQ one though .

Anyone know of current stewards who are slightly color blind ?

Please let me know, been having too many sleepless nights already :o

P.S : I can see traffic lights ! really i can !

xoxo
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

Re: Reshu

Postby xoxo » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 9:19 am

hi SQWannabe,

did you get in to the final rounds of your interview? or which stage are you at now?


SQWannabe wrote:Hey, don't worry. It really depends on the degree of your colour blindness and the doctors accessment. My boyfriend's sister, Kelly Ng is working at Cabin Crew HR. If u post your e-mail address, i'll check with her and e-mail u back kay.....hope that helps u to sleep......cheer up ya!

reshu wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm down to the final medical but its got me abit worried, coz i'm colour blind ! Totally forgot about that ! :mad:

Failed the bubble tests, but did pass the SQ one though .

Anyone know of current stewards who are slightly color blind ?

Please let me know, been having too many sleepless nights already :o

P.S : I can see traffic lights ! really i can !

reshu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 27 Oct 2005

Postby reshu » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:16 am

Hi Plavt,

Thank you for your honest reply, while it is true I must brace for the worst since color blindness is indeed an issue within the aviation industry, and many others for that matter.

However, I did manage to pass through the SQ colour test, so I believe there is hope yet although i'm not gonna count any chickens before they hatch.

Interestingly enough, even pilots who have reasonable degrees of colour blindess still can get thier flying licenses but with some restrictions i.e. no night flights due the reliance on coloured signal lights

In any case. will keep this forum updated on the end results.

Best Regards & Cheers ! :)

Zax
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 23 Oct 2005

Postby Zax » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 8:32 am

Got to know that tomorrow there is another round of mgmt interviews going on. GooD luCk for those going! :)
CheCk it OuT

princessbelle
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Postby princessbelle » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 9:49 am

any girl has successfully passed all the rounds during the recent recruitment?

jejune
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby jejune » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:21 pm

anyone knows what the medical comprises of?

:)

pinkwave
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 01 Nov 2005

Re: Singapore Girl you are a Great way to fly!

Postby pinkwave » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:27 pm

Jessy wrote:Hello everyone here!

For the dress code on the interview day, you just have to wear casual formal that's all... dont need a blazer that formal lah...hee....

I am a SIA Stewardress for a year already... And SIA is actually looking for Girls who are cheerful, positive & willing to work hard....

I share the same dream as most of you a year back...and on that day I am selected, I was so happy....

Things started off with the 4 months training at SIA Training Centre where you will be put into different classes of 12..... After you graduated from the 4 months of training, you will still have a few months of probation period where you will not be allowed to change your flight schedule... But after the probation period, you can take leave, and change flights to fly with your friends....

You will have a buddy.... where both of you will fly together... and at times you have have team flights as well....

Working in Flights will be very enjoying if you really like the job... and the best things of course, you can see the world! From as near as Malaysia to as far as New York City!

I love my job! Good luck to all of you..... Hope all of you can join our big family of Singapore Girls!



hi jessy u mind adding me into your msn? meteors87@hotmail.com.
i've got some questions to ask you, thanks alot!!

silvercat
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby silvercat » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 1:50 am

Heard from the HR during my last interview that new invites will be sent out to those who hadnt been shortlisted this week and next week. So good luck ppl!

Zax
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 23 Oct 2005

Postby Zax » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 8:40 am

silvercat wrote:Heard from the HR during my last interview that new invites will be sent out to those who hadnt been shortlisted this week and next week. So good luck ppl!


Hi, u mean those who did not make it thru the mgmt interview get another chance? So u made it thru? how was everything?
CheCk it OuT

princessbelle
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu, 13 Oct 2005

Postby princessbelle » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 9:16 am

hi silvercat! so did u make it thru? so glad to hear they are holding another interview session!! =)

ABuZZ
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 18 Sep 2005

Postby ABuZZ » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:18 am

cranberriess wrote:
lamepiggy wrote:how do we usually mingle during the tea party? likw what qn should we ask?


for us, we stood in a semi circle, one of the mgt pple talk to ask, the other one observed us. we just stood there and smile and gave shoet replies when needed.



Hi cranberriess,

I've got a question to ask you.. :)

Which day was your kebaya/water confidence test?

silvercat
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby silvercat » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 5:01 pm

Zax wrote:
silvercat wrote:Heard from the HR during my last interview that new invites will be sent out to those who hadnt been shortlisted this week and next week. So good luck ppl!


Hi, u mean those who did not make it thru the mgmt interview get another chance? So u made it thru? how was everything?


what i meant was those who had yet come for their first interview will be getting their chances this time round, as there were too many ppl to be interviewed on 15th Oct.
Yup, i made it thru and is pending on medical results. If everyything go well, i may start training in nov or early dec.
Mgmt interview is a 2-1. Will be asked qns of all sorts. If this is cleared, u will proceed to the tea party. This is where ur presence must be felt by the interviewer.

Good luck to all inspiring cabin crew

ABuZZ
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 18 Sep 2005

Postby ABuZZ » Wed, 02 Nov 2005 5:11 pm

silvercat wrote:
Zax wrote:
silvercat wrote:Heard from the HR during my last interview that new invites will be sent out to those who hadnt been shortlisted this week and next week. So good luck ppl!


Hi, u mean those who did not make it thru the mgmt interview get another chance? So u made it thru? how was everything?


what i meant was those who had yet come for their first interview will be getting their chances this time round, as there were too many ppl to be interviewed on 15th Oct.
Yup, i made it thru and is pending on medical results. If everyything go well, i may start training in nov or early dec.
Mgmt interview is a 2-1. Will be asked qns of all sorts. If this is cleared, u will proceed to the tea party. This is where ur presence must be felt by the interviewer.

Good luck to all inspiring cabin crew


Hi,

May i know which day was your kebaya/water confidence test?
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

:D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wildxlupine and 3 guests