Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
summer28

Mgt Interview

Post by summer28 » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 7:50 am

congrats!! Cranberries... :D

So, what happened during the management interview? 2-1 in a room? What did they ask you? How long did the mgt interview and tea reception last? Was the observer observing the way you speak or your physical features like face, teeth, etc..?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 9:23 am

cranberriess wrote:for my batch, we stand in a line and the two interviewers will look at us. one will ask questions and we answer, just like a friendly chat, the other will observe. no one was eliminated in this round.
hi cranberries,

how abt ur mgmt interview???how is the mgmt interview like? anyone got eliminated in the mgmt interview?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:27 pm

went for medical checkup after the interview that day. now waiting for the medical results.
princessbelle wrote:
cranberriess wrote:yes
so u r offically successful for ur cabin crew application right? as in just that u havent go for medical check up.. COngrats!!

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:29 pm

what i was refering to was the tea party. the tea party somes after the management interview which was a 2 to 1 interview.
Zax wrote:
princessbelle wrote:
cranberriess wrote:for my batch, we stand in a line and the two interviewers will look at us. one will ask questions and we answer, just like a friendly chat, the other will observe. no one was eliminated in this round.

Stand in a line? different from the previous mgmt interviews which was 2 to 1?

cranberriess

Re: soar

Post by cranberriess » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:32 pm

first day, first round: out of 10, 3 got in.
second round: out of the 3, 2 got in

second day, kebaya: out of 50, 39 got in
physcometric test (everyone will pass)
water confidence (out of 39, around 35 got in)

third day, final mgt interview, we were group into 12 per group. out of 12, 11 got through. this 11 also pass the tea party.
soar wrote:
Congratulations Cranberries! Like to check,

- how many of you went for mgtm interview today, and how many of you got in?

- how many of you were shortlisted on last Wed, Thurs and Fri to proceed to the final mgtm interview n tea party?

Appreciate your sharing!!!!

jejune

Post by jejune » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:59 pm

hi cranberriess,
I think I am in the same group as you (judging from kebaya and water confidence tests) and one of my gp gals was in your group too. She told me 11/12 passed the management.
Mine was scheduled to be on the 31st Oct though.
Congrats to you!

Did you encounter any tough questions?
8)

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 1:02 pm

hi jejune,
for the final interview, just smile and smile, and try NOT to speak singlish. they will ask you on your family background, sch and work. they like to find out more about you and how you carry yourself. then they may or may not give you some senarios on the plane.
dear, just relax, answer the questions sweetly, confidently and SMILE. :)

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 1:39 pm

lein wrote:
Ms G wrote:hi all,

i'm just curious. no one taunted by the height prob this time round?
anyway, gd luck to all who are going for the mgmt int and tea party!
well i know some of my gals were like 0.5 cm shorter than the required height during the measurement taking w the kebaya fitting round. haha...so they were trying to take measurements again and again to make sure they hit 158cm. :) so i guess they still need u to be 158 min!...
Hi Lein,

Did any gals who didn't hit 158 make it thru to the next round?

Thanks..
Paige :wink:

lein

Post by lein » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 4:08 pm

Paige wrote:
lein wrote:
Ms G wrote:hi all,

i'm just curious. no one taunted by the height prob this time round?
anyway, gd luck to all who are going for the mgmt int and tea party!
well i know some of my gals were like 0.5 cm shorter than the required height during the measurement taking w the kebaya fitting round. haha...so they were trying to take measurements again and again to make sure they hit 158cm. :) so i guess they still need u to be 158 min!...
Hi Lein,

Did any gals who didn't hit 158 make it thru to the next round?

Thanks..
Paige :wink:
Hi Paige :)
well as far as i know...nope. my gals are like 157.5 and they had to retake the height till its 158 and they will let u pass. I THINK. not too sure are they that strict :P

jejune

Post by jejune » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 4:31 pm

cranberriess wrote:hi jejune,
for the final interview, just smile and smile, and try NOT to speak singlish. they will ask you on your family background, sch and work. they like to find out more about you and how you carry yourself. then they may or may not give you some senarios on the plane.
dear, just relax, answer the questions sweetly, confidently and SMILE. :)
Noted with thanks dear!
Anyway congrats once again!!!

:D

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 8:00 pm

medical check up what do they check on? my friend who will be joining emirates say she has to pay the medical checkup fees herself..$300plus!! I think SIA is free right?

soar

Re: soar

Post by soar » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 9:22 pm

Wow girl! The ratios for the management interview n tea party is really unprecedented, as in, the get-in rate is so much higher than previously!

Im training at STC now, and what we have experienced is 50% elimination for mgtm interview, and another 25% elimination from tea party! Eg. 11 goes for mgtm interview, 6 gets in to tea party, and 4 gets to go for medical test!

Anyway medical test is no problem, unless got serious health conditions. After all they dont even do a blood test, just Chest Xray and urine test.
cranberriess wrote:first day, first round: out of 10, 3 got in.
second round: out of the 3, 2 got in

second day, kebaya: out of 50, 39 got in
physcometric test (everyone will pass)
water confidence (out of 39, around 35 got in)

third day, final mgt interview, we were group into 12 per group. out of 12, 11 got through. this 11 also pass the tea party.
soar wrote:
Congratulations Cranberries! Like to check,

- how many of you went for mgtm interview today, and how many of you got in?

- how many of you were shortlisted on last Wed, Thurs and Fri to proceed to the final mgtm interview n tea party?

Appreciate your sharing!!!!

lamepiggy

Post by lamepiggy » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 9:27 pm

how do we usually mingle during the tea party? likw what qn should we ask?

angela

Post by angela » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:57 am

Hi hi...

Does anyone know if the HR people has sent out their invitations for the current recruitment dated 22 October 2005?

Desperate me...cos i sent in mine 2 days later than the due date. *sob sob*
Am afraid they wont take my application even though i was still allowed to
submit...

I really,really hate to admit that i was stupid enough to have my appl. sent to the wrong email add...i only noticed the diff. later...cabincrew_recruit@... and flightstewardess_recruit@....

I wonder what on earth is wrong with me...

:cry:

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 1:03 pm

lamepiggy wrote:how do we usually mingle during the tea party? likw what qn should we ask?
for us, we stood in a semi circle, one of the mgt pple talk to ask, the other one observed us. we just stood there and smile and gave shoet replies when needed.