Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ryonswee19
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2005

Postby ryonswee19 » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:21 pm

Hi M, thanks for ur wishes. will do my best n wil try to b relaxed in the interview. How about u?r u waiting for any notification now?

Hi...summerchic

if not mistaken,i sent in my application either on 21st or 22nd sept.n got the SIA invitation two days ago.Dont worry much, i think u wil get urs very soon,because still one week left to the interview date. isnt that some former applicants did mention,SIA still will send out some invitation after the interview date? U can make it...dont worry too much.

xoxo
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

silkair 2nd round interview

Postby xoxo » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:56 pm

hey, does anyone one know what is the 2nd rounf of interview consist of? and hows the swimming test like? will they give life vest, do one have to jump from top? is it a must to swim backstroke?
Greatly appreciated if anyone can help on these qns..

And if one cannot make it on the day on their interview, will we be blacklisted?

User avatar
hiccup
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 29 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station
Contact:

Postby hiccup » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:57 pm

M wrote:Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it?
See, you also knew that SIA prefer Malaysians because they are hardworking! Malaysians are humble in personality too.

Do you know it is so difficult to strike a casual conversation with a Singaporean lady than Malaysian lady? Now, can see my point why Malaysians are approachable?

I was changing my BMW's tyre on a street behind Pelangi Plaza, one Chinese lady offered me her handphone to call for help.

They are lots of comparisons between Singaporean and Malaysian ladies. SIA do open their eyes when selecting applicants and priority sure reserve for them (Malaysians). I am pleased that you are awared of this situation.

If you can get in SIA, I will be happy for you. For sure, I wouldn't hesitate to give you free meal voucher at Alkaff Mansion if you are able to tell me the selected applicants are more than 65% Malaysians!
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

xoxo
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

Postby xoxo » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:59 pm

summerchic wrote:hi all,

My Silkair application got through only a day after the closing date (Tues, 27 Sep), while my SIA application was sent on Thurs, 22 Sep.

Till today, I've not received the invite from Silkair. Could be that I might be in the second batch, if there is one.. well, we'll see!

I've not received an invite from SIA either. Seems like those who sent in applications towards the closing date have not gotten theirs. Has anyone who sent in their application on 22 Sep gotten a reply yet?

I'm 24, goin on 25 this year and have been working in PR & Communications for the past 4 yrs. I do hope I get shortlisted!

Well gals, let us not get disheartened.. I believe our invites may arrive a bit later. Good luck to us all! :)


hi summerchic,

just wondering have u ever applied for silkair before? i've sent mine after their closing date, but still got their reply, i believe that it's due to the fact that it's my 1st time applying for theirs. But for SIA, i've tried a couple of time after my 1st try, and they seems not to give me any invitation.... hmmm

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:31 pm

hiccup wrote:
M wrote:Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it?
See, you also knew that SIA prefer Malaysians because they are hardworking! Malaysians are humble in personality too.

Do you know it is so difficult to strike a casual conversation with a Singaporean lady than Malaysian lady? Now, can see my point why Malaysians are approachable?

I was changing my BMW's tyre on a street behind Pelangi Plaza, one Chinese lady offered me her handphone to call for help.

They are lots of comparisons between Singaporean and Malaysian ladies. SIA do open their eyes when selecting applicants and priority sure reserve for them (Malaysians). I am pleased that you are awared of this situation.

If you can get in SIA, I will be happy for you. For sure, I wouldn't hesitate to give you free meal voucher at Alkaff Mansion if you are able to tell me the selected applicants are more than 65% Malaysians!


:cool: Thanks for your voucher but no thanks, I can well afford it? In anyway I'm sure you have made your point and thanks for pointing that out to many of the hopefuls here.

But I'm certain that individuals with rightful ablities would be able to pursue their dreams and passion inregardless of nationalties? I hope what I've said rings a bell in you?

And by the way, driving a BMW to Malaysia eh? I would take a bus!! :cool:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:58 pm

ryonswee19 wrote:Hi M, thanks for ur wishes. will do my best n wil try to b relaxed in the interview. How about u?r u waiting for any notification now?

Hi...summerchic

if not mistaken,i sent in my application either on 21st or 22nd sept.n got the SIA invitation two days ago.Dont worry much, i think u wil get urs very soon,because still one week left to the interview date. isnt that some former applicants did mention,SIA still will send out some invitation after the interview date? U can make it...dont worry too much.


Hi,

That's the way to do it. Be composed for the group interview and all will be fine there after. :cool:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 12:02 am

SQWannabe wrote:
M wrote:
ryonswee19 wrote:hey..dear all..
i have been tracking tis forum for few weeks. seemes every1 is having high passion in FA career,including me as well.

i just received the SIA invitation on Saturday 15th October, at
1320 hrs. Was quite suprised because tis is my 1st applying. No matter how,will go for a try,eventhough i know i might not succeed in the coming interview.

hoping u gals n guys will receive an invitation soon.


Goodluck in your interview!! :cool:


M, hiya...just wondering have you been short listed for the steward interview on Sunday yet.....i know of 2 other guys, both haven received any replies...very sad now...thanks for all your posts thus far...very helpful...Thanks!!


Tell your friends to be more positive. The invites will come soon as I reckon they are still shortlisting the guys as it's pretty quiet for the stewards' applications.

Glad to be of some help as I believe what comes around goes around. Have a good weekend. :cool:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 1:20 am

M wrote:
hiccup wrote:One thing for sure will get it. If you are a Malaysian, you will definitely 101% stand higher chance than Singaporeans to be called for interview.

SIA knew very well that Singaporeans have 'tida-apa' or 'bo-charp' attitude. Job priority will be given to Malaysians and this is a very true fact.


Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it? :x


I think you will find your nationality won't make any difference, applicants are selected according to criteria whatever it might be. BTW malaysians at one time made up 40% of the cabin crew but it is probably less now.

Plavt.

bryocketh
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 03 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby bryocketh » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 1:41 am

M wrote:
hiccup wrote:
M wrote:Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it?
See, you also knew that SIA prefer Malaysians because they are hardworking! Malaysians are humble in personality too.

Do you know it is so difficult to strike a casual conversation with a Singaporean lady than Malaysian lady? Now, can see my point why Malaysians are approachable?

I was changing my BMW's tyre on a street behind Pelangi Plaza, one Chinese lady offered me her handphone to call for help.

They are lots of comparisons between Singaporean and Malaysian ladies. SIA do open their eyes when selecting applicants and priority sure reserve for them (Malaysians). I am pleased that you are awared of this situation.

If you can get in SIA, I will be happy for you. For sure, I wouldn't hesitate to give you free meal voucher at Alkaff Mansion if you are able to tell me the selected applicants are more than 65% Malaysians!


:cool: Thanks for your voucher but no thanks, I can well afford it? In anyway I'm sure you have made your point and thanks for pointing that out to many of the hopefuls here.

But I'm certain that individuals with rightful ablities would be able to pursue their dreams and passion inregardless of nationalties? I hope what I've said rings a bell in you?

And by the way, driving a BMW to Malaysia eh? I would take a bus!! :cool:


Hi M,

I have been reading your posts and I have to say that you are a fantastic motivator. Your thoughts fitted mine to a T. Positive people who believe in themselves and who knows what they want in life and who never gives up, will almost never fail. There is no such thing as Msians r being favoured over Sporeans. It's all in the mind. And even if it is true, so what? Does that mean everyone in this forum who are Sporeans shld give up? I dont think so. By the way, I am NOT a Sporean. I dont even think this is abt nationality in the first place. Hang on everyone!! Your dream will come true!! Just be happy, positive, not afraid of working hard n never stop belieeving in urself!!

jejune
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat, 17 Sep 2005

Postby jejune » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 8:45 am

hi hiccup,
I think what you said is most likely a statement of generalization.
Nationality can be a concern, but i believe they wont give you "star" or preferential treatment just because they assume Msians are more humble.
There are black sheep in every herd; as much as the Msians are generalized to be the more hardworking and humble lot, you cant deny the fact there wld be inevitably black sheep (someone who possess none of the gd traits Msians possess) and on the contrary, I am sure some Sporeans will stand out if they do not fit into the mould you cast them in - bochup, nonchalant and haughty, in this essence.
I hope lets not even bring nationality/races into the discussion because it can be pretty sensitive and trigger unwanted attention.


Like what M said, I believe so long as a person has the passion and diligence to pursue her dream, nationality shd never even be an impediment to being selected.
Anyway may the best lady/man win in this grueling round of selection.
SIA knows what they want in their selection anyway.
Just my 2 cents worth.
:D

User avatar
abastos
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005
Location: Singapour

abastos

Postby abastos » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 9:04 am

I am 21 this yr and jus finished my NS. I have no working experience but i do have serious vountary experience and Frenc as a 3rd language. Will these be enough for them?

lein
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 25 Sep 2005

interview outfit

Postby lein » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 9:30 am

anyone can suggest any other outfits for the SIA interview other than formal biz suits? or shirts and skirts?... i mean that makes me uncomfortable. is there any other options? hahaha

wormy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 04 Apr 2005

Postby wormy » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 2:19 pm

i think a skirt or pant and a blouse for shopping will do. but dont dress like ah lian can already. :)

lene67
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Oct 2005

Postby lene67 » Sun, 09 Oct 2005 8:41 pm

GraceTee wrote:Hi Lene, This is Grace here, my time slot same as u. wana meet up on that day? where u stay?


Hi Grace,

Sure, lets meet up. I've pm you. Check your msgs ya?

Lene

violet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Oct 2005

Postby violet » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 9:48 am

violet wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:Thanks M and Rapanzel!

Hi Zoergal,

So far, i think your time set (0920) is the closest to mine (0940). Mind meeting up too?...so that we can keep each other companied...*wink*

Anyone else? *i do not bite* hehe...


hi,Beagle lover,i m same time set wif u.Maybe we can go together o.
i add u in my MSN alr...mine is kean2_9@hotmail.com


Hey,Beagle lover,so how's your preparation?everything is settle?
will we go together tis saturday?wish to hear from u soon.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests