Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
veronica

Post by veronica » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 4:50 pm

hi.. jus wanto know if anyone knows of any sia stewardess of height below 1.58cm? like 1.56 or 1.57? n during the interview.. does they measure ya height n weight? cos i heard from frens saying the height isnt tt impt factor.. juz need to wear heels to the interview n will b able to escape through..1.56 or 1.57 still able get the job as a stewardess.. is that true?

dior

Post by dior » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 5:12 pm

veronica wrote:hi.. jus wanto know if anyone knows of any sia stewardess of height below 1.58cm? like 1.56 or 1.57? n during the interview.. does they measure ya height n weight? cos i heard from frens saying the height isnt tt impt factor.. juz need to wear heels to the interview n will b able to escape through..1.56 or 1.57 still able get the job as a stewardess.. is that true?
i dun tink it's true. i was told by my friend that one's height is taken b4 interiew. 157 n below will be sent off

veronica

Post by veronica » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 5:39 pm

oh.. so they do take their height measurements before the interview..i see..

fionana

Post by fionana » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 1:31 am

veronica wrote:hi.. jus wanto know if anyone knows of any sia stewardess of height below 1.58cm? like 1.56 or 1.57? n during the interview.. does they measure ya height n weight? cos i heard from frens saying the height isnt tt impt factor.. juz need to wear heels to the interview n will b able to escape through..1.56 or 1.57 still able get the job as a stewardess.. is that true?
yah, they will measure your height before the interview, and you got to take off your shoes to maesure your height. if you are under 1.58m, you will be ask to leave immediately

ah miao

Post by ah miao » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 1:40 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi... ah miao--- when you mentioned flawlwss skin for JAL, is it only for face or body? Cos i'm going for the final interview on this Sunday and they wanted us to bring a long a pair of shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top. so I'm really scared that the scars I have on my legs will make me rejected.

Any one know anything about JAL final interview also??
hi,

from what i know, flawless skin for JAL is for both face and body...u can't have scars on your face and body. but maybe now they have change their requirement?

all the best! =)

Leto

Post by Leto » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:07 pm

Those short girls, below 1.58, please dont even think about it ok! You will need to be able to reach the compartment about the seats in flight to help passengers put their bags. If you are too short and cannot even reach above, how are you going to help...You must be above to reach! That is why there is a minimum height requirement.

Post by Guest » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 3:26 pm

tomolo is the interview..... ani feeling gals? i feel nervous. ANi1 feel they are prepared?

Shan

Post by Shan » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 3:49 pm

I am selected!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be a SIA Stewardess in few months time!!!

^-^V

Post by ^-^V » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 3:51 pm

huh? when ur interview?

M

Post by M » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 4:16 pm

^-^V wrote:huh? when ur interview?
Probably last batch? :lol: Anyone knows how many are selected per intake? For both stewardesses n stewards? :shock:

Ursula

Post by Ursula » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 4:30 pm

hi there,

There are some questions i would like to clarify:

1) how many rounds of interview are there?
2) I've got my first round interview, how long would it take? 1 round interview per day or..?
3) what would be the appropriate dressing?
4) is it gonna be a group interview, how many people will that be?
5) i can't swim!!! >.< the swimming part isn't gonna be on during the first round interview right?

Post by Guest » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 4:48 pm

Ursula wrote:hi there,

There are some questions i would like to clarify:

1) how many rounds of interview are there?
2) I've got my first round interview, how long would it take? 1 round interview per day or..?
3) what would be the appropriate dressing?
4) is it gonna be a group interview, how many people will that be?
5) i can't swim!!! >.< the swimming part isn't gonna be on during the first round interview right?
Pls correct me if I'm wrong but I think the answers are-
1) quite a few
2 & 4) round 1 interview is the group introduction/discussion. about 10 in a group. about 5 minutes to 10. then will be informed right after who's into the next round and who can try again the next time. round 2 is 1-to-1 interview. conducted on same day as round 1.
3) smart business wear. just be comfortable and not too casual.
5) the swimming part will be conducted on another day, together with the kebaya test, personality test. eliminations are done in each round.

Pls add on if this list is incorrect or there's new info that we all should know about! thanx! :o

rita

Post by rita » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 8:22 pm

Leto wrote:Those short girls, below 1.58, please dont even think about it ok! You will need to be able to reach the compartment about the seats in flight to help passengers put their bags. If you are too short and cannot even reach above, how are you going to help...You must be above to reach! That is why there is a minimum height requirement.
i called leto just now and confirmed with him that he didnt write this reply. so anything from this point onwards are written by someone else. i should think that it is icy. there wont be any more postings by him in this forum. so i think you can use the nick LETO all you want.

~cheers~
rita.

nicker

Post by nicker » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 9:35 pm

hi just wanna know whether all those girls n guys who have been shortlisted have customer service experiences?

Hi_all

SIA Cabin Crew Interview

Post by Hi_all » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:15 pm

All the best to those going for the interview tomorrow.
Can post your experience here after your interview tomorrow ?
Thanks