Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
theohey

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby theohey » Mon, 01 Apr 2019 8:32 pm

archpunk wrote:
theohey wrote:hey guys! i went for my medical check up on the 11th March but have yet to receive any calls or email from them.. it’s been 3 weeks, i’ve also not received any rejection letter so i guess that’s good news.

i stated my availability any time after April so i wonder if that could be the cause. but i’m aware people who stated a later availability already got their call.. i’m so worried. anyone has any idea how it works? i’m a male applicant, if it matters.

Hey man. Male applicant here. Went for medical on 12th March. Stated 1 month availability. I received my golden sms on 28th March. I will be starting my training on 2nd May :)

Hope they call you soon brotha!

I wonder what’s taking them so long to get to me, i’m getting more and more worried day by day.. really hope that i wouldn’t end up receiving a letter after all the wait.

thanks for sharing the information, all the best for your training!! :)

archpunk

Postby archpunk » Mon, 01 Apr 2019 8:38 pm

theohey wrote:
archpunk wrote:
theohey wrote:hey guys! i went for my medical check up on the 11th March but have yet to receive any calls or email from them.. it’s been 3 weeks, i’ve also not received any rejection letter so i guess that’s good news.

i stated my availability any time after April so i wonder if that could be the cause. but i’m aware people who stated a later availability already got their call.. i’m so worried. anyone has any idea how it works? i’m a male applicant, if it matters.

Hey man. Male applicant here. Went for medical on 12th March. Stated 1 month availability. I received my golden sms on 28th March. I will be starting my training on 2nd May :)

I wonder what’s taking them so long to get to me, i’m getting more and more worried day by day.. really hope that i wouldn’t end up receiving a letter after all the wait.

Don’t worry ya. Mary told me it took awhile cause she was organising the batches and to see who should start training first depending on your availability. Do know that every batch has little numbers of male so yeah. You’ll get your call soon!

Plus, if there was anything with your medical they would’ve called as soon as you had done it so you could come back for a review ;) These are info from friends I have in SQ.

theohey

Postby theohey » Mon, 01 Apr 2019 8:44 pm

archpunk wrote:
theohey wrote:
archpunk wrote:

Don’t worry ya. Mary told me it took awhile cause she was organising the batches and to see who should start training first depending on your availability. Do know that every batch has little numbers of male so yeah. You’ll get your call soon!

Plus, if there was anything with your medical they would’ve called as soon as you had done it so you could come back for a review ;) These are info from friends I have in SQ.

that makes a point, thank you so much for making time to share the information!! fingers crossed, see you around STC if i see you :D

yellowbellojello

Postby yellowbellojello » Tue, 02 Apr 2019 5:37 pm

archpunk wrote:

Hey I sent you a pm :)

harry789

Postby harry789 » Wed, 03 Apr 2019 1:15 am

Hi i would like to ask, if you were to have mild flat foot issue will you still be able to be a cabin crew for SIA?

Ying82

Postby Ying82 » Fri, 05 Apr 2019 4:46 pm

Hi

Is there anyone know how long does it takes to get to know the approval of employment pass by MOM?

Cleared pre employment medical examination in Sg and Documents submitted on 30 March.

Thanks [-o<

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Apr 2019 7:04 pm

up to 3 months.

Ying82

Postby Ying82 » Fri, 05 Apr 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks @sundaymorningstaple :D

Is it the processing time for WP is faster than EP and SP?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 11:18 am

All have to be vetted before being issued nowadays, in the past they would often issue permits and then vet them later as they had time, but unfortunately, due to lots of forged documents from the surrounding 3rd world countries, they had to pick up alot of people working with false credentials (I lost two from Myanmar at the same time a number of years ago just before this new vetting procedure started) They had been working for me for 6 months at the time. MOM came to our offices and picked them up and locked them up. They were on S passes. But it's the same for all, but some countries are slower in verifying information and that's where the hangup is. All you can do is wait.

Ying82

Postby Ying82 » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 4:41 pm

So sad to hear that.

And thank you so much for answering my question.

@sundaymorningstaple

theohey

Postby theohey » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 4:45 pm

hi guys

a month of waiting after my pre-employment medical checkup, i received an email today mentioning that the doctor would like me to go back to the clinic for a medical review. does anyone know what that means? is there a chance that i would be failing my medical and not be accepted?

if anyone had experienced this, do kindly advise. thank you so much.

yellowbellojello

Postby yellowbellojello » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 2:59 pm

Hi there!

Anyone starting on 21 May 2019? :)

fearless8989

Postby fearless8989 » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 12:46 am

Hi!

Female applicant here and can I ask if anyone did not received the call yet after medical from 11th March? Getting really worried here because I see everyone getting their call but me. Went for medical on 11th March but because of woman's problem, got to go back on the 18th March but thereafter, there's no response from the medical centre or SIA. Stated availability after 15th May but saw that some of you start training on the 16th or 21st May. Pls do assist if you faced similar problems or if you have not gotten your call so I wont be so worried!

Thanks yall :)

Itsanavocado2344

Postby Itsanavocado2344 » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 12:56 pm

fearless8989 wrote:Hi!

Female applicant here and can I ask if anyone did not received the call yet after medical from 11th March? Getting really worried here because I see everyone getting their call but me. Went for medical on 11th March but because of woman's problem, got to go back on the 18th March but thereafter, there's no response from the medical centre or SIA. Stated availability after 15th May but saw that some of you start training on the 16th or 21st May. Pls do assist if you faced similar problems or if you have not gotten your call so I wont be so worried!

Thanks yall :)

Hi there !! I also went for medical check up on 11th March, but I think because of suspected scoliosis they only emailed me on 6th April to go back for review. But I think since you haven’t received an rejection letter it should be fine !

Raxsiel

Postby Raxsiel » Wed, 10 Apr 2019 3:35 pm

Hi, did anyone manage to defer their training date recently?