Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jessi.ca
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby jessi.ca » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 11:47 pm

Hi, I think I'm gonna try Silk air interview. Any advice if I should mention that I failed medical stage if they ask which round did I fail at?

Fuzzywuzzy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 03 Oct 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Fuzzywuzzy » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 1:16 am

jessi.ca wrote:Hi, I think I'm gonna try Silk air interview. Any advice if I should mention that I failed medical stage if they ask which round did I fail at?


Are you sure about that? SilkAir flight patterns are all turnarounds, no layovers so it gets pretty mundane. If you’re looking to travel, scoot might be a better option.

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 8:33 am

sheepsheep wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
yesyes! Let's update here if we got any good news!!


Hi! They called me this morning on my starting date! I’m starting on 15 May! I sent them an email ytd to remind them! :)


OMGGG!!! CONGRATS! I’M HAPPY FOR YOU! OH NO now I’m left hanging alone!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks!!! No worries they will contact you soon I believe!! Just abit slow in processing the dates hahhahaha

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 8:35 am

Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
yesyes! Let's update here if we got any good news!!


Hi! They called me this morning on my starting date! I’m starting on 15 May! I sent them an email ytd to remind them! :)




Did they inform you when Is the bond signing date ? I am still waiting for the email regarding that .. and congratsssssssss


She told me I”ll receive it in 2 weeks time hmmmmm

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 8:36 am

aly_reverie wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
yesyes! Let's update here if we got any good news!!


Hi! They called me this morning on my starting date! I’m starting on 15 May! I sent them an email ytd to remind them! :)


Hello! May I know who do you email to and was it to ask them of your employment status? I've been waiting since 8 March and while I can wait a little longer, I don't know if I should be worried that I haven't received any calls or letters at the moment.. :-|


When is your availability? Think you are quite safe I guess they’re just sorting out the dates now!

kessibees
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 05 Apr 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby kessibees » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 10:25 am

Hi, I did my medical on the 5th of March and till now I did not receive any reply or rejection letter. Anyone still facing the same issue? On the day of the medical checkup they forgotten my application so I waited longer than others, so I am wondering if the same thing is happening with the reply of the results. Other people who I went with to the checkup have already gotten their replies or have started training already. I am getting super worried. :(

aly_reverie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby aly_reverie » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 10:36 am

inoshikero wrote:
aly_reverie wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
Hi! They called me this morning on my starting date! I’m starting on 15 May! I sent them an email ytd to remind them! :)


Hello! May I know who do you email to and was it to ask them of your employment status? I've been waiting since 8 March and while I can wait a little longer, I don't know if I should be worried that I haven't received any calls or letters at the moment.. :-|


When is your availability? Think you are quite safe I guess they’re just sorting out the dates now!


I told them I'm avail from start of April.. :cry: Shall be patient and wait then!

aly_reverie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby aly_reverie » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 10:41 am

kessibees wrote:Hi, I did my medical on the 5th of March and till now I did not receive any reply or rejection letter. Anyone still facing the same issue? On the day of the medical checkup they forgotten my application so I waited longer than others, so I am wondering if the same thing is happening with the reply of the results. Other people who I went with to the checkup have already gotten their replies or have started training already. I am getting super worried. :(


Don't worry you're not alone! I went for medical on 5th too. Till now no response. I kept wondering if their rejection letter for me got lost in the mail.. but what are the odds right? :-| #-o

kessibees
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 05 Apr 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby kessibees » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 12:55 pm

aly_reverie wrote:
kessibees wrote:Hi, I did my medical on the 5th of March and till now I did not receive any reply or rejection letter. Anyone still facing the same issue? On the day of the medical checkup they forgotten my application so I waited longer than others, so I am wondering if the same thing is happening with the reply of the results. Other people who I went with to the checkup have already gotten their replies or have started training already. I am getting super worried. :(


Don't worry you're not alone! I went for medical on 5th too. Till now no response. I kept wondering if their rejection letter for me got lost in the mail.. but what are the odds right? :-| #-o


Praying that we get our results soon! Lets update here! Maybe you can try contacting them? I just sent an email.

jessi.ca
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby jessi.ca » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 2:57 pm

Fuzzywuzzy wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:Hi, I think I'm gonna try Silk air interview. Any advice if I should mention that I failed medical stage if they ask which round did I fail at?


Are you sure about that? SilkAir flight patterns are all turnarounds, no layovers so it gets pretty mundane. If you’re looking to travel, scoot might be a better option.


Because I thought if my performance is good when I'm in silk air, I'm able to transfer over to SIA? No?

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 6:29 pm

jessi.ca wrote:
Fuzzywuzzy wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:Hi, I think I'm gonna try Silk air interview. Any advice if I should mention that I failed medical stage if they ask which round did I fail at?


Are you sure about that? SilkAir flight patterns are all turnarounds, no layovers so it gets pretty mundane. If you’re looking to travel, scoot might be a better option.


Because I thought if my performance is good when I'm in silk air, I'm able to transfer over to SIA? No?


My friend is in Silkair, and he told
Me that you have to work at least 3 years to be transferred over, but you have to go Thru an interview too! But I believe there will be medical as well :(

jessi.ca
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby jessi.ca » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 10:43 pm

inoshikero wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
Fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Are you sure about that? SilkAir flight patterns are all turnarounds, no layovers so it gets pretty mundane. If you’re looking to travel, scoot might be a better option.


Because I thought if my performance is good when I'm in silk air, I'm able to transfer over to SIA? No?


My friend is in Silkair, and he told
Me that you have to work at least 3 years to be transferred over, but you have to go Thru an interview too! But I believe there will be medical as well :(


Argh. That sucks. I've sent an email to SIA to ask regarding my rejection whether if it's due to medical. But they have yet to reply me... it's been 2 weeks.

aly_reverie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby aly_reverie » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 3:50 pm

kessibees wrote:Praying that we get our results soon! Lets update here! Maybe you can try contacting them? I just sent an email.


Hey there, just thought I shld let you know! Just when I've lost all hope... [-o< I finally got my call yesterday! :') I didn't contact them prior to that though. I'm sure you'll receive yours soon too, so all the best 'kay? :)
For all those who needs to know.. I waited for a month to be informed that I'm offered a contract. So be patient if you're still waiting!

colehays
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby colehays » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 4:03 pm

Im going to employee referral interview tomorrow at pan pac. anyone is heading down as well? we can contact through email to update any info! will be greatly appreciated. cause right now im dying hard inside, so nervous for tomorrow. my email: huimin_23@hotmail.com any tips are most than welcome to receive from any kind soul.

noobie97
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 09 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby noobie97 » Sat, 07 Apr 2018 2:23 am

roxysquare wrote:Hi guys, Singapore Airlines is holding walk-in interview this coming Saturday (7th April).

Does anyone need last-minute advice? Please PM me via forum.

I was an ex-crew with about 7.5 years of flying experience. I know what interviewers look out for. How much do you want this job? How can you increase your success?

PM me.


hey there, i have PM-ed you but i didn't receive a reply #-o i would appreciate some last minute advice cos I'm going for the interview! thank you :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Strong Eagle and 1 guest