Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Aviationgeek5210
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Aviationgeek5210 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 8:18 am

polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Mine was on 6th March..when was yours ? , and I received call from HR already .. usually if neve receive any letter or phone call means still processing .

aly_reverie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby aly_reverie » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:01 am

polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Hi polly30, may I know when did they call you up for the 2nd x-ray, and did they say why you needed that?

I went for the medical check-up on the 5th and had subsequently gone down to STC to submit some pending documents. I have not received any response from the company ever since, so was wondering if I should continue waiting. I have been checking my mailbox regularly to look out for their rejection letter.

That said, I hope your condition is nothing serious and that you'll be able to make it through the medical round successfully. All the best. :)

polly30
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby polly30 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 2:56 pm

Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Mine was on 6th March..when was yours ? , and I received call from HR already .. usually if neve receive any letter or phone call means still processing .


6th March too! :( Ya hopefully!! Just hoping nothing comes in the mail haha. Anyways, congrats and happy training! :)

polly30
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby polly30 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 3:04 pm

aly_reverie wrote:
polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Hi polly30, may I know when did they call you up for the 2nd x-ray, and did they say why you needed that?

I went for the medical check-up on the 5th and had subsequently gone down to STC to submit some pending documents. I have not received any response from the company ever since, so was wondering if I should continue waiting. I have been checking my mailbox regularly to look out for their rejection letter.

That said, I hope your condition is nothing serious and that you'll be able to make it through the medical round successfully. All the best. :)


Hello! I did 2nd x-ray on the day of my checkup as well, 6th March :) She just said I had scoliosis...

Hahahaa me too, i check my mailbox everyday hoping not to get the letter :( I think you should be fine if you didn’t have to do any additional checks!

Thank you! Praying the best for our results and hopefully we’ll get the call soon!!❤️

Whitehorse123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 09 Oct 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Whitehorse123 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 3:38 pm

aly_reverie wrote:
polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Hi polly30, may I know when did they call you up for the 2nd x-ray, and did they say why you needed that?

I went for the medical check-up on the 5th and had subsequently gone down to STC to submit some pending documents. I have not received any response from the company ever since, so was wondering if I should continue waiting. I have been checking my mailbox regularly to look out for their rejection letter.

That said, I hope your condition is nothing serious and that you'll be able to make it through the medical round successfully. All the best. :)


Hi if u got called to submit pending documents means u passed ur medical alr

aly_reverie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby aly_reverie » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 5:04 pm

Whitehorse123 wrote:
aly_reverie wrote:
polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Hi polly30, may I know when did they call you up for the 2nd x-ray, and did they say why you needed that?

I went for the medical check-up on the 5th and had subsequently gone down to STC to submit some pending documents. I have not received any response from the company ever since, so was wondering if I should continue waiting. I have been checking my mailbox regularly to look out for their rejection letter.

That said, I hope your condition is nothing serious and that you'll be able to make it through the medical round successfully. All the best. :)


Hi if u got called to submit pending documents means u passed ur medical alr



Oh, oops, let me clarify. I meant the remaining documents that I didn't submit during the interview day itself. So basically after clearing the interviews on 3rd Mar, we were asked to produce all relevant documents for them to check. I left out one so they asked me to come back on 8th to submit. My medical check was on 5th, and I've never been called up once after that. Been abt 3 weeks alr?
So much uncertainty :cry: because in another post, someone mentioned she received her rejection letter even though she wasn't called for a 2nd medical review. So I'm wondering if that'll be me too. It seems like those who went for the walk-in interview on the 10th and didn't even state their availability as immediate are getting calls already.

redvelvet1234
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 23 Jan 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby redvelvet1234 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 5:06 pm

Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
jessi.ca wrote:
Woah... that sucks :/ Hope everything turned well for you!


Hi Jessica, yeah I'm starting in 3 weeks haha. If you've failed SQ because of medical, try again in 6 months. That's the period where your records will be removed from their system (what I was told)



Have you signed your bond yet ? I am starting on 8th May but no news on when the bond singing is .


It could probably be due to your availability:) what notice period did u give them?
Bond signing would only be a week before your actual training date, u might have to wait a little more before they’ll send you more details about it through email :)

Aviationgeek5210
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Aviationgeek5210 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 6:30 pm

polly30 wrote:
Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
polly30 wrote:Hi, anyone went for medical on 5th/6th March haven’t gotten any call/letter? :( Super nervous cos i needed to do 2nd x-ray..


Mine was on 6th March..when was yours ? , and I received call from HR already .. usually if neve receive any letter or phone call means still processing .


6th March too! :( Ya hopefully!! Just hoping nothing comes in the mail haha. Anyways, congrats and happy training! :)


I must have met you for sure on 6th in the afternoon, we were only 2 guys there :) ... and don't worry so much, usually, if they send of rejection will be very fast if you failed your medical. Just be patient, it all depends on the date you put you're available, be positive !. No letter means good sign !

Aviationgeek5210
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 21 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Aviationgeek5210 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 6:33 pm

redvelvet1234 wrote:
Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
geoffreymogeogeo wrote:
Hi Jessica, yeah I'm starting in 3 weeks haha. If you've failed SQ because of medical, try again in 6 months. That's the period where your records will be removed from their system (what I was told)



Have you signed your bond yet ? I am starting on 8th May but no news on when the bond singing is .


It could probably be due to your availability:) what notice period did u give them?
Bond signing would only be a week before your actual training date, u might have to wait a little more before they’ll send you more details about it through email :)


Thank you so much! and all the best for the training:), haha do share some advice once you start your training!

sheepsheep
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby sheepsheep » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 8:10 am

Hihi! I had my interview on March10 and did my medical on March13. However, I have not receive any anything yet... and it has been 2 weeks :( is it because I’m still in the army and am only available to start after Aug? Are there anyone that is in the same boat as me? :(

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 2:16 pm

sheepsheep wrote:Hihi! I had my interview on March10 and did my medical on March13. However, I have not receive any anything yet... and it has been 2 weeks :( is it because I’m still in the army and am only available to start after Aug? Are there anyone that is in the same boat as me? :(


hi! they are okay with you starting after Aug? I did not receive anything yet too! My availability is 1 month :( Had medical on 12th!

sheepsheep
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

SIA cabin crew

Postby sheepsheep » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 2:21 pm

inoshikero wrote:
sheepsheep wrote:Hihi! I had my interview on March10 and did my medical on March13. However, I have not receive any anything yet... and it has been 2 weeks is it because I’m still in the army and am only available to start after Aug? Are there anyone that is in the same boat as me? :(


hi! they are okay with you starting after Aug? I did not receive anything yet too! My availability is 1 month Had medical on 12th!


Oh hello! Yup, cause I have to ORD first. So when is the earliest you are able to start? Urgh... this is so nerve-wracking lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inoshikero
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby inoshikero » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 3:48 pm

sheepsheep wrote:
inoshikero wrote:
sheepsheep wrote:Hihi! I had my interview on March10 and did my medical on March13. However, I have not receive any anything yet... and it has been 2 weeks is it because I’m still in the army and am only available to start after Aug? Are there anyone that is in the same boat as me? :(


hi! they are okay with you starting after Aug? I did not receive anything yet too! My availability is 1 month Had medical on 12th!


Oh hello! Yup, cause I have to ORD first. So when is the earliest you are able to start? Urgh... this is so nerve-wracking lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


yah IKR!! hopefully they will get back to us soon!~

polly30
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby polly30 » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:15 pm

aly_reverie wrote:
Whitehorse123 wrote:
aly_reverie wrote:
Hi polly30, may I know when did they call you up for the 2nd x-ray, and did they say why you needed that?

I went for the medical check-up on the 5th and had subsequently gone down to STC to submit some pending documents. I have not received any response from the company ever since, so was wondering if I should continue waiting. I have been checking my mailbox regularly to look out for their rejection letter.

That said, I hope your condition is nothing serious and that you'll be able to make it through the medical round successfully. All the best. :)


Hi if u got called to submit pending documents means u passed ur medical alr



Oh, oops, let me clarify. I meant the remaining documents that I didn't submit during the interview day itself. So basically after clearing the interviews on 3rd Mar, we were asked to produce all relevant documents for them to check. I left out one so they asked me to come back on 8th to submit. My medical check was on 5th, and I've never been called up once after that. Been abt 3 weeks alr?
So much uncertainty :cry: because in another post, someone mentioned she received her rejection letter even though she wasn't called for a 2nd medical review. So I'm wondering if that'll be me too. It seems like those who went for the walk-in interview on the 10th and didn't even state their availability as immediate are getting calls already.


Your availability is immediate too? :( I think now we just need to be patient and wait for the call!! Maybe they are trying to allocate ya to training dates! :)

polly30
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby polly30 » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:17 pm

Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
polly30 wrote:
Aviationgeek5210 wrote:
Mine was on 6th March..when was yours ? , and I received call from HR already .. usually if neve receive any letter or phone call means still processing .


6th March too! :( Ya hopefully!! Just hoping nothing comes in the mail haha. Anyways, congrats and happy training! :)


I must have met you for sure on 6th in the afternoon, we were only 2 guys there :) ... and don't worry so much, usually, if they send of rejection will be very fast if you failed your medical. Just be patient, it all depends on the date you put you're available, be positive !. No letter means good sign !


Ooo!! Haha, I saw quite a bunch of you gathering at the back but I was sitting at the front :) Yep trying to be positive right now hehe but my availability is immediate :( Will update here whenever i get news


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests