I'm not complaining about SQ's service, it's among the best on the planet. But, well, they're still waitresses on a flying bus, and being a waitress is a tough job that doesn't get you much respect.Yutenji wrote:Hmmm, not sure I'd agree with jpatokal on this. Maybe we're getting off the original topic, but SQ is one of the few airlines that seems to attach importance to treating it's passengers with respect.
i am interested to apply for the position as SIA Flight Stewardess. is there any age limit?
i am not young, i worked in the media industry right after i graduated for 4 years. am i consider too old to be flight stewardess? i am 27 this year.
thanks a lot!
hi claudine,claudine wrote:I went for the SIA recruitment last Nov, and passed the first 2 rounds. I would think they were looking for pleasant looking girls who can present themselves and talk well.
After the 2nd interview, the guy who interviewed me said they wanted girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard. But he warned me that I may fail the 3rd round, which is the kebaya test becoz he thought I was too small-sized. (I am 24yrs old, 1.6m, 43kg)
AND.... true enough, I failed the kebaya test!!!! Actually I understand why, the bigger sized girls looked really curvarous in the kebaya, but I looked really skinny and straight. In the end, all the big girls got in and the smaller girls got kicked out. And seriously, the girls who got in were not really beauties, including me.
So, one word of advice, please put on weight before you go for the interview. And make sure you can speak proper english, not singlish. But the politics is really really bad, so..... may not be a good job after all.
hi Sgirl,Sgirl wrote:Hi
The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26
I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.
1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.
So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.
Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests