Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ngyh
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby ngyh » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 6:26 pm

Then probably I didn't get it already .. it's so late now ... :???:

joyfulbean
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby joyfulbean » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 6:45 pm

[quote="Spinxo91"]Omg this is so exciting. Good luck to everyone!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Hey Spinxo91! What was your experience during your 1st interview after the video? Any lesson to share with us hahaha

To ngyh: worry not, have faith! The day hasn't ended!

Jacky.Z
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Jacky.Z » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 6:47 pm

joyfulbean wrote:just received the mail!!!!!



Ohh my god! I got it as well!!! I don't think I've ever been happier!!! Wish everyone good luck and hope all of us pass the interview as well!!!

Spinxo91
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 07 Nov 2016

SIA cabin crew

Postby Spinxo91 » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 7:20 pm

joyfulbean wrote:
Spinxo91 wrote:Omg this is so exciting. Good luck to everyone!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Hey Spinxo91! What was your experience during your 1st interview after the video? Any lesson to share with us hahaha

To ngyh: worry not, have faith! The day hasn't ended!


To those that received the email, a huge congratulations to y'all! Haha! Okay with regards to what's gonna happen next Saturday:

3 rounds in total!

So first they will bring you into this auditorium with all the other successful candidates. Take this opportunity to just mingle around because it REALLY helps in reducing your anxiety/stress/nervousness.

#1 - Debate/Introduction round
2 interviewers to 6 excited hopefuls

It can go both ways. For me it was self-introduction. Basically you have to introduce yourself and elaborate on why you chose SQ. (It could be other qns as well)

As for debate, they'll break you up into two groups (agreeing/opposing team), give you a topic and y'all would have to discuss and present your POV.

---------

#2 Management Round
Two interviewers to one nervous hopeful

This to me is more of a "get to know you a little more" session where they'll ask you questions about yourself based on your profile/conversation you're having with them.

---------

#3 Skin Check/Kebaya Round

For ladies - they will bring you to a room where y'all have to get changed into the kebaya.

For men - Remove your necktie and roll up your sleeves.

After that, there will be a separate room where you will have to walk appx 5m (to check for posture) and the lady will then proceed on to check your skin & teeth.

It'll take approximately 2-3 hours in total!

My personal tip to you guys is to have 0% expectation, stay humble, smile and most importantly have fun!

Without any expectation, you are more likely to be yourself. My take is that they are not looking for model answers, but rather how well are you able to articulate your thoughts/improvise/engage them!

Once again, congrats to you guys! Just relax, have fun and see y'all in STC soon!





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spinxo91 on Thu, 05 Jan 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joyfulbean
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby joyfulbean » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 7:35 pm

Spinxo91 wrote:
joyfulbean wrote:
Spinxo91 wrote:Omg this is so exciting. Good luck to everyone!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Hey Spinxo91! What was your experience during your 1st interview after the video? Any lesson to share with us hahaha

To ngyh: worry not, have faith! The day hasn't ended!


To those that received the email, a huge congratulations to y'all! Haha! Okay with regards to what's gonna happen next Saturday:

3 rounds in total!

So first they will bring you into this auditorium with all the other successful candidates. Take this opportunity to just mingle around because it REALLY helps in reducing your anxiety/stress/nervousness.

#1 - Debate/Introduction round
2 interviewers to 6 excited hopefuls

It can go both ways. For me it was self-introduction. Basically you have to introduce yourself and elaborate on why you chose SQ. (It could be other qns as well)

As for debate, they'll break you up into two groups (agreeing/opposing team), give you a topic and y'all would have to discuss and present your POV.

---------

#2 Management Round
Two interviewers to one nervous hopeful

This to me is more of a "get to know you a little more" session where they'll ask you questions about yourself based on your profile/conversation you're having with them.

---------

#3 Skin Check/Kebaya Round

For ladies - they will bring you to a room where y'all have to get changed into the kebaya.

For men - Remove your necktie and roll up your sleeves.

After that, there will be a separate room where you will have to walk appx 5m (to check for posture) and the lady will then proceed on to check your skin & teeth.

It'll take approximately 2-3 hours in total!

My personal tip to you guys is to have 0% expectation, stay humble, smile and most importantly have fun!

Without any expectation, you are more likely to be yourself. My take is that they are not looking for model answers, but rather how well are you able to articulate your thoughts/improvise/engage them!

Once again, congrats to you guys! Just relax, have fun and see y'all in STC soon!





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks Spinxo91! I have a question on the skin check round, is there really the legendary bright spot lights shining unto our skin? Do they scrutinise any small scars?

Spinxo91
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 07 Nov 2016

SIA cabin crew

Postby Spinxo91 » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 7:36 am

joyfulbean wrote:
Spinxo91 wrote:
joyfulbean wrote:


To those that received the email, a huge congratulations to y'all! Haha! Okay with regards to what's gonna happen next Saturday:

3 rounds in total!

So first they will bring you into this auditorium with all the other successful candidates. Take this opportunity to just mingle around because it REALLY helps in reducing your anxiety/stress/nervousness.

#1 - Debate/Introduction round
2 interviewers to 6 excited hopefuls

It can go both ways. For me it was self-introduction. Basically you have to introduce yourself and elaborate on why you chose SQ. (It could be other qns as well)

As for debate, they'll break you up into two groups (agreeing/opposing team), give you a topic and y'all would have to discuss and present your POV.

---------

#2 Management Round
Two interviewers to one nervous hopeful

This to me is more of a "get to know you a little more" session where they'll ask you questions about yourself based on your profile/conversation you're having with them.

---------

#3 Skin Check/Kebaya Round

For ladies - they will bring you to a room where y'all have to get changed into the kebaya.

For men - Remove your necktie and roll up your sleeves.

After that, there will be a separate room where you will have to walk appx 5m (to check for posture) and the lady will then proceed on to check your skin & teeth.

It'll take approximately 2-3 hours in total!

My personal tip to you guys is to have 0% expectation, stay humble, smile and most importantly have fun!

Without any expectation, you are more likely to be yourself. My take is that they are not looking for model answers, but rather how well are you able to articulate your thoughts/improvise/engage them!

Once again, congrats to you guys! Just relax, have fun and see y'all in STC soon!





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks Spinxo91! I have a question on the skin check round, is there really the legendary bright spot lights shining unto our skin? Do they scrutinise any small scars?


Haha! It's a thing of a past I believe.

You will, however be told to stand under this ceiling spotlight where she will then ask you to look to your left/right while she check on your skin condition.

As Long as the scar is not too prominent, it should be fine!

Don't worry too much about it and just do your best



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spinxo91 on Fri, 06 Jan 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

joyfulbean
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 04 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby joyfulbean » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 11:25 am

Thank you Spinxo91 :) I will enjoy the interview rounds on 14th, will update here thereafter! Best of luck to every one here.

Jacky.Z
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Jacky.Z » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 1:48 pm

Hi Spinxo91, I wanted to ask if my teeth have to be pearly white during the interview? Years of soft drinks kind of turned them a little yellow

Spinxo91
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 07 Nov 2016

SIA cabin crew

Postby Spinxo91 » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 1:57 pm

Jacky.Z wrote:Hi Spinxo91, I wanted to ask if my teeth have to be pearly white during the interview? Years of soft drinks kind of turned them a little yellow


Hey Jacky! Doesn't have to be perfectly white haha. If it's just a lil bit it should be fine. If it's WAY too yellow, the lady will most probably just let you know during your skin check and they'll put you under review thereafter. (All you gotta do is just whiten it before you come back for your review and that should do)




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spinxo91 on Fri, 06 Jan 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacky.Z
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Jacky.Z » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 2:45 pm

Spinxo91 wrote:
Jacky.Z wrote:Hi Spinxo91, I wanted to ask if my teeth have to be pearly white during the interview? Years of soft drinks kind of turned them a little yellow


Hey Jacky! Doesn't have to be perfectly white haha. If it's just a lil bit it should be fine. If it's WAY too yellow, the lady will most probably just let you know during your skin check and they'll put you under review thereafter. (All you gotta do is just whiten it before you come back for your review and that should do)


Ohh ok that don't sound too bad, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kitkatkitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby kitkatkitty » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 7:59 pm

Spinxo91 wrote:
To those that received the email, a huge congratulations to y'all! Haha! Okay with regards to what's gonna happen next Saturday:

3 rounds in total!

So first they will bring you into this auditorium with all the other successful candidates. Take this opportunity to just mingle around because it REALLY helps in reducing your anxiety/stress/nervousness.

#1 - Debate/Introduction round
2 interviewers to 6 excited hopefuls

It can go both ways. For me it was self-introduction. Basically you have to introduce yourself and elaborate on why you chose SQ. (It could be other qns as well)

As for debate, they'll break you up into two groups (agreeing/opposing team), give you a topic and y'all would have to discuss and present your POV.

---------

#2 Management Round
Two interviewers to one nervous hopeful

This to me is more of a "get to know you a little more" session where they'll ask you questions about yourself based on your profile/conversation you're having with them.

---------

#3 Skin Check/Kebaya Round

For ladies - they will bring you to a room where y'all have to get changed into the kebaya.

For men - Remove your necktie and roll up your sleeves.

After that, there will be a separate room where you will have to walk appx 5m (to check for posture) and the lady will then proceed on to check your skin & teeth.

It'll take approximately 2-3 hours in total!

My personal tip to you guys is to have 0% expectation, stay humble, smile and most importantly have fun!

Without any expectation, you are more likely to be yourself. My take is that they are not looking for model answers, but rather how well are you able to articulate your thoughts/improvise/engage them!

Once again, congrats to you guys! Just relax, have fun and see y'all in STC soon!





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Hi Spinxo91,

Just a quick question, how did you know the procedure for the online applications? Have you personally applied via this platform?

Spinxo91
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 07 Nov 2016

SIA cabin crew

Postby Spinxo91 » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 8:03 pm

Yeap I did. Someone posted the procedure in the earlier posts as well during the Oct Online intake :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacky.Z
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Jacky.Z » Sun, 08 Jan 2017 11:18 am

Hey do anyone knows what the "Deed poll" that we need to bring during the interview refers to?

kitkatkitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 05 Jan 2017

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby kitkatkitty » Sun, 08 Jan 2017 1:02 pm

Jacky.Z wrote:Hey do anyone knows what the "Deed poll" that we need to bring during the interview refers to?


Hi Jacky,

Deed pool only applies if you have made changes to your name before. It's like an official document of your name change

Jacky.Z
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 29 Dec 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Jacky.Z » Sun, 08 Jan 2017 1:14 pm

kitkatkitty wrote:
Jacky.Z wrote:Hey do anyone knows what the "Deed poll" that we need to bring during the interview refers to?


Hi Jacky,

Deed pool only applies if you have made changes to your name before. It's like an official document of your name change



ohh thanks for the info! :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests