Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mona

i din get it

Postby mona » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:17 am

:( :???: i din get it... de next day they remeasured the height n i was 0.5cm short...they made me do the kebaya fit n the swim test n then they told me i din get in coz of my height... but the add is out again..im going to reappply..gonna start dooing sum stretching exercises...

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Re: i din get it

Postby Scorpion » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:52 am

mona wrote::( :???: i din get it... de next day they remeasured the height n i was 0.5cm short...they made me do the kebaya fit n the swim test n then they told me i din get in because of my height... but the add is out again..im going to reappply..gonna start dooing sum stretching exercises...

Gd luck.. again :cool:

EvanLee

Re: Requirement

Postby EvanLee » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 6:34 am

abastos wrote:I would like to ask if I can join SIA with 3(A) and 1(AO) cert under the A levels criteria? My O levels got 9credits. Is it possible for me to apply? I just came out of NS and am a model currently. Will that affect in any way? A reply will be good asap. Thank you SIA-aspirants!!::)

Your results looks fine and it fits the criteria of "At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits". Did you do well for your GP?

If you never try, you never know... :lol:

joshua

Postby joshua » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 9:29 am

jus a ques...are local singaporeans only able to apply for SIA? what abt British Airways, United Airlines, Qantas, etc? can locals apply to be an air steward over at those airlines? jus wondering...

silvercat

Postby silvercat » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 9:43 am

EvanLee wrote:
abastos wrote:I would like to ask if I can join SIA with 3(A) and 1(AO) cert under the A levels criteria? My O levels got 9credits. Is it possible for me to apply? I just came out of NS and am a model currently. Will that affect in any way? A reply will be good asap. Thank you SIA-aspirants!!::)

Your results looks fine and it fits the criteria of "At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits". Did you do well for your GP?

What if i did not do well for my GP? I got a D7 but manage to get an oversea degree with hons. Do you think its alright?

EvanLee

Postby EvanLee » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:25 am

silvercat wrote:
EvanLee wrote:

What if i did not do well for my GP? I got a D7 but manage to get an oversea degree with hons. Do you think its alright?

Personally I feel that it should be alright. They will look at your highest qualification, I think. :wink:

lowsh83

resume?

Postby lowsh83 » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:56 am

hi all,

just wondering, anyone has sent in the application? and by the way, they asked for covering letter. how about resume?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: resume?

Postby M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:08 pm

lowsh83 wrote:hi all,

just wondering, anyone has sent in the application? and by the way, they asked for covering letter. how about resume?

Just send whatever you got yeah? :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:10 pm

EvanLee wrote:
silvercat wrote:
EvanLee wrote:

Personally I feel that it should be alright. They will look at your highest qualification, I think. :wink:

Yes, your highest qualification counts. Don't bother about PSLE yeah? :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:12 pm

joshua wrote:jus a ques...are local singaporeans only able to apply for SIA? what abt British Airways, United Airlines, Qantas, etc? can locals apply to be an air steward over at those airlines? jus wondering...

tough question though they stated singaporeans? so i reckon PR and singaporeans are qualified eh? well, look up for more info on international airlines sites and go through past postings to gather more infos? :cool:

joshua

Postby joshua » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 1:18 pm

so do u know of any international airlines website?
can u gimme a link or something?
thx a lot!

mona

opinion wanted

Postby mona » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 2:42 pm

hey guys!!! wot do u think...should i reapply...coz im not sure if my height fits the requirement...coz when i measured here in the clinic i was 158 but when i went 4 the interview im 157.5....i got kicked out 4 that...so do u think i should keep trying until they take me... :???: i heard they r having a shortage of crew....advise plz anybody....
Attachments
se.jpg
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 469 times

ying

Re: Hopeless

Postby ying » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 2:55 pm

Hopeless wrote:
M wrote:http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/careers/cabincrew_details.jsp

pls click on the above to be directed to the page you're yearning for. :cool:

Thats weird! I went to the SIA website directly, under cabin crew appointment...but could only find the ad for Malaysian stewardesses dated 2 Jul!!! Whats happening???
Is this a prank or wat?

yah... is the recruitment for local cabin crew for real? went to SIA website, they are still having the advert for malaysians...
there are no recruitment for local cabin crews...

jejune

Postby jejune » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:21 pm

it is for real.
visit the website and click on Careers.

Anyway are they really in short of air crew?

There is also an advertisement in the Straits Times' Recruit section.

mabel

Postby mabel » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:29 pm

jejune wrote:it is for real.
visit the website and click on Careers.

Anyway are they really in short of air crew?

There is also an advertisement in the Straits Times' Recruit section.

Hi jejune,

i can't find any recrutiment for local stewardess. i went to their website: www.singaporeair.com, and click on careers and click on cabin crew, but it is the old recruitment for malaysians that ended on the 2nd july. so, is SIA really recruitment local crews?

did SIA advertiste on straitstime today? when is the closing date?

thanks a lot!