Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Omomni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:47 pm

Imaaroncharles wrote:Hey guys! I just came back from the interview and none in my group made it through sigh. They actually booted off a lot of people based on my observation.

So this is how it works. Y'all will be grouped in 5 or 6 and they will throw you a random question. After that, you'll have to wait outside for the results to see if you make it to the 2v1 management round or not.

The kebaya/skin check is the final round.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What do you have to do with the random questions? Is it like a debate or ?

Spinxo91
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 07 Nov 2016

SIA cabin crew

Postby Spinxo91 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:51 pm

Omomni wrote:
Imaaroncharles wrote:Hey guys! I just came back from the interview and none in my group made it through sigh. They actually booted off a lot of people based on my observation.

So this is how it works. Y'all will be grouped in 5 or 6 and they will throw you a random question. After that, you'll have to wait outside for the results to see if you make it to the 2v1 management round or not.

The kebaya/skin check is the final round.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What do you have to do with the random questions? Is it like a debate or ?


Haha you have to present your answer in front of everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spinxo91 on Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eugehet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby eugehet » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 1:15 pm

Hi All,

to those that had attended the video interview, what is the process like? Is it done through Skype?

TIA

Azztip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 31 Oct 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Azztip » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 1:25 pm

Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
10.30am. Yours? Oh so its the same as walk in interview then i guess it will be a long day provided we don get out in the first round. Haha


Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!


How isit azztip!


Unfortunately I didn't get in. :( I got through the group interview round, where we had a debate. There are laminated papers on the table too, but we didn't use it at all. I think it's supposed to be for the passage reading. I think the interviewer will just pick whatever they wanna interview, either introducing partners, passage reading, or the debate? That's only my guess haha.

Only 3 out of 6 of us got through, I saw some groups which got booted out entirely and nobody got through at all. Super harsh :shock: Then proceeded to the management round but I failed at that point haha. My guess is that the interviewers will interview 2 or 3 people, then select the most 'outstanding' one? :) Guess the person who interviewed before me did better than me. :(

Rubywoooo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 06 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Rubywoooo » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 1:38 pm

Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
10.30am. Yours? Oh so its the same as walk in interview then i guess it will be a long day provided we don get out in the first round. Haha


Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!


How isit azztip!


Hey guys!

Just to let you know that mine went ok.

GROUP INTRO/DEBATE:
There will be 6 participants in a group and lucky for us, our group only had to do an "Introduction" while others had debate. But unfortunately and only 1 made it through (yours truly).

MANAGEMENT INTERVIEW:
This interview is based on yourself and what you have done previously. They will ask you questions based on what you have written on your application form. I think it took only 10-15 mins for mine haha. After that you wait for the results.

KEBAYA/SKIN CHECK:
Once you are successful, you will have to wear the Kebaya. There will be no sizes tagged on it. After that you will need to proceed to another room and check your height & weight. And your back to see if there is any rashes/acne. They would require you to lift up your skirt to check on your legs as well. And then, do a "catwalk". For me, they said that my left shoulder is higher than my right

Lastly, they will check your teeth. So yep, I'm currently under review & they'll call me back in December because I'm wearing Invisalign at the moment. Mine is obvious because I have attachments on.

MEDICAL CHECKUP:
If you are successful, you will have to proceed to another room (not so sure about this) to submit your relevant documents and ask for your availability to do a medical checkup. You might need to wait for 3 weeks to a month. They'll call you if you have successfully cleared your medicals and ask when you can start training.

So yep, that's about it & all the best everyone! Most importantly, stay calm, keep smiling and positive thoughts always! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azztip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 31 Oct 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Azztip » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 2:10 pm

Rubywoooo wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!


How isit azztip!


Hey guys!

Just to let you know that mine went ok.

GROUP INTRO/DEBATE:
There will be 6 participants in a group and lucky for us, our group only had to do an "Introduction" while others had debate. But unfortunately and only 1 made it through (yours truly).

MANAGEMENT INTERVIEW:
This interview is based on yourself and what you have done previously. They will ask you questions based on what you have written on your application form. I think it took only 10-15 mins for mine haha. After that you wait for the results.

KEBAYA/SKIN CHECK:
Once you are successful, you will have to wear the Kebaya. There will be no sizes tagged on it. After that you will need to proceed to another room and check your height & weight. And your back to see if there is any rashes/acne. They would require you to lift up your skirt to check on your legs as well. And then, do a "catwalk". For me, they said that my left shoulder is higher than my right

Lastly, they will check your teeth. So yep, I'm currently under review & they'll call me back in December because I'm wearing Invisalign at the moment. Mine is obvious because I have attachments on.

MEDICAL CHECKUP:
If you are successful, you will have to proceed to another room (not so sure about this) to submit your relevant documents and ask for your availability to do a medical checkup. You might need to wait for 3 weeks to a month. They'll call you if you have successfully cleared your medicals and ask when you can start training.

So yep, that's about it & all the best everyone! Most importantly, stay calm, keep smiling and positive thoughts always! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Omg congrats!! :D

Omomni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 3:58 pm

Azztip wrote:
Rubywoooo wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
How isit azztip!


Hey guys!

Just to let you know that mine went ok.

GROUP INTRO/DEBATE:
There will be 6 participants in a group and lucky for us, our group only had to do an "Introduction" while others had debate. But unfortunately and only 1 made it through (yours truly).

MANAGEMENT INTERVIEW:
This interview is based on yourself and what you have done previously. They will ask you questions based on what you have written on your application form. I think it took only 10-15 mins for mine haha. After that you wait for the results.

KEBAYA/SKIN CHECK:
Once you are successful, you will have to wear the Kebaya. There will be no sizes tagged on it. After that you will need to proceed to another room and check your height & weight. And your back to see if there is any rashes/acne. They would require you to lift up your skirt to check on your legs as well. And then, do a "catwalk". For me, they said that my left shoulder is higher than my right

Lastly, they will check your teeth. So yep, I'm currently under review & they'll call me back in December because I'm wearing Invisalign at the moment. Mine is obvious because I have attachments on.

MEDICAL CHECKUP:
If you are successful, you will have to proceed to another room (not so sure about this) to submit your relevant documents and ask for your availability to do a medical checkup. You might need to wait for 3 weeks to a month. They'll call you if you have successfully cleared your medicals and ask when you can start training.

So yep, that's about it & all the best everyone! Most importantly, stay calm, keep smiling and positive thoughts always! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Omg congrats!! :D


Hi all, i got KIV as i was too skinny, they told me that they will email me in Jan or Feb. Any idea what if they dont email by then, does that mean i am rejected?

Tedyuntianhu
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu, 02 Jun 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Tedyuntianhu » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 5:09 pm

.
Last edited by Tedyuntianhu on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nab5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 05 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby nab5 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 5:31 pm

Rubywoooo wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!


How isit azztip!


Hey guys!

Just to let you know that mine went ok.

GROUP INTRO/DEBATE:
There will be 6 participants in a group and lucky for us, our group only had to do an "Introduction" while others had debate. But unfortunately and only 1 made it through (yours truly).

MANAGEMENT INTERVIEW:
This interview is based on yourself and what you have done previously. They will ask you questions based on what you have written on your application form. I think it took only 10-15 mins for mine haha. After that you wait for the results.

KEBAYA/SKIN CHECK:
Once you are successful, you will have to wear the Kebaya. There will be no sizes tagged on it. After that you will need to proceed to another room and check your height & weight. And your back to see if there is any rashes/acne. They would require you to lift up your skirt to check on your legs as well. And then, do a "catwalk". For me, they said that my left shoulder is higher than my right

Lastly, they will check your teeth. So yep, I'm currently under review & they'll call me back in December because I'm wearing Invisalign at the moment. Mine is obvious because I have attachments on.

MEDICAL CHECKUP:
If you are successful, you will have to proceed to another room (not so sure about this) to submit your relevant documents and ask for your availability to do a medical checkup. You might need to wait for 3 weeks to a month. They'll call you if you have successfully cleared your medicals and ask when you can start training.

So yep, that's about it & all the best everyone! Most importantly, stay calm, keep smiling and positive thoughts always! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thank you ruby for sharing about the interview process! It definitely helped me prepare myself mentally just now.

I was at the 230pm slot - got the debate type and managed to pass with two other candidates! So grateful to have had very friendly interviewers & candidates who came in with me :)

But while filling out a questionnaire before the management round, I was told to walk in in Jakarta instead since I'm a PR with Indonesian nationality. So, in case there are PRs in this forum who are wondering if they could attend the interview in Singapore, perhaps you could start to look out for the interview dates at your country of nationality instead :)

Congrats to all who made it! And good luck to the rest who will try again & are on KIV! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omomni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 6:06 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:
Omomni wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Omg congrats!! :D


Hi all, i got KIV as i was too skinny, they told me that they will email me in Jan or Feb. Any idea what if they dont email by then, does that mean i am rejected?



Congrats to all that made it through! If you didn't, don't be disheartened... there's always another try you can go for if you really want the job so badly!

Replying your message, they will definitely get back to you as to when your KIV will be. But at the same time please do get your weight in check. Eat more to get your bmi in the acceptable range. Drink more water too if you don't have the habit to. :) all the best!!


Thank you so much for this, at least i know i still got the chance !

Maryyyy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Maryyyy » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 6:16 pm

hello! Just wanted to ask! How was the skin check for the online interview? did they check the back of your neck? :o

And congrats to all those that made it :D to those who did not, never give up hope!

Omomni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 6:34 pm

Maryyyy wrote:hello! Just wanted to ask! How was the skin check for the online interview? did they check the back of your neck? :o

And congrats to all those that made it :D to those who did not, never give up hope!



Hi Maryyyy, yes they did! They will check your neck and back by lightly pulling the back of the kebaya and see. Your face, hands and legs will be checked too. But all the interviewers are really awesome! Just keep smiling!

Maryyyy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Maryyyy » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 6:40 pm

Omomni wrote:
Maryyyy wrote:hello! Just wanted to ask! How was the skin check for the online interview? did they check the back of your neck? :o

And congrats to all those that made it :D to those who did not, never give up hope!



Hi Maryyyy, yes they did! They will check your neck and back by lightly pulling the back of the kebaya and see. Your face, hands and legs will be checked too. But all the interviewers are really awesome! Just keep smiling!



Hello Omomni!!!! So they would ask you to lift up your hair and literally check the back of your neck? :( I have a scar near the back of my neck :( Really scared they might boot me out because of that!

Anyways congrats! I wish you all the best :)

Omomni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 09 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 7:11 pm

Maryyyy wrote:
Omomni wrote:
Maryyyy wrote:hello! Just wanted to ask! How was the skin check for the online interview? did they check the back of your neck? :o

And congrats to all those that made it :D to those who did not, never give up hope!



Hi Maryyyy, yes they did! They will check your neck and back by lightly pulling the back of the kebaya and see. Your face, hands and legs will be checked too. But all the interviewers are really awesome! Just keep smiling!



Hello Omomni!!!! So they would ask you to lift up your hair and literally check the back of your neck? :( I have a scar near the back of my neck :( Really scared they might boot me out because of that!

Anyways congrats! I wish you all the best :)


O! Is your scar very visible? You may try to conceal it, unless like mine, i currently have a super huge pimples and am unable to conceal.. :( , you are required to bun up your hair during the kebaya fitting round i hope this will help you!

All the very best to you too maryyyy :) im praying hard too!

Maryyyy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 13 Nov 2016

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Maryyyy » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 7:27 pm

Omomni wrote:
Maryyyy wrote:
Omomni wrote:

Hi Maryyyy, yes they did! They will check your neck and back by lightly pulling the back of the kebaya and see. Your face, hands and legs will be checked too. But all the interviewers are really awesome! Just keep smiling!



Hello Omomni!!!! So they would ask you to lift up your hair and literally check the back of your neck? :( I have a scar near the back of my neck :( Really scared they might boot me out because of that!

Anyways congrats! I wish you all the best :)


O! Is your scar very visible? You may try to conceal it, unless like mine, i currently have a super huge pimples and am unable to conceal.. :( , you are required to bun up your hair during the kebaya fitting round i hope this will help you!

All the very best to you too maryyyy :) im praying hard too!



It's quite visible even after concealing it :/ thats why im quite hesitant and scared! I have short hair though! Will they still ask me to bun up? Thank you so much for replying me! :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest