Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:36 pm

Hi, new to this forum.

i am certain that the uniforms of the cabin crew is fit to the tee. but i have a protruding ribcage bone at the lower end.

will it affect my chance? its pretty obvious whenever i wear fitting clothes.

shopaholic
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

shopaholic

Postby shopaholic » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 1:54 pm

Hey everyone, long time!

I've made it through the swim test as well as the kebaya fit. Am waiting for the management interview + tea party now. Good luck to me and all ;)

shopaholic
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby shopaholic » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 1:56 pm

From what I've heard, your uniforms are tailor-made when you become a full fledged CC.



Anonymous wrote:Hi, new to this forum.

i am certain that the uniforms of the cabin crew is fit to the tee. but i have a protruding ribcage bone at the lower end.

will it affect my chance? its pretty obvious whenever i wear fitting clothes.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: shopaholic

Postby M » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 9:20 pm

assaholic, yet to see ya in a while. congratulations and all da best. see ya online if ya is around yeah? take care! :cool:

shopaholic wrote:Hey everyone, long time!

I've made it through the swim test as well as the kebaya fit. Am waiting for the management interview + tea party now. Good luck to me and all ;)

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: shopaholic

Postby Paige » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 9:46 pm

shopaholic wrote:Hey everyone, long time!

I've made it through the swim test as well as the kebaya fit. Am waiting for the management interview + tea party now. Good luck to me and all ;)


Hey Shopaholic,
Long time didnt see you in this forum.. So... you are bz preparing urself for the interview...
icic... well.. congrats! you dream is goin to come thru!

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

shopaholic
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Re: shopaholic

Postby shopaholic » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 3:32 pm

Thanks Paige C=


Paige wrote:
shopaholic wrote:Hey everyone, long time!

I've made it through the swim test as well as the kebaya fit. Am waiting for the management interview + tea party now. Good luck to me and all ;)


Hey Shopaholic,
Long time didnt see you in this forum.. So... you are bz preparing urself for the interview...
icic... well.. congrats! you dream is goin to come thru!

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

747
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby 747 » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 2:45 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Guest SIA wrote:I've been for the SIA recruitment and got through the first round and also through the 2nd round and now am a flight steward. For the Ladies, it's kind of difficult getting in because the number of ladies applying is saturating. So, the management has to scrutinise the applicants in terms of height, capability, education qualifications, grooming standards, etc. So, you should develop more on these. This crew job IS a profession as under the job occupation, you're considered a professional. You can work in SIA as a cabin crew for as long as 20 years. After that, maybe as a Cabin crew Management team who flies but checks on the flight attendants instead. So, you are still flying and get paid but in a more higher post. Cabin Crew job is highly valued when entering other professions like nursing, physiotherapy, and other hospitality-related courses. Don't be disheartened ladies. Try to go for any interviews, grab as many as u can. Be it JAL, EK, SIA, or SilkAir, just go for the interview to have a feel of it so as to feel confident. All the best to you ladies and also to all the guys out there, it's Really a High-Flying Job guys, the ladies are Wif you....haha...;)



to each his own. i mean, if you consider being an air steward as a professional job then by all means do so. however, i beg to differ. as a pilot, i have seen the absolute horrendous behaviours of both stewards and stewardesses abroad and i do make an effort to disassociate myself with such acts of debauchery and decadence. truth be said, while on flights, the SIA service is impeccable down to every single crew member but is essentially a mechanized service with nary a touch of genuine hospitality. i have known many stewards/stewardesses on various flights and it is just absolutely shocking how they verbally 'attack' the difficult customers thereafter in the galley or at the hotels thereafter. i mean, if your attitude and discipline is not there in the first place, where then is the service quality that SIA advocates so greatly?

to be considered as a professional, not only must you be professional in the manner you conduct yourself in and out of your job but also have the correct mentality and job discipline that sets you apart from any other employees in other industries. of course, i am sure i come across sweeping in this statement, but i think in general the whole cabin crew needs a good wake up call in the aftermath of our slipping rankings



greetings. i see that a few other pilots are around on this forum...haha. i am just a freshly minted second officer, on his third trip to los angeles...anyway, i have some comments on this 'thorny' issues here at hand. personally, i feel that the cabin crew are rather clique-ish and tend to operate within the confines of their own social circle (stewards, other stewardesses) at STC. No one particularly seems interested in getting to interact with staff in other divisions (eg. flight ops, station managers etc). and so far, as i have seen on overseas trips, these cabin crew are in a world of their own and truth be said, such undesirable activities mentioned are pretty dominant. i think its important applicants to careers as stewards/stewardesses consider about the lifestyles that you would be leading on flights out.

sAsH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Postby sAsH » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 3:23 pm

747 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Guest SIA wrote:I've been for the SIA recruitment and got through the first round and also through the 2nd round and now am a flight steward. For the Ladies, it's kind of difficult getting in because the number of ladies applying is saturating. So, the management has to scrutinise the applicants in terms of height, capability, education qualifications, grooming standards, etc. So, you should develop more on these. This crew job IS a profession as under the job occupation, you're considered a professional. You can work in SIA as a cabin crew for as long as 20 years. After that, maybe as a Cabin crew Management team who flies but checks on the flight attendants instead. So, you are still flying and get paid but in a more higher post. Cabin Crew job is highly valued when entering other professions like nursing, physiotherapy, and other hospitality-related courses. Don't be disheartened ladies. Try to go for any interviews, grab as many as u can. Be it JAL, EK, SIA, or SilkAir, just go for the interview to have a feel of it so as to feel confident. All the best to you ladies and also to all the guys out there, it's Really a High-Flying Job guys, the ladies are Wif you....haha...;)



to each his own. i mean, if you consider being an air steward as a professional job then by all means do so. however, i beg to differ. as a pilot, i have seen the absolute horrendous behaviours of both stewards and stewardesses abroad and i do make an effort to disassociate myself with such acts of debauchery and decadence. truth be said, while on flights, the SIA service is impeccable down to every single crew member but is essentially a mechanized service with nary a touch of genuine hospitality. i have known many stewards/stewardesses on various flights and it is just absolutely shocking how they verbally 'attack' the difficult customers thereafter in the galley or at the hotels thereafter. i mean, if your attitude and discipline is not there in the first place, where then is the service quality that SIA advocates so greatly?

to be considered as a professional, not only must you be professional in the manner you conduct yourself in and out of your job but also have the correct mentality and job discipline that sets you apart from any other employees in other industries. of course, i am sure i come across sweeping in this statement, but i think in general the whole cabin crew needs a good wake up call in the aftermath of our slipping rankings



greetings. i see that a few other pilots are around on this forum...haha. i am just a freshly minted second officer, on his third trip to los angeles...anyway, i have some comments on this 'thorny' issues here at hand. personally, i feel that the cabin crew are rather clique-ish and tend to operate within the confines of their own social circle (stewards, other stewardesses) at STC. No one particularly seems interested in getting to interact with staff in other divisions (eg. flight ops, station managers etc). and so far, as i have seen on overseas trips, these cabin crew are in a world of their own and truth be said, such undesirable activities mentioned are pretty dominant. i think its important applicants to careers as stewards/stewardesses consider about the lifestyles that you would be leading on flights out.


Haha hi 747!
Guess u're B747 trained then? :wink:
Hmm...from ur comments, u would prefer that cabin crew mingle with the tech crew? Well... from what i know, cabin crew doesnt like to interact with tech crew, coz they differ in opinions when @ work. However, u'll be surprised that some stewardesses are dying to get close to the tech crew for obvious reasons! As for the so-called "undesirable activities", i'm sure they dun occur among the cabin crew; tech crew are also involved (with cabin crew).

Happy flying...and discovering! :twisted:

joshua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby joshua » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 7:54 pm

hi there everyone, im joshua and im new here...this is my first time here and i was looking at this forum abt SIA cabin crew and stuff...

well im interested in being an air-steward and i jus read the new reply by a lady regarding new positions for air stewardesses. Well do anyone know if there any recruitment anytime soon for SIA male air stewards? Or for that matter any vacancies for male air stewards in any other airlines?

Your replys would be greatly appreciated and i hope someone can give me an answer over here or on my email. Thx!

Josh

joshua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby joshua » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 7:55 pm

hi there everyone, im joshua and im new here...this is my first time here and i was looking at this forum abt SIA cabin crew and stuff...

well im interested in being an air-steward and i jus read the new reply by a lady regarding new positions for air stewardesses. Well do anyone know if there any recruitment anytime soon for SIA male air stewards? Or for that matter any vacancies for male air stewards in any other airlines?

Your replys would be greatly appreciated and i hope someone can give me an answer over here or on my email. Thx!

Josh

User avatar
abastos
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2005
Location: Singapour

Criteria

Postby abastos » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:27 pm

I am confused whether i can join SIA as a steward with 3A and 1AO? Issit possible? May I know the requirements for the recruitment? I am interested in the selection process. Thank you to anyone who is kind enough to drop an answer for me. Thank you very much.

User avatar
hiccup
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 29 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station
Contact:

Deck & Cabin

Postby hiccup » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 1:04 am

747 wrote:greetings. i see that a few other pilots are around on this forum...haha. i am just a freshly minted second officer, on his third trip to los angeles...anyway, i have some comments on this 'thorny' issues here at hand. personally, i feel that the cabin crew are rather clique-ish and tend to operate within the confines of their own social circle (stewards, other stewardesses) at STC. No one particularly seems interested in getting to interact with staff in other divisions (eg. flight ops, station managers etc). and so far, as i have seen on overseas trips, these cabin crew are in a world of their own and truth be said, such undesirable activities mentioned are pretty dominant. i think its important applicants to careers as stewards/stewardesses consider about the lifestyles that you would be leading on flights out.
Almost airline is the same.

Refer to past messages posted by guests and members. You can see their character clearly.
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

EvanLee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

Postby EvanLee » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 9:26 am

RachelAw wrote:Hi Gals..

Good news for you gals! There will be another recruitment exercise for singaporean stewardess at the end of this month! True! It's real!! My buddy told me, because his sister is working in the HR department at STC. There are currently 2 batches of trainees already. 1 will start end of this month when the latest current batch graduated, then the next batch will start training in November.

For the recruitment this month end, the training class will only start next january if my buddy is not wrong!

So gals, await for the opening at month end and please remember to look out for it in the net or papers, dont miss it again alright!

In the meantime, what i suggest is.... take a nice full lenght pic of yourself...slim down for those who have to.... and do all the prepartion job first! PRepare yourself wll for the interview!

:):):)


Just saw today's TODAY Newspaper Classified Ad. Silkair is recruiting again. Is Silkair and SIA recruitment under the same HR dept?...

Idealist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

Postby Idealist » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:01 am

EvanLee wrote:
RachelAw wrote:Hi Gals..

Good news for you gals! There will be another recruitment exercise for singaporean stewardess at the end of this month! True! It's real!! My buddy told me, because his sister is working in the HR department at STC. There are currently 2 batches of trainees already. 1 will start end of this month when the latest current batch graduated, then the next batch will start training in November.

For the recruitment this month end, the training class will only start next january if my buddy is not wrong!

So gals, await for the opening at month end and please remember to look out for it in the net or papers, dont miss it again alright!

In the meantime, what i suggest is.... take a nice full lenght pic of yourself...slim down for those who have to.... and do all the prepartion job first! PRepare yourself wll for the interview!

:):):)


Just saw today's TODAY Newspaper Classified Ad. Silkair is recruiting again. Is Silkair and SIA recruitment under the same HR dept?...


How much do Silkair crew earn generally? I'm curious since they only do turnaround flights.

EvanLee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

Postby EvanLee » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:25 am

Idealist wrote:
EvanLee wrote:
RachelAw wrote:Hi Gals..

Good news for you gals! There will be another recruitment exercise for singaporean stewardess at the end of this month! True! It's real!! My buddy told me, because his sister is working in the HR department at STC. There are currently 2 batches of trainees already. 1 will start end of this month when the latest current batch graduated, then the next batch will start training in November.

:):):)


Just saw today's TODAY Newspaper Classified Ad. Silkair is recruiting again. Is Silkair and SIA recruitment under the same HR dept?...


How much do Silkair crew earn generally? I'm curious since they only do turnaround flights.


From what I've heard, its around $3k max...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests