Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
MeganL
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2012

Re: SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Postby MeganL » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 5:04 pm

Keith Toh wrote:I see. But just wondering, it is so strange when people said that if u have gapped/crooked teeth, u might even get booted out in round 1 but I managed to pass the round. Maybe I should mention that I will book appointment and put braces/invasilign, cause I think every interviewer will try to make u give up to test your determination and tolerance, maybe? Haha.


Generally, they tend to look at the whole package. Though some may be more detailed. Different interviewers have different assessment standards of the candidates so it really depends largely on whether you have impressed them or not. Not all interviewers are there to test you to make you give up, some are really nice. With that said, it ultimately boils down to your luck :/

What I suggest is that, mention about your intentions of braces/invasilign only if they ask about your teeth. Otherwise, you may come off as unconfident which may affect your chances.

User avatar
Keith Toh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 07 Apr 2014

Re: SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Postby Keith Toh » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 6:06 pm

MeganL wrote:
Keith Toh wrote:I see. But just wondering, it is so strange when people said that if u have gapped/crooked teeth, u might even get booted out in round 1 but I managed to pass the round. Maybe I should mention that I will book appointment and put braces/invasilign, cause I think every interviewer will try to make u give up to test your determination and tolerance, maybe? Haha.


Generally, they tend to look at the whole package. Though some may be more detailed. Different interviewers have different assessment standards of the candidates so it really depends largely on whether you have impressed them or not. Not all interviewers are there to test you to make you give up, some are really nice. With that said, it ultimately boils down to your luck :/

What I suggest is that, mention about your intentions of braces/invasilign only if they ask about your teeth. Otherwise, you may come off as unconfident which may affect your chances.


Oh well. It is true that my luck is ultimately boils down. The interviewer(guy) is quite strict.

Exactly, I should have mentioned it back then but it was too late. The moment he mention about my teeth, I was like too nervous and mind blank. It hits my weakness. Next round I will mention it if only I pass the 1st round again. Haha. Probably he is the one that will try to make people give up.

Whyar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2014

Postby Whyar » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 8:47 pm

Hi, like to check if any Singaporeans went to the walk in interview overseas? Can we walk in overseas interview instead as I happened to be in Indonesia on that day of recruitment .? :)

MeganL
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2012

Postby MeganL » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 9:59 pm

Whyar wrote:Hi, like to check if any Singaporeans went to the walk in interview overseas? Can we walk in overseas interview instead as I happened to be in Indonesia on that day of recruitment .? :)


Hi there. I've never heard of Singaporeans going for the walk in overseas but it's probably not advisable to. I've read a blog entry http://thirsty-thought.blogspot.sg/2013/04/sia-cabin-crew-interview-process.html?m=1 of an Indonesian girl's experiences for her interview in Jakarta and it seems that the overseas stages are slightly different compared to those held in Singapore. Plus their contract procedures are different too. You can tryyy, but they'll probably tell you to attend the walk in back in sg as it'll be easier for them as well.

User avatar
Ceasor
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Ceasor » Tue, 29 Apr 2014 10:04 pm

Whyar wrote:Hi, like to check if any Singaporeans went to the walk in interview overseas? Can we walk in overseas interview instead as I happened to be in Indonesia on that day of recruitment .? :)


They're pretty strict on where you're from and where you're supposed to go for interview. On 15th March there was this GORGEOUS korean lady (i thought she was already an SQ Air Stewardess, or some K-POP Star) but she got sent away because the interview was supposed to be for SG/MY only.

Maybe you wanna try contacting SIA wrt prior to going for an interview overseas?

Whyar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2014

Postby Whyar » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 1:29 am

Whyar wrote:Hi, like to check if any Singaporeans went to the walk in interview overseas? Can we walk in overseas interview instead as I happened to be in Indonesia on that day of recruitment .? :)


Cos my friend went to the KL recruitment n he got in from there. He is a Singaporean too but was 3 years ago ☺ï¸

Kateluna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014

Postby Kateluna » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 1:33 pm

If you are SG/MY nationals, I would recommend you to attend sg interview. They tend to be more lenient/accept more candidates there.

Also since SG conduct regular interviews, they'll prolly ask you to wait for next one in Singapore. Oh and they don't accept male applicants in overseas recruits. Be it you're sg/my, they wont even look at it. Also, overseas recruits normally is so that SIA can have a more diversified crew speakers and make it fair for Indo applicants who cant attend Sg walk-in

Good luck either way :)

User avatar
Wasif Ali
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014

Postby Wasif Ali » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 6:10 pm

Hi guys! I just finished my medical. Just want to know if history of appendicitis will affect my application.

User avatar
Keith Toh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 07 Apr 2014

Postby Keith Toh » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 6:43 pm

Oh btw, does anyone know what is the age limit for male cabin crew? I heard for girls age limit is 28??

mistyng85
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 07 Jul 2013

Postby mistyng85 » Wed, 30 Apr 2014 7:18 pm

Keith Toh wrote:Oh btw, does anyone know what is the age limit for male cabin crew? I heard for girls age limit is 28??


Can i know the limitation for female as well?What i heard was 26,and some said 28. Which shld it be?

User avatar
Ceasor
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Ceasor » Thu, 01 May 2014 10:06 pm

Keith Toh wrote:Oh btw, does anyone know what is the age limit for male cabin crew? I heard for girls age limit is 28??


I'm turning 27 this june, whereas my friend got in at age 30. It's really about how presentable you are :)

bblue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 02 May 2014
Location: Singapore

Migraine History fail medical `

Postby bblue » Fri, 02 May 2014 12:23 pm

I am worried sick about my medical. The doc asked the army for my downpes report and it is due to my history of migraine.

But I havent had it for 5 years . In the form I declared yes for migraine but no attack and mc taken for 5 years.

From what I read , pilots cant have history of migraine. But does that apply to me ? Will I fail my medical ?

User avatar
Wasif Ali
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014

Postby Wasif Ali » Fri, 02 May 2014 2:16 pm

Hi im worried about my medical too. I declared childhood asthma (2004) and appendicitis (2011) but im pes b1L1 tho.

Slapoutxx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 14 Apr 2014

Postby Slapoutxx » Sat, 03 May 2014 12:33 pm

Does anyone know when the next interview will be held?

29lam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 07 Jan 2014

Postby 29lam » Mon, 05 May 2014 1:02 am

Hi peeps, i'm graduating soon and just want to share something awesome with you guys. I am not in anyway linked to this website, just that me and my batch mates find it useful and so here you go:

www.siahairnet.com

it would save you a lot of effort from going down all the way to Sinma to purchase them, trust me. Especially on your first week.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests