Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
MeganL
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2012

Postby MeganL » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 1:20 pm

FluffyPanda wrote:Yea I think its better to attend the next one as well. Don't want to jeopardize your chances and fail the kebaya round when you have come this far. Hopefully your skin will be perfectly smooth by then! =D Same! During the first day skin check, I said the same thing as well. And the lady was really nice as well advising me on how to take care of my skin. I definitely will. Hopefully I can pass it and go on to medical check up which will be the last nerve wrecking round! Thanks! Good luck to you too! =)


That means your review is in July? Yeah I'm scared of medical round too. If everything goes well, highly likely we'll be in the same batch then :D

FluffyPanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 10 Apr 2014

Postby FluffyPanda » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 4:40 pm

MeganL wrote:
FluffyPanda wrote:Yea I think its better to attend the next one as well. Don't want to jeopardize your chances and fail the kebaya round when you have come this far. Hopefully your skin will be perfectly smooth by then! =D Same! During the first day skin check, I said the same thing as well. And the lady was really nice as well advising me on how to take care of my skin. I definitely will. Hopefully I can pass it and go on to medical check up which will be the last nerve wrecking round! Thanks! Good luck to you too! =)


That means your review is in July? Yeah I'm scared of medical round too. If everything goes well, highly likely we'll be in the same batch then :D


No. Mine is on the coming 27th of July. I told the lady that during the first day of the interview at Sheraton. I'm not currently under any treatment now and didn't really want to wait that long so I told her I was able to make it for the coming review. Yea, hope everything goes well for the both of us and do keep each other updated on the review results! =)

FluffyPanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 10 Apr 2014

Postby FluffyPanda » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 5:35 pm

Slapoutxx wrote:Reading all these post's just makes the interview process sound so much scarier! Those with experience could you just advice me if the interviewers are very strict about the skin check? Let's say if i have very visible scars(stitch scars or birthmarks) on the leg would that absolutely kill my chances of getting selected? Though the Kebaya would cover it...


Hey there. Actually its not as scary as it sounds. But just nerve wrecking as you could possibly be eliminated at each round. So just present your best at all times. The interview starts from the moment you enter the hotel. As for skin check, the first round is just a rough check on your face, neck, arms and legs. But your face will be the main focus point as two spot light will be shine straight up to it. The scar on your leg shouldnt be a prob as long its not visible under the light. Put on some concealer if it is. As long u have a nice smile, acceptable skin condition and no visible scars elsewhere, you should be able to pass this round. But for the second round which is the kebaya fitting, they are more particular and strict about every scar. even those that are in the midst of healing and bruises as well. But fortunately for legs, you are allowed to wear stockings when flying. so as long its not protruding out badly or in the area of the leg where it shows when u walk with the kebaya and stockings you should be fine. They are slightly more lenient on that area. =)

koshizuka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 03 Apr 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby koshizuka » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 6:23 pm

I have a huge scar/bruise right below my knee/on my knee :cry: It's been there ever since young, from falling down I think. Do you guys think it's okay since it should be covered by the Kebaya? :?

User avatar
Ceasor
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Ceasor » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 6:34 pm

Slapoutxx wrote:
Thank you so much for your tips!(: How many pple were in line already when u went at 7am?


Humm I went up about 7:45? I was row 6, 5th person. So I'm number 55 :)

MeganL
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2012

Postby MeganL » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:59 am

FluffyPanda wrote:
No. Mine is on the coming 27th of July. I told the lady that during the first day of the interview at Sheraton. I'm not currently under any treatment now and didn't really want to wait that long so I told her I was able to make it for the coming review. Yea, hope everything goes well for the both of us and do keep each other updated on the review results! =)


Ooh, did you mean coming 27th Apr? Hehe. Aww I thought there is a chance that we could be batchmates! Good luck nonetheless!

FluffyPanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 10 Apr 2014

Postby FluffyPanda » Fri, 18 Apr 2014 9:30 am

MeganL wrote:
FluffyPanda wrote:
No. Mine is on the coming 27th of July. I told the lady that during the first day of the interview at Sheraton. I'm not currently under any treatment now and didn't really want to wait that long so I told her I was able to make it for the coming review. Yea, hope everything goes well for the both of us and do keep each other updated on the review results! =)


Ooh, did you mean coming 27th Apr? Hehe. Aww I thought there is a chance that we could be batchmates! Good luck nonetheless!


Yep. There is still a chance depending on the training date we're given. Hehe. Thanks. Good luck to you too! =)

Slapoutxx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 14 Apr 2014

Postby Slapoutxx » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 4:32 pm

koshizuka wrote:I have a huge scar/bruise right below my knee/on my knee :cry: It's been there ever since young, from falling down I think. Do you guys think it's okay since it should be covered by the Kebaya? :?


I too have scars on my leg, but I'm still gonna give the interview a try. After all they are looking for people with the entire package, like the passion to serve etc.. Don't think about it too much, and just go for it!

MeganL
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 25 Sep 2012

Postby MeganL » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 8:39 pm

Slapoutxx wrote:
koshizuka wrote:I have a huge scar/bruise right below my knee/on my knee :cry: It's been there ever since young, from falling down I think. Do you guys think it's okay since it should be covered by the Kebaya? :?


I too have scars on my leg, but I'm still gonna give the interview a try. After all they are looking for people with the entire package, like the passion to serve etc.. Don't think about it too much, and just go for it!


If the scars aren't that obvious(i.e no obvious lump or caved), or just a little discolouration, it should be fine because they can be covered after wearing stockings. But just try to conceal as much as possible because I'm sure you'll want to minimise whatever "imperfections" that they can pick on right? :)
Good luck!

User avatar
Ceasor
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Ceasor » Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:28 am

I got my call from Mary just awhile ago. She'll call me back to confirm my starting date soon!

Jiayou to all the rest of you people!

manythoughts
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2014

Postby manythoughts » Fri, 25 Apr 2014 3:17 pm

Ceasor wrote:I got my call from Mary just awhile ago. She'll call me back to confirm my starting date soon!

Jiayou to all the rest of you people!



Congrats!! Twas a really long wait eh? What a great start to your weekend!

Gist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014

Postby Gist » Fri, 25 Apr 2014 7:33 pm

Hey guys! What did you all wrote for your availability?

User avatar
Keith Toh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 07 Apr 2014

SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Postby Keith Toh » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 3:07 pm

I just went for the interview today and got rejected on the 3rd round (Skin Check) due to my teeth. Well, it really depends on luck. I heard from my friend that some with gapped teeth or crooked teeth got in. Well, looks like the interviewer i got is very strict. But well, it was a nice experience though. shall try it again.

All the best to those who went today.

Best of luck!!!

manythoughts
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2014

Re: SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Postby manythoughts » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 3:41 pm

Keith Toh wrote:I just went for the interview today and got rejected on the 3rd round (Skin Check) due to my teeth. Well, it really depends on luck. I heard from my friend that some with gapped teeth or crooked teeth got in. Well, looks like the interviewer i got is very strict. But well, it was a nice experience though. shall try it again.

All the best to those who went today.

Best of luck!!!


Yea keep trying! For men I suppose it's tougher luck cos it seem to me like it's always the same gentlemen whose doing the skin check from what I observes the last two times I went.

How was the turn up rate today anyway?

Gist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014

Re: SIA Interview on 26th April 2014

Postby Gist » Sat, 26 Apr 2014 4:04 pm

Keith Toh wrote:I just went for the interview today and got rejected on the 3rd round (Skin Check) due to my teeth. Well, it really depends on luck. I heard from my friend that some with gapped teeth or crooked teeth got in. Well, looks like the interviewer i got is very strict. But well, it was a nice experience though. shall try it again.

All the best to those who went today.

Best of luck!!!


I think I met someone called Keith (from Group 2, I think?) today, not sure if you're the one. Similarly got booted out on the Grooming round, I guess I was slouching a little and wasn't smiling brightly. Oh well, let's try harder next time!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests