Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mistyng85
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 07 Jul 2013

Postby mistyng85 » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 6:57 pm

strawberry23 wrote:
raisedbywolves328 wrote:Hey all, first post here, my decision to attend the interview on the 23rd of Nov led me to this thread. Ill be attending for the Malaysian recruitment. Is anyone here going to attend on that date as well?

Got a question, do they have need you to know how to swim? from my general knowledge, usually cabin crews need to fulfill this requirement, am I right?


you don't have to know how to swim.
but you need to be comfortable in the water with life jacket


The reason they asked whether u are able to swim is because swimming will be involve during training with life jacket on. u r also required to jump fr height into the pool:D

kennyl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 26 Oct 2013

Postby kennyl » Sat, 26 Oct 2013 8:20 pm

raisedbywolves328 wrote:Hey all, first post here, my decision to attend the interview on the 23rd of Nov led me to this thread. Ill be attending for the Malaysian recruitment. Is anyone here going to attend on that date as well?

Got a question, do they have need you to know how to swim? from my general knowledge, usually cabin crews need to fulfill this requirement, am I right?


Hi, I am going also :) I'm from KL, are you?

xin1993
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby xin1993 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 2:29 pm

Hello! Is there anyone who has tried a couple of times? I've tried.. 8 times for close to a year but to no avail. :(

Anyway, do you have to declare that you have done lasik before?

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu, 26 Jul 2012

Postby pianoplayer » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 7:26 pm

hey! have tried around six times (already lost count) hahaha
and nope i didnt declare that. :)
xin1993 wrote:Hello! Is there anyone who has tried a couple of times? I've tried.. 8 times for close to a year but to no avail. :(

Anyway, do you have to declare that you have done lasik before?

bongirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 27 Oct 2013

Postby bongirl » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 8:33 pm

nil nil nil
Last edited by bongirl on Mon, 13 Jan 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

xin1993
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby xin1993 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 8:47 pm

pianoplayer wrote:hey! have tried around six times (already lost count) hahaha
and nope i didnt declare that. :)

Thanks for replying! :) I'm sort of relieved to know that I'm not the only one who has tried so many times. Which round did you get booted?
Oh. When did you have lasik? I'm going for lasik this week and I'm thinking if this is important to declare. Will it affect our chances??

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:06 pm

xin1993 wrote:Hello! Is there anyone who has tried a couple of times? I've tried.. 8 times for close to a year but to no avail. :(

Anyway, do you have to declare that you have done lasik before?


Just keep trying... Don't lose hope... :) many people tried for many times before getting in.

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu, 26 Jul 2012

Postby pianoplayer » Tue, 29 Oct 2013 8:55 pm

xin1993 wrote:
pianoplayer wrote:hey! have tried around six times (already lost count) hahaha
and nope i didnt declare that. :)

Thanks for replying! :) I'm sort of relieved to know that I'm not the only one who has tried so many times. Which round did you get booted?
Oh. When did you have lasik? I'm going for lasik this week and I'm thinking if this is important to declare. Will it affect our chances??

only managed to get through to second day interview once, the rest got kicked out in first round. :(
hmm i did mine two years ago. i dont think it will dear!

xin1993
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby xin1993 » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:36 pm

pianoplayer wrote:only managed to get through to second day interview once, the rest got kicked out in first round. :(
hmm i did mine two years ago. i dont think it will dear!

I'm in the same situation too. I got through the first round the first time and I failed to get through the management round at the last interview. Like you, I've failed to pass the first round every other time. I wonder when I'll get into SIA... :(
Ok great! May I ask where you did your lasik? (I know this is not relevant on this thread. Pm me? Thanks!)

Thanks yoyobin for the encouragement! ^^

capricorn18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby capricorn18 » Sat, 02 Nov 2013 11:54 pm

jaywii wrote:
capricorn18 wrote:@jaywii, im supposedly starting on 17th Dec :) from June batch, went for review in August.

anyway i also did a second x ray and i saw that my spine was slanted but I still made it through. so dont worry! if it's nothing life threating/serious, shouldnt be an issue - good luck! ;)


wow. that's long!
your notice period was for how long?


haha when I went in June, i put 6 months because I could only start in Dec! :)

joeyh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 05 Nov 2013

Postby joeyh » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 10:23 am

Hi! Anyone going for the SIA interview this coming 23 November?

gladysl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 12 Sep 2013

Postby gladysl » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 1:38 pm

joeyh wrote:Hi! Anyone going for the SIA interview this coming 23 November?


me (:

joeyh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 05 Nov 2013

Postby joeyh » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 8:26 pm

gladysl wrote:
joeyh wrote:Hi! Anyone going for the SIA interview this coming 23 November?


me (:


Is this your first time going?

chocmelts
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 06 Nov 2013

Postby chocmelts » Wed, 06 Nov 2013 1:31 am

gaTO wrote:
jaywii wrote:
gaTO wrote:
strawberry23 wrote:
gaTO wrote:
ultimatevanilla wrote:
gaTO wrote:i've finally made it.. but last stage, med check..

hoping that i'll pass my med.

guys and girls, those have failed, try again. don't give up.. you all can do it..


Hi gaTO, may I ask how many times did u tried previously?


It was my 3rd try.. i was kinda relax and had that "don't care attitude" when i went for the interview. didn't feel pressured or what to get the job.. but basically u just need to get the interviewer's attention and should be all set to go..

I just got a call from the HR or something saying i'll be starting training early dec..

I hope you will make it through, ultimatevanilla..


When are you starting? We might be batch mates :)


Dec 10. I heard we will be station at one of the hotel near changi for 1 week..


o.o gaTO, are you serious?
who did you hear it from?


i'm not singaporean/pr. A lady called me and say i'm starting training on 10ct and i'll have to be there by 3oct and a twin sharing accommodation is provided for a week. probably for me to source out a place to rent in that short span of time.


I thought they only take in citizens for now? Not even PR.. May I know where are you from?

gladysl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 12 Sep 2013

Postby gladysl » Wed, 06 Nov 2013 8:56 am

joeyh wrote:
gladysl wrote:
joeyh wrote:Hi! Anyone going for the SIA interview this coming 23 November?


me (:


Is this your first time going?


this would be my 2nd time trying. (:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest