Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sugarie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Postby Sugarie » Tue, 17 Sep 2013 9:38 pm

mat2882 wrote:just curious... if i am a crew with other airline, will i get thru the interview easily?


I think very airlines is different and they look for different traits. It puts you into a better position but you are just like anyone without airlines experience in their eyes when you're in the interview.

Met this guy in the interview that works for tiger who tried for SQ for 13 times (still trying) and Silkair who tried a few times to no avail.

mat2882
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 07 Jun 2011

Postby mat2882 » Wed, 18 Sep 2013 2:13 am

icic... thanks for the heads up.. anyone here from any other airline wanting to try sia?

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Wed, 18 Sep 2013 9:02 am

yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


erm. i think you should let her know you haven't hit their target weight yet.
if not later they might KIV or reject you leh.
i'm not sure. but you could try?
the sky is the limit. (:

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Wed, 18 Sep 2013 9:05 am

Sugarie wrote:
mat2882 wrote:just curious... if i am a crew with other airline, will i get thru the interview easily?


I think very airlines is different and they look for different traits. It puts you into a better position but you are just like anyone without airlines experience in their eyes when you're in the interview.

Met this guy in the interview that works for tiger who tried for SQ for 13 times (still trying) and Silkair who tried a few times to no avail.


yeah. i kinda agree.
met a couple from different airlines but didn't manage to get through.
it really depends.
cause they might think that you're from other airlines,
you might have different "cultures" or stuff?
even though you might have the basic knowledge,
they might work differently from what SQ wants.
the sky is the limit. (:

capricorn18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby capricorn18 » Wed, 18 Sep 2013 9:39 pm

yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)

capricorn18
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
Location: Singapore

Postby capricorn18 » Wed, 18 Sep 2013 9:41 pm

Sugarie wrote:I finally got the golden precious call!! (: After miserably waiting for 2 weeks plus..... Heh. Cant wait till the training commence ^^


congrats! when are you starting your training? :) mine's in Dec!

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:08 pm

capricorn18 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)


hmm @yoyobin ! then you should try! haha jiayou babe! :D
but are you super skinny? i think they want minimum BMI 18 is it?
the sky is the limit. (:

Sugarie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Postby Sugarie » Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:07 pm

capricorn18 wrote:
Sugarie wrote:I finally got the golden precious call!! (: After miserably waiting for 2 weeks plus..... Heh. Cant wait till the training commence ^^


congrats! when are you starting your training? :) mine's in Dec!


i'm starting on the mid Nov (: Now just waiting to sign the deed of bond or something like tht

wav35_
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 21 Oct 2011

Postby wav35_ » Fri, 20 Sep 2013 2:46 pm

Sugarie wrote:
mat2882 wrote:just curious... if i am a crew with other airline, will i get thru the interview easily?


Met this guy in the interview that works for tiger who tried for SQ for 13 times (still trying) and Silkair who tried a few times to no avail.


dun think silkair accept guys

Sugarie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Postby Sugarie » Fri, 20 Sep 2013 9:27 pm

wav35_ wrote:
Sugarie wrote:
mat2882 wrote:just curious... if i am a crew with other airline, will i get thru the interview easily?


Met this guy in the interview that works for tiger who tried for SQ for 13 times (still trying) and Silkair who tried a few times to no avail.


dun think silkair accept guys


For Silkair I was referring to another lady.

xtirchaxawissax
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 28 May 2013

Postby xtirchaxawissax » Sat, 21 Sep 2013 5:11 pm

congrats to those who just got their golden call! i'm a trainee also, but its getting closer to graduation now :) see you all at STC!!! welcome to the family! :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 8:54 am

capricorn18 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)


Hi, thanks for your reply! And jaywil too! :):)

So, Capricorn, did you heard of people who have not hit their targeted weight but got thru? Hehe.. Thanks!
Cos mine is 43kg I have to increase to 48kg... Now only 45kg.. Yup, I quite skinny...

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 8:57 am

yoyobin wrote:
capricorn18 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)


Hi, thanks for your reply! And jaywil too! :):)

So, Capricorn, did you heard of people who have not hit their targeted weight but got thru? Hehe.. Thanks!
Cos mine is 43kg I have to increase to 48kg... Now only 45kg.. Yup, I quite skinny...


is it cause you're too tall? haha do you look very skinny in the kebaya?
the sky is the limit. (:

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 1:02 pm

jaywii wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
capricorn18 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)




Hi, thanks for your reply! And jaywil too! :):)

So, Capricorn, did you heard of people who have not hit their targeted weight but got thru? Hehe.. Thanks!
Cos mine is 43kg I have to increase to 48kg... Now only 45kg.. Yup, I quite skinny...


is it cause you're too tall? haha do you look very skinny in the kebaya?



The lady didn't tell me if I looked too skinny or not.. I just do the catwalk... Haha...

But when I step on the scale, she told me I'm too light for my height... I'm 1.62m..

I think I look quite skinny normally. But during Kebaya round.. There's no mirror to look at myself... So I dunno how I look in Kebaya...

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 1:41 pm

yoyobin wrote:
jaywii wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
capricorn18 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hi, ladies here! I just need to ask something about kiv cases..(I'm from the August interview). Lets say I am required to put on another 5kg. However, I have only put on abt 2 kg so far and Mary has asked me to confirm my attendance for the next interview soon... I think I'm able to put on another 1 kg within this 3 weeks.
Hence, just to ask, if its possible to go for the review if I have not hit my targeted weight? But I did increase weight... :):)
Thanks if anyone can advice!


Hey I was from the June interview batch, got KIV too. was asked to lose 2-3kg.. I went for the review in August and got through. the girls who were with me all got through so don't worry!
As long as you gained a little weight and look good in the kebaya, you should be fine - go for it! confirm your attendance :)




Hi, thanks for your reply! And jaywil too! :):)

So, Capricorn, did you heard of people who have not hit their targeted weight but got thru? Hehe.. Thanks!
Cos mine is 43kg I have to increase to 48kg... Now only 45kg.. Yup, I quite skinny...


is it cause you're too tall? haha do you look very skinny in the kebaya?



The lady didn't tell me if I looked too skinny or not.. I just do the catwalk... Haha...

But when I step on the scale, she told me I'm too light for my height... I'm 1.62m..

I think I look quite skinny normally. But during Kebaya round.. There's no mirror to look at myself... So I dunno how I look in Kebaya...


ohh. we're the same height. haha cause your BMI only 16 leh! omg. maybe can try to gain muscles instead, so you will hit the weight requirement without forcing yourself to eat. anw 45kg seems quite alright alr. at least bmi 17 instead of 16. haha jiayou babe! have you replied them if you're going?
the sky is the limit. (:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests