Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wav35_

Postby wav35_ » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:45 pm

mbstrip wrote:Do you mean there were about 900 applicants? That sounds quite a lot!

last year june and aug interviews i believe there were more than 2000 applicants each time. i went at around 9 plus every time and im already in group 80+. and there was still a long queue reaching to the stairs at 1pm. subsequent interviews i dunno cos didnt go.

i think cos its 'graduation' period and last year during then, they havent announced pay cut, streamlining and all the bad press....

wav35_

Postby wav35_ » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:55 pm

snowss wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:
wav35_ wrote:my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?

I believe there were less than 90 groups.

Yes, u r right...in fact there is 82 groups in total. A gal whom i met at the final intv told me as her grp was the last grp of the day..

small turnout + they are in need of crew = lowering standard and taking in people massively

but i think 1st time applicants always stand better chances than repeat applicants.

abit not fair to those 'relatively good ones' who got rejected last time right. :?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Postby jaywii » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:10 am

hi, I would like to ask if I could try out other airlines at the same time while trying at SIA? cause I heard that SIA really doesn't like it when we try out with other airlines.
the sky is the limit. (:

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:22 am

wav35_ wrote:
snowss wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:
wav35_ wrote:my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?

I believe there were less than 90 groups.

Yes, u r right...in fact there is 82 groups in total. A gal whom i met at the final intv told me as her grp was the last grp of the day..

small turnout + they are in need of crew = lowering standard and taking in people massively

but i think 1st time applicants always stand better chances than repeat applicants.

abit not fair to those 'relatively good ones' who got rejected last time right. :?

I dun think they hv lowered their standards & taking pple in massively:-( when i was there on sun for the final intv..there wasnt much pple in for the final intv. much less for the successful ones :(
(=^_^=)

ruthrinlim

Postby ruthrinlim » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:57 am

wav35_ wrote:
mbstrip wrote:Do you mean there were about 900 applicants? That sounds quite a lot!

last year june and aug interviews i believe there were more than 2000 applicants each time. i went at around 9 plus every time and im already in group 80+. and there was still a long queue reaching to the stairs at 1pm. subsequent interviews i dunno cos didnt go.

i think cos its 'graduation' period and last year during then, they havent announced pay cut, streamlining and all the bad press....

Perhaps because it is only limited to Singapore citizens. There were much more people during March's interview when it is open to both Singapore citizens and PR if I am not wrong.

wav35_

Postby wav35_ » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 1:14 am

snowss wrote:I dun think they hv lowered their standards & taking pple in massively:-( when i was there on sun for the final intv..there wasnt much pple in for the final intv. much less for the successful ones :(

i see, there are different time slots but i do hope there is still QC. btw care to share your 2nd day experience?

retrostuff

Postby retrostuff » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 7:23 am

[quote="snowss"][quote="wav35_"][quote="snowss"][quote="ruthrinlim"][quote="wav35_"]my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?[/quote]

I believe there were less than 90 groups.[/quote]

Yes, u r right...in fact there is 82 groups in total. A gal whom i met at the final intv told me as her grp was the last grp of the day..[/quote]

abit not fair to those 'relatively good ones' who got rejected last time right. :?[/quote]

I dun think they hv lowered their standards & taking pple in massively:-( when i was there on sun for the final intv..there wasnt much pple in for the final intv. much less for the successful ones :([/quote]

That's right,sia will nv lower their standard even they are in need of staff,that's explain their frequent hiring process.1000 went interview and filter out may b less than 40 or 50 as e final one. Nevertheless,try again

soggy

Postby soggy » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 4:07 pm

Only a few people made the entire interview process and believe me it was not a very large percentage of the total number of people who went for the interview.

SQ has not lowered its standards in recruitment and I don't think it has reason to at this juncture.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 4:42 pm

wav35_ wrote:
snowss wrote:I dun think they hv lowered their standards & taking pple in massively:-( when i was there on sun for the final intv..there wasnt much pple in for the final intv. much less for the successful ones :(

i see, there are different time slots but i do hope there is still QC. btw care to share your 2nd day experience?

Well i passed the mgmt round but failed the last stage:-(
So near yet so far tat i was so close..nvm work hard again next mth :D
(=^_^=)

retrostuff

Postby retrostuff » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 8:51 pm

[quote="snowss"][quote="wav35_"][quote="snowss"]
I dun think they hv lowered their standards & taking pple in massively:-( when i was there on sun for the final intv..there wasnt much pple in for the final intv. much less for the successful ones :([/quote]

i see, there are different time slots but i do hope there is still QC. btw care to share your 2nd day experience?[/quote]

So near yet so far tat i was so close..nvm work hard again next mth :D[/quote]

Oh, u r si near. Dont give up and do try again! Did they tell u why u failed in e last stage?

rosetulip

Postby rosetulip » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:39 pm

snowss wrote:

did they ask you to come back on the sunday of the next interview or you have to go through the whole interview again? i heard a girl being told to come back again, she was told to clear up some spots on her forehead but she dun have to go through the interview again.

i think i was quite lucky, the lady told me i can slim down more but she's quite pleased overall so i passed the kebaya round. :)

i dunno whether they have lowered their standards cos the first time i tried, i didnt even pass round 1. but i have a girl in the same mgmt round grp as me who has gone thru mgmt round twice in june and dec last year who said she has an impression they did lower their standard. anw she passed mgmt round finally so dun give up gals! for me, after going thru the whole interview, i feel that luck does play a very big part.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:42 am

retrostuff wrote:
snowss wrote:
wav35_ wrote:

Oh, u r si near. Dont give up and do try again! Did they tell u why u failed in e last stage?

For my case i dun even knw if i had failed the kebaya stage or not..coze for my team we had to don the kebaya & see the mgmt round interviewers again..i dun think others grps had tat >_<

for my check at the kebaya, my checker did highlight i had 2 small pimples near my collar. But she did say its nth serious & everything is fine & even said tat she will not b seeing me bck for review. she was like looking at my application form as i state a notice period of 1 mth, & even asked me to take gd care of my skin during tis period b4 i start my training...
She did say tat the kebaya i m wearing is nt mine, next time when i hv mine..the uniform's collar may b even lower than tis , which exposes tat area so i hv to take gd care of my skin..

I hv a feeling she did pass me but i dunno wat happened after tat..

Luck really plays a part..hopefully next mth will b it
(=^_^=)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:58 am

rosetulip wrote:did they ask you to come back on the sunday of the next interview or you have to go through the whole interview again? i heard a girl being told to come back again, she was told to clear up some spots on her forehead but she dun have to go through the interview again.

i think i was quite lucky, the lady told me i can slim down more but she's quite pleased overall so i passed the kebaya round. :)

i dunno whether they have lowered their standards cos the first time i tried, i didnt even pass round 1. but i have a girl in the same mgmt round grp as me who has gone thru mgmt round twice in june and dec last year who said she has an impression they did lower their standard. anw she passed mgmt round finally so dun give up gals! for me, after going thru the whole interview, i feel that luck does play a very big part.

I wished they had asked me to go for review so tat i need nt go thru the whole process again:( my grp had 4 out of 6 who passed the mgmt round, & end up failing as a whole after..none of us was asked to go back for review.
For my case, i failed the mgmt round in Aug last yr..now finally passed the mgmt round but didnt make it thru to the last stage..sobs

I really hope next mth i will b able to pass thru the whole stages to medicals..
The gal u was talking abt who failed mgmt round twice & finally passing it..did she managed to pass everything?
(=^_^=)

mbstrip

Postby mbstrip » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 2:53 pm

snowss wrote:
rosetulip wrote:did they ask you to come back on the sunday of the next interview or you have to go through the whole interview again? i heard a girl being told to come back again, she was told to clear up some spots on her forehead but she dun have to go through the interview again.

I wished they had asked me to go for review so tat i need nt go thru the whole process again:( my grp had 4 out of 6 who passed the mgmt round, & end up failing as a whole after..none of us was asked to go back for review.
For my case, i failed the mgmt round in Aug last yr..now finally passed the mgmt round but didnt make it thru to the last stage..sobs

I really hope next mth i will b able to pass thru the whole stages to medicals..
The gal u was talking abt who failed mgmt round twice & finally passing it..did she managed to pass everything?

Aww that was close. I believe you can make it next month. You should have left enough impression :D

Btw, I haven't tried attending any interview yet but I always think that kebaya round is the scariest. I'm 172-175 and I have this silly paranoia that there will be no kebaya fit me.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 3:02 pm

mbstrip wrote:
snowss wrote:

Aww that was close. I believe you can make it next month. You should have left enough impression :D

Btw, I haven't tried attending any interview yet but I always think that kebaya round is the scariest. I'm 172-175 and I have this silly paranoia that there will be no kebaya fit me.

Yes, hopefully..i was so close :-/ pray tat next mth will b my lucky day..

U can try attending the intv, as there are different sizes for the kebaya..i believe u will b able to fit sth tat fits u. When i tried the kebaya, i happened to take tis skirt which was quite big for me (i m not petite btw..i always tot i was big sized but the skirt was even bigger)
(=^_^=)