Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rosetulip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 01 Jun 2013

Postby rosetulip » Sat, 01 Jun 2013 9:45 pm

hi ppl, anyone went to the interview at concorde today? just to share my experiences, which is quite different from last year. my 2nd time trying, previous time was almost a year ago at sheraton towers.

reached at early 9 plus and was shocked to see that there was not a single soul at the queue. for a moment, i thought i was in the wrong place! rmb my previous time at sheraton at about the same time, the queue was all the way till the taxi stand outside. didnt wait long before round 1. qn was 'whats your fav fruit and why?', interviewers were two guys, one young, one middle-aged. 8 of us got through. i was shocked when the admin lady read out the names (so many of them) and then said those not mentioned, thank you for trying. my previous time at sheraton, i honestly think i was better then but didnt make it. my group even had an ah lian-behaving gal who laughed quite loudly when people were talking and there was a guy who cross his legs and shake his legs while sitting, both got through. the 2 who didnt make it, they were much better than them! not sure what the interviewers are thinking, but a few of us were saying sq must be desperate now and some interviewers are bias. :o

checked certs (the checkers are very grouchy), then went to skin check. lady was quite nice but she said i need to lose abit of weight (i did put on weight as compared to last year) :oops: she asked some qns, checked my face, checked my forehead, checked my neck, checked my arms, asked me to give a wide smile and asked me to turn one round and thats it. i cant tell from her expression whether i make it. while waiting, i saw a few whom i think have very good skin and figures didnt make it (they walked off) whereas some average ones gt brought to another place (assume they make it) so i dunno my chances. in the end the lady called out the names of those who mk it and i was one of them! i think this round can be about whether the checkers like you anot. but quite alot of ppl did make it.

went to 1 to 1 interview. while waiting, i was sitting beside these 2 gals who were bitching about other candidates (about some they think gt fake boobs or did plastic surgery before :?) . really rolled my eyes while waiting, i was thinking sometimes the interviewers cant tell the real sides of ppl if they fake it. anw i was interviewed by this "butch" who was rather unfriendly honestly speaking but i did maintain my cool and smiled at her throughout. she asked why i wanna be a cabin crew, whether i know what problems cabin crew can face, then read a passage and answer the 'scenario question' of the passage. she didnt really place her attention on me so i thought my chances were gone. but in the end i did make it.

everything ended at 11 plus. going to SQ training centre for final round tmr. but dunno why, not exactly as excited as i thought i would be and having some mixed feelings now. :-|

rosetulip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 01 Jun 2013

Postby rosetulip » Sat, 01 Jun 2013 9:54 pm

fft558 wrote:a guy friend asked me whats the average age of male applicants at the interview.

anyone knows?


i think guys come in all ages. some just finish ns, some just complete degree, some already working.

ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 1:49 pm

Any word on the next interview date?

Happyval
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 21 Apr 2013

Postby Happyval » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:20 pm

My guess would be 13th July.

wav35_
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 21 Oct 2011

Postby wav35_ » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:38 pm

my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?

wav35_
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 21 Oct 2011

Postby wav35_ » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:40 pm

Happyval wrote:Hi all, my review would be on coming Sun. Gosh, I'm really stressed abt it. Didnt manage to lose my 5kg still! Just to check with those that have gone for review, do they weigh u before allowing u for Kebaya fitting? Please kindly share the process.. Thanks! (:


so how was your review?

wav35_
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 21 Oct 2011

Postby wav35_ » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:45 pm

rosetulip wrote:reached at early 9 plus and was shocked to see that there was not a single soul at the queue. for a moment, i thought i was in the wrong place! rmb my previous time at sheraton at about the same time, the queue was all the way till the taxi stand outside. didnt wait long before round 1. qn was 'whats your fav fruit and why?', interviewers were two guys, one young, one middle-aged. 8 of us got through. i was shocked when the admin lady read out the names (so many of them) and then said those not mentioned, thank you for trying. my previous time at sheraton, i honestly think i was better then but didnt make it. my group even had an ah lian-behaving gal who laughed quite loudly when people were talking and there was a guy who cross his legs and shake his legs while sitting, both got through. the 2 who didnt make it, they were much better than them! not sure what the interviewers are thinking, but a few of us were saying sq must be desperate now and some interviewers are bias. :o


thats why i think sq interview esp round 1 is all about luck and whether the interviewers you got like you anot.

'suay' for those good ones who went last time but didnt get it. :?

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:32 am

Happyval wrote:Hi mimisue, sorry I can't reply u via pm. Nt enough post. So if they think I'm still meaty, they won't allow me to try the Kebaya?


One chinese lady, tall, short hair, saw that my bottom half was bigger than the other girls so she did the 'no' gesture behind my back. And when I turned ard, she quickly pushed me to look forward. -_- Then I was told that I was unsuccessful. But then I got called back cos I think my wieght was 51kg and near to their standard 50kg and below mark. So maybe thats why I got in eventually? I'm not too sure though. They will allow you to try I think. I was asked to try and they weigh me after.

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:33 am

Anyone starting training in July? Just got a call from Mary saying that my training will start in July instead of Aug! :D Anyone? :)

gaTOI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013

Postby gaTOI » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 2:21 pm

Do you guys know roughly when is the upcoming interview in Malaysia?

ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 3:33 pm

wav35_ wrote:my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?


I believe there were less than 90 groups.

ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:22 pm

Requirements
* Singapore citizen


Interviews will be conducted on 13 July 2013 (Saturday) at:

Concorde Hotel
100 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238840

mbstrip
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2013

Postby mbstrip » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 2:01 pm

ruthrinlim wrote:
wav35_ wrote:my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?


I believe there were less than 90 groups.

Do you mean there were about 900 applicants? That sounds quite a lot!

Unsure2013
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 04 Jun 2013
Location: Spore

Height test

Postby Unsure2013 » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 3:15 pm

Hi. Anyone here went for the June 01 interview? Can I noe how the height and weight check is? Must we touch a blue or red line?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 7:22 pm

ruthrinlim wrote:
wav35_ wrote:my friend went yesterday and said small turnout and 'standard' of people not as good too. his first round including him, 6 out of 10 gt thru.

how come huh? many sporeans dun wanna be crew anymore?


I believe there were less than 90 groups.


Yes, u r right...in fact there is 82 groups in total. A gal whom i met at the final intv told me as her grp was the last grp of the day..
(=^_^=)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests