Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
princessylala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Postby princessylala » Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:20 pm

katy785 wrote:Anyone who passed all rounds for 13 April walk in and went for medical check up heard any news yet? Have they started mailing out rejection letters or called up those who got accepted..? :?

Hi! I just got my acceptance call today!! My training date will be on July!! I went for my medical checkup on Tuesday.

katy785
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Postby katy785 » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:13 am

Wow congrats!!!! What time did they call you? I'm still waiting anxiously! You indicated your availability date as July? :) Were you called up for any second medical retest? :) :D

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 8:52 am

MkG wrote:
Hello, thank you for sharing but 50kg? Wooot? May I know how much is your height? I'm 170 something and there is no way I can reach that good ol' 50 without being malnourished. I hope they stick to BMI 18-22 index (and 25 for guys).
Nonetheless I'm glad to hear they give you a chance. Confratulations and hope everything is okay!


Haha ridiculous right?! I think 50kg for my height, which is 163cm. No no, your height you cannot be 50kg! Aneroxic sia haha.

I think their preferred BMI is < 20. Mine was 19.8 after I lost weight so maybe thats why eventually they accepted me. :)

Most importantly, just be yourself! Be bubbly, positive and don't be the kind of person who says negative things like 'I heard their pay not good also.' after you get rejected. Alot of girls were giving negative responses after they were booted out in the management round. Initially they claimed that its their dream job, but after getting booted, they say all those things. -_-

so goodluck!! You can, you can!!

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 8:58 am

princessylala wrote:
katy785 wrote:Anyone who passed all rounds for 13 April walk in and went for medical check up heard any news yet? Have they started mailing out rejection letters or called up those who got accepted..? :?

Hi! I just got my acceptance call today!! My training date will be on July!! I went for my medical checkup on Tuesday.


Wow congrats!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! ^_^ yay!!

lyvv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Postby lyvv » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 9:00 am

katy785 wrote:Anyone who passed all rounds for 13 April walk in and went for medical check up heard any news yet? Have they started mailing out rejection letters or called up those who got accepted..? :?



Have not received any news as of today.. Perhaps sometime next week?

lyvv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Postby lyvv » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 9:07 am

princessylala wrote:
katy785 wrote:Anyone who passed all rounds for 13 April walk in and went for medical check up heard any news yet? Have they started mailing out rejection letters or called up those who got accepted..? :?

Hi! I just got my acceptance call today!! My training date will be on July!! I went for my medical checkup on Tuesday.



Wow congrats!!! :) now this is getting really nerve wrecking . Hope those who are waiting get a call soon!

princessylala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Postby princessylala » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 9:17 am

katy785 wrote:Wow congrats!!!! What time did they call you? I'm still waiting anxiously! You indicated your availability date as July? :) Were you called up for any second medical retest? :) :D

Hi! Mary called me around 330pm. My friend also got her acceptance call yesterday! :) My availability was June with 1 month notice period. Nope only did my medical check up once.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations! To those waiting for their call, all the best!!! :D

lyvv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Postby lyvv » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 9:25 am

princessylala wrote:
katy785 wrote:Wow congrats!!!! What time did they call you? I'm still waiting anxiously! You indicated your availability date as July? :) Were you called up for any second medical retest? :) :D

Hi! Mary called me around 330pm. My friend also got her acceptance call yesterday! :) My availability was June with 1 month notice period. Nope only did my medical check up once.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations! To those waiting for their call, all the best!!! :D


Thanks for sharing! Did your friend also went on tue for the check up? And your medical went smoothly I suppose? As in without any need to submit additional medical report etc.

princessylala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Postby princessylala » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:08 am

lyvv wrote:
princessylala wrote:
katy785 wrote:Wow congrats!!!! What time did they call you? I'm still waiting anxiously! You indicated your availability date as July? :) Were you called up for any second medical retest? :) :D

Hi! Mary called me around 330pm. My friend also got her acceptance call yesterday! :) My availability was June with 1 month notice period. Nope only did my medical check up once.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations! To those waiting for their call, all the best!!! :D


Thanks for sharing! Did your friend also went on tue for the check up? And your medical went smoothly I suppose? As in without any need to submit additional medical report etc.

Hi, i think my friend went for Monday's checkup.
Yea i assume my medical went smoothly since they did not request for me to undergo anymore check up or submit additional documents!
I did declare my nose allergy though! :/

Dont worry if you are perfectly healthy im sure you will get your call soon!!

lyvv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Postby lyvv » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 7:26 pm

princessylala wrote:
lyvv wrote:
princessylala wrote:
katy785 wrote:Wow congrats!!!! What time did they call you? I'm still waiting anxiously! You indicated your availability date as July? :) Were you called up for any second medical retest? :) :D

Hi! Mary called me around 330pm. My friend also got her acceptance call yesterday! :) My availability was June with 1 month notice period. Nope only did my medical check up once.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations! To those waiting for their call, all the best!!! :D


Thanks for sharing! Did your friend also went on tue for the check up? And your medical went smoothly I suppose? As in without any need to submit additional medical report etc.

Hi, i think my friend went for Monday's checkup.

Yea i assume my medical went smoothly since they did not request for me to undergo anymore check up or submit additional documents!
I did declare my nose allergy though! :/

Dont worry if you are perfectly healthy im sure you will get your call soon!!



Thanks so much for your encouragement :) Congrats again!!!

shinelikeadiamond
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 23 Mar 2013

acceptance call

Postby shinelikeadiamond » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 8:30 pm

will they also email you if they can't reach you on phone?

Happyval
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 21 Apr 2013

Postby Happyval » Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:34 am

I'm 161 and am 54kg. Passed management round on 14/4 but is under kiv. Was told to lose weight to under 50kg too! Boohoo! How do u girls manage to lose 4 kg in 6 weeks?? My review would be in June.

kissmythrone
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 06 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby kissmythrone » Sun, 21 Apr 2013 1:29 am

hey girlies!
was under KIV during the march interview but went for my review last sunday, was told to lose 5kg within a month and i did, got accepted so for those who were told to lose weight, fret not!
they'll probably accept you once you meet the review criteria! ;)

MkG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Postby MkG » Sun, 21 Apr 2013 8:51 pm

Happyval wrote:I'm 161 and am 54kg. Passed management round on 14/4 but is under kiv. Was told to lose weight to under 50kg too! Boohoo! How do u girls manage to lose 4 kg in 6 weeks?? My review would be in June.

Keto diet (no carbs, yeah that means no noodles and dumpling) and workout of your choice. My suggestion would be hot yoga.
And congrats!

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon, 09 Nov 2009
Location: SG

Postby kindaichi1234 » Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:18 am

5 mins to Pasir Ris Mrt, whitesands and Bus interchange.

Room to rent in Pasir Ris st 53!

One room available for renting

Newly Painted and fully Furnished, Fan, Washer, Sofa bed, Wardrobe and Computer desk etcs...

Rent is negotiable. Non-smoker preferred. Strictly NO AGENT.

Strictly for one tenant only! $550 per mth

Interested for viewing pls call

98286601

Prefer working professionals, etc.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest