Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 1:30 am

shinelikeadiamond wrote:I went to the Interview on 26 Feb and i passed all the rounds, however i was KIV as well as i'm told to gain 4-5kg. Anyone here was told to put on weight before?

I've received email for the 2nd review on 14th april. However i've yet to gain the ideal weight they want me to. Gaining weight is so difficult for me :(


What's your BMI?

KIV-Boy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 14 Mar 2013

Postby KIV-Boy » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 1:45 am

My BMI was 27. After losing the weight they require me to, I will be at 25. So far I have managed to shave off 1-2kg, still trying to lose the rest. Prior to the interview, I was trying to put on weight and bulk up.

mimipan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 15 Apr 2012

Postby mimipan » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 5:34 pm

kissmythrone wrote:
shinelikeadiamond wrote:I went to the Interview on 26 Feb and i passed all the rounds, however i was KIV as well as i'm told to gain 4-5kg. Anyone here was told to put on weight before?

I've received email for the 2nd review on 14th april. However i've yet to gain the ideal weight they want me to. Gaining weight is so difficult for me :(


oh man!
when did they email you?
im under KIV too and was told to lose 5kg instead!
wish i could "transfer" the 5kg to you!
hahah!
haven't got the email yet though! :(


same here! i am asked to lose 5kgs or more and my upcoming review is on 14th april as well. :/ still trying to lose weight!

kissmythrone
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 06 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby kissmythrone » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 7:53 pm

mimipan wrote:
same here! i am asked to lose 5kgs or more and my upcoming review is on 14th april as well. :/ still trying to lose weight!


hello mimipan! have you got the email for the review yet? cause i haven't! :(

ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:02 pm

shinelikeadiamond, what's your BMI?

mimipan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 15 Apr 2012

Postby mimipan » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:11 am

kissmythrone wrote:
mimipan wrote:
same here! i am asked to lose 5kgs or more and my upcoming review is on 14th april as well. :/ still trying to lose weight!


hello mimipan! have you got the email for the review yet? cause i haven't! :(


Hey Kissmythrone! i've received a phone call from them to check on my weight loss progress like a week or two prior to the review email sent to me on last wed (20/3).

u were in which walk in? jan or march? im from the jan 26 walk in btw..

kissmythrone
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 06 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby kissmythrone » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:13 am

mimipan wrote:
kissmythrone wrote:
mimipan wrote:
same here! i am asked to lose 5kgs or more and my upcoming review is on 14th april as well. :/ still trying to lose weight!


hello mimipan! have you got the email for the review yet? cause i haven't! :(


Hey Kissmythrone! i've received a phone call from them to check on my weight loss progress like a week or two prior to the review email sent to me on last wed (20/3).

u were in which walk in? jan or march? im from the jan 26 walk in btw..


hello!
oh! i went for the march walk in!!
hopefully they'll call or email me soon!

golden8
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2012

Postby golden8 » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 2:51 am

hypered wrote:Hi everyone!

I recently applied to be a flight steward and made it all the way to medicals. However I received a rejection letter just days after my medical check up. (Dated 15 March, check up was 11 March) I declared quite a bit of childhood illnesses and I was wondering if anyone had been in the same boat but managed to try again?

How long does SIA keep the medical records?


eviloz wrote:I got the same dated letter too! I'm pretty pissed off because I do have a specialist report to be submitted. The report from my specialist will take 2-4weeks to be ready... And this was highlighted to the clinic staff and doctor that reviewed me!

How can they submit the review to SQ when I have pending documents?!
Isn't the review about my CURRENT health status?

I'll be bringing this matter up to the clinic for misinforming SQ about my status and malpractice for handling my review with such poor etiquette!
If need be, I'll get a lawyer.
Especially when my specialist declared me fit for flight duties!
Specialists overrides GPs anytime.


i have the exact same situation as u guys. i went for the interview last year and made it all the way till medicals but got rejected after that. for me i declared that i have a minor fracture surgery done in my childhood but it has since recovered fully long ago. after receiving the letter, i went to get reports from 2 specialists stating that my minor fracture has recovered fully (god it was 10+ years ago) and to certify im fit for flying. submitted the reports to the clinic staff requesting her to show it to the doctor, but im not sure if she did so cos i never hear from anyone again.

i went for another 2 interviews after that and was unable to even get past round 1. not sure if its a ban or just my luck though i think i perform ok. by the way, they will not reveal anything pertaining to your rejection unless its life-threatening (a friend got rejected as she was diagnosed with tuberculosis after the check up and they notify her).

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 7:22 pm

[quote="KIV-Boy"]May I know where you went for your interview? As far as I know, the previous walk-in interview was on the 9th of March. Just wondering if I should be expecting my review interview email as well.



Hi guys!

Well I'm from Republic Poly and I was wondering why I still haven't receive the review email yet.

I went for a walk in interview at my school and got through all 3 rounds(which is the group of 10 answering 1 question, 1-1 interview, and kebaya round). I was told to take better care of my skin cos my forehead was cluttered with little pimples(prolly cos of fyp haha). And told me to lose weight to below 50kg. Sounds really difficult to achieve cos I weighed about 55kg. I'm 163cm tall btw.

Then they emailed me to come on the 10th March 2013 for the final round and I did. I got through the management round smoothly and then came the kebaya round.

When I tried on the kebaya(for the second time of my life), the same lady who checked me during the first kebaya round told me my skin was better but told me that I still needed to lose weight cos I weigh 54kg that day. And then she said that I'll be put on their review list and will email me again on which date to come down to STC in April.

The problem is, I STILL haven't receive any email/call/letters. Should I be worried? :(

Are they waiting for me to get my final school results or something? Cos I'll only get my results on the 4th of April. Someone enlighten me please. Worried sue here :(

Thanks all!

ruthrinlim
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 11 Mar 2013

Postby ruthrinlim » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 1:26 pm

13 April it is!

Interviews will be conducted on 13 April 2013 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road,
Singapore 228230

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/caree ... ointments/

vasilysa
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 13 Jun 2011

Postby vasilysa » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 7:28 pm

mimisue wrote:
KIV-Boy wrote:May I know where you went for your interview? As far as I know, the previous walk-in interview was on the 9th of March. Just wondering if I should be expecting my review interview email as well.



Hi guys!

Well I'm from Republic Poly and I was wondering why I still haven't receive the review email yet.

I went for a walk in interview at my school and got through all 3 rounds(which is the group of 10 answering 1 question, 1-1 interview, and kebaya round). I was told to take better care of my skin cos my forehead was cluttered with little pimples(prolly cos of fyp haha). And told me to lose weight to below 50kg. Sounds really difficult to achieve cos I weighed about 55kg. I'm 163cm tall btw.

Then they emailed me to come on the 10th March 2013 for the final round and I did. I got through the management round smoothly and then came the kebaya round.

When I tried on the kebaya(for the second time of my life), the same lady who checked me during the first kebaya round told me my skin was better but told me that I still needed to lose weight cos I weigh 54kg that day. And then she said that I'll be put on their review list and will email me again on which date to come down to STC in April.

The problem is, I STILL haven't receive any email/call/letters. Should I be worried? :(

Are they waiting for me to get my final school results or something? Cos I'll only get my results on the 4th of April. Someone enlighten me please. Worried sue here :(

Thanks all!


I don't get why they KIV-ed you when you are 54 kg at 163cm. You are well within the BMI.. Did they mentioned that you look disproportion in the uniform?

hypered
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 23 Mar 2013

Postby hypered » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 9:12 pm

Cherryp wrote:Hey Hypered,

I have friends who were in the same situation as you before and sadly, never made it past round 1 again in the interviews after they failed their medical. However, I am unsure if it is still happening. Hope this helps!


By Round 1 do you mean Day 1? Or the very first round itself. How would they know from the first round whether you had tried before and got rejected at medicals? Haha because from what I saw, its just forming up in groups of 10 and sending you in.

golden8 wrote:i have the exact same situation as u guys. i went for the interview last year and made it all the way till medicals but got rejected after that. for me i declared that i have a minor fracture surgery done in my childhood but it has since recovered fully long ago. after receiving the letter, i went to get reports from 2 specialists stating that my minor fracture has recovered fully (god it was 10+ years ago) and to certify im fit for flying. submitted the reports to the clinic staff requesting her to show it to the doctor, but im not sure if she did so cos i never hear from anyone again.

i went for another 2 interviews after that and was unable to even get past round 1. not sure if its a ban or just my luck though i think i perform ok. by the way, they will not reveal anything pertaining to your rejection unless its life-threatening (a friend got rejected as she was diagnosed with tuberculosis after the check up and they notify her).!


They told me I am welcome to try again and that they didnt specifically indicate in the letter it was medical reasons I was rejected, but reason is confidential.

Just wanted to check here if anyone knows of people rejected after Medical rounds and still got in in the months to come by trying again.

mimisue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Postby mimisue » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:23 pm

vasilysa wrote:
mimisue wrote:
KIV-Boy wrote:May I know where you went for your interview? As far as I know, the previous walk-in interview was on the 9th of March. Just wondering if I should be expecting my review interview email as well.



Hi guys!

Well I'm from Republic Poly and I was wondering why I still haven't receive the review email yet.

I went for a walk in interview at my school and got through all 3 rounds(which is the group of 10 answering 1 question, 1-1 interview, and kebaya round). I was told to take better care of my skin cos my forehead was cluttered with little pimples(prolly cos of fyp haha). And told me to lose weight to below 50kg. Sounds really difficult to achieve cos I weighed about 55kg. I'm 163cm tall btw.

Then they emailed me to come on the 10th March 2013 for the final round and I did. I got through the management round smoothly and then came the kebaya round.

When I tried on the kebaya(for the second time of my life), the same lady who checked me during the first kebaya round told me my skin was better but told me that I still needed to lose weight cos I weigh 54kg that day. And then she said that I'll be put on their review list and will email me again on which date to come down to STC in April.

The problem is, I STILL haven't receive any email/call/letters. Should I be worried? :(

Are they waiting for me to get my final school results or something? Cos I'll only get my results on the 4th of April. Someone enlighten me please. Worried sue here :(

Thanks all!


I don't get why they KIV-ed you when you are 54 kg at 163cm. You are well within the BMI.. Did they mentioned that you look disproportion in the uniform?



Hello! Thanks for replying :) Anyway, I think its because my torso is small but my bottom half is bigger although I have long legs. I have wide hips. Or maybe because I was put in a group of girls who are smaller? Cos most of them were told to gain weight while only I was told to lose them. I currently weigh 53kg so... TRYING VERY HARD! Hehe

Cherryp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 13 Aug 2009

Postby Cherryp » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 3:59 pm

Hi again, Hypered.

I was referring to round 1. After my friends failed medical, they tried the interview a few more times again but never made through the mass introduction stage. I really do not know if they were just plain unlucky or the management do keep records.

Good luck to you, and don't give up!

pastapasta
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu, 14 Mar 2013

Postby pastapasta » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 5:54 pm

Should a guy wear a blazer to the interview?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests