Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
daenrys
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 30 Jan 2013

Postby daenrys » Sat, 02 Feb 2013 1:19 pm

[quote="everything"]They have started calling people up to inform them of their confirnation![/quote]

that's great! congrats on getting in (: did you state your availibility as immediate?

frued
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2012
Location: SG

Postby frued » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 3:38 pm

@dapple i don't think they'll judge because ultimately they are still looking at your highest qualification, which is Diploma.. But I'm not sure if they'll let you through the qualifications check stage. :???:

@justlikeso
Yea sure! but we'll have to check our timeslots first yeah! Hopefully we're designated around the same time!:)

mastera7x
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 01 Jun 2008

Re: certificate

Postby mastera7x » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 7:17 pm

dapplee wrote:hi guys! i'm rather new in this forum! i've an enquiry to ask...

i'm graduating soon, my exams end on the 26th of feb, and the interview is 9 of march. And i believe my results is not gonna any time before 9 of march. Is there any way that i can tell the person who checks my cert that after i got it from my school then i hand it over to them at a later time?

thanks!!



this is what I experienced....

the guy (who was in my group and he is the only one who got thru with me to the skin test..) showed the Scrutiner his certs.. and he told them that he just completed his private dip at MDIS and yet to have a cert... straight away the Scrutiner asked for the next available cert which he has is the NITEC cert... )

so yea...

i over heard cos he was just next table to me... and the Scrutiner converse across with his colleague... and they mentioned to take the next eligible cert if that course which u just completed and yet to have the cert is not with you yet...


get what im trying to say??

haha

mastera7x
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 01 Jun 2008

Postby mastera7x » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 7:21 pm

so on february the SQ interview is only catered for TP students and alumni?

I'm so disappointed in every attempt. Tried to contact every airlines... none get thru...

and no replies.. haiz.


I'm an SP alumni.. just wondering when will they drop by in SP to conduct an interview.. :(

haiz.

justlikeso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 01 Feb 2013

Postby justlikeso » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 12:40 am

frued wrote:@dapple i don't think they'll judge because ultimately they are still looking at your highest qualification, which is Diploma.. But I'm not sure if they'll let you through the qualifications check stage. :???:

@justlikeso
Yea sure! but we'll have to check our timeslots first yeah! Hopefully we're designated around the same time!:)


Sure! Hope on that day we're group into the same slot. It's kinda intimidating to go for it alone hahaha!

dapplee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 01 Feb 2013

Postby dapplee » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:24 am

@mastera7x ohh! so there will be a chance of me getting thru ya? :? i'm confused!! :(

@justlikeso if o levels cert is okay, i would like to try! i'm also quite nervous for the interview!!! i will get quite tensed up and dk what to say!!

hanpie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 31 Jan 2013

Postby hanpie » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:53 am

mastera7x wrote:so on february the SQ interview is only catered for TP students and alumni?

I'm so disappointed in every attempt. Tried to contact every airlines... none get thru...

and no replies.. haiz.


I'm an SP alumni.. just wondering when will they drop by in SP to conduct an interview.. :(

haiz.


Really? you mean the 9th of March is not for the public??

jaywii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 31 Dec 2012

Postby jaywii » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 4:53 pm

hanpie wrote:
mastera7x wrote:so on february the SQ interview is only catered for TP students and alumni?

I'm so disappointed in every attempt. Tried to contact every airlines... none get thru...

and no replies.. haiz.


I'm an SP alumni.. just wondering when will they drop by in SP to conduct an interview.. :(

haiz.


Really? you mean the 9th of March is not for the public??


it should be open to public on 9 march cause its stated on the website leh
the sky is the limit. (:

frued
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2012
Location: SG

Postby frued » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 9:18 pm

@jaywii @hanpie
Mmm if you read again, mastera7x meant the feb one, which is the career fair conducted in TP:)

And i just confirmed that the one in TP is for current/ graduated TP students only, because we have to declare that we are current/ graduated students in the online form they sent us to apply for an interview slot :)

justlikeso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 01 Feb 2013

Postby justlikeso » Wed, 06 Feb 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone know what's the dress code? Does it have to be formal like skirt suit? Or can I just wear a semi formal dress?

frued
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon, 08 Oct 2012
Location: SG

Postby frued » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 9:36 am

@justlikeso
Skirt suit is not required during walk in so I think it's even more not required at a school recruitment. A semi formal dress is fine dear!:)

xin1993
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby xin1993 » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 6:35 pm

Hi! Can those who went for their schools' SIA recruitments share their experience? You guys're lucky to have this chance! I study at a private school so there's no way that SIA is holding a recruitment there. Thanks a lot! Can't wait to go for next month's public recruitment!

rurik0
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat, 13 Jan 2007

returning crew

Postby rurik0 » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:13 pm

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to ask.
I joined SIA from 2007 - 2010 and left to pursue my degree.
I am interested in getting back to SIA and wanna know the procedures to do so.
Also is there a cutoff age as I'm 26 this year T_T

Thanks in advance!!!

Shuin
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 04 Aug 2012

Postby Shuin » Thu, 14 Feb 2013 1:19 am

Hi everyone, just wish to confirm with you people. this coming interview on 9th March is open for Singaporean and Malaysian only, so I'm guessing other nationalities will not be able to participate in this coming interview??

xin1993
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby xin1993 » Thu, 14 Feb 2013 8:48 am

Shuin wrote:Hi everyone, just wish to confirm with you people. this coming interview on 9th March is open for Singaporean and Malaysian only, so I'm guessing other nationalities will not be able to participate in this coming interview??


Yes. The SIA website states,
"Requirements (for Singaporeans and Malaysians only)***"
"***For other nationalities, please refer to the other sections for the requirements and our recruitment exercises conducted in your respective countries."

You can find the information here:
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/caree ... ointments/


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests