Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Fri, 18 May 2012 11:43 pm

abilgal wrote:@whitepetals Yup that kinda answered my question:) thank you! But can I just ask another qn? Lets say if i've alr served my bond(15 mth) for 12 mths, can quit 3 mths afterwards(but still working in Silkair), can I still try for SIA walk in?


im really not sure bt tt leh. because thats still working for MI. my fren quit MI before trying for sq.. nt sre whether she tried during her notice period or after she stoped working fo them entirely..

sorry cant help much on that!

masqueradedoll
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 19 May 2012

Postby masqueradedoll » Sat, 19 May 2012 1:22 am

I m new here. I really wanna try for SIA interview but I m to scared.
I don't have a O level cert but I have a diploma in make up artistry and
have 5 years of working experience. They didn't state if the diploma holder need to be in specific field. Some say go for it but some say not related. Anyone care to give me some suggestion?:)

everything
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 26 Sep 2010

Postby everything » Sat, 19 May 2012 10:26 am

did anyone go down today? how's the successful rate?

yhy89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 17 Jan 2012

Postby yhy89 » Sat, 19 May 2012 5:08 pm

Any Malaysian batch 31/12 here? =)
looking for batch mate PM mua please.

bloopblooop
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 18 May 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby bloopblooop » Sat, 19 May 2012 5:33 pm

everything wrote:did anyone go down today? how's the successful rate?


went down just now. got kicked out at 1 to 1.. today seems alot of ppl got through to round 3. lesser people as compared to last month's walk in.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Sat, 19 May 2012 8:42 pm

yhy89 wrote:Any Malaysian batch 31/12 here? =)
looking for batch mate PM mua please.


Wow.. That's really fast.. 31/12 le. Anyway congrats and enjoy yourself in training!! Welcome to the family!! :)

masqueradedoll
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 19 May 2012

Postby masqueradedoll » Sat, 19 May 2012 11:53 pm

Anyone care to answer my questions?

Nevergiveup
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby Nevergiveup » Sun, 20 May 2012 12:25 am

yhy89 wrote:Any Malaysian batch 31/12 here? =)
looking for batch mate PM mua please.


How do you know your batch number? O.O

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Sun, 20 May 2012 2:36 pm

masqueradedoll wrote:I m new here. I really wanna try for SIA interview but I m to scared.
I don't have a O level cert but I have a diploma in make up artistry and
have 5 years of working experience. They didn't state if the diploma holder need to be in specific field. Some say go for it but some say not related. Anyone care to give me some suggestion?:)


yes u r right they didnt specify which field of studies your diploma should be from so.. why don't you just go for it? then you will know your answer. if you don't go and try, you will never know.. so whats there to fear. your biggest hurdle is your own worries.. don't let things that hasn't even happen affect/determine what you can achieve. not related so what? i have a diploma in business IT.. is it related? some of us have 5 gce o levels.. is it related? you having working experience.. that is something good and related cos you have experience with people!

don't let all your thoughts worry you too much. sometimes its these thoughts that prevent you from getting to where you want to be. don't doubt anymore, go for the next interview, and get your questions answered! :) good luck to you!

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby ToffeeJellyBeans » Sun, 20 May 2012 8:19 pm

Hello everyone!
I went through the finals today but at kebaya round, they didn't likethe way I look in kebaya :( But the interview lady told me to come back for a review in July.
Has anyone been through a review before? Will we need to go through a final interview again?
Please share your experience! Thank you!
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

tomandjerryonwards
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2012

Postby tomandjerryonwards » Sun, 20 May 2012 9:01 pm

I was briefed that basic salary will be at 1.3K and I was wondering is that the real basic salary or the training allowance because to be honest, it is quite low.

Any ideas?

Also any ideas on approximately around how much for allowances?

candiesboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed, 15 Nov 2006
Location: SG

Postby candiesboy » Sun, 20 May 2012 11:44 pm

whitepetals wrote:
abilgal wrote:@whitepetals Yup that kinda answered my question:) thank you! But can I just ask another qn? Lets say if i've alr served my bond(15 mth) for 12 mths, can quit 3 mths afterwards(but still working in Silkair), can I still try for SIA walk in?


im really not sure bt tt leh. because thats still working for MI. my fren quit MI before trying for sq.. nt sre whether she tried during her notice period or after she stoped working fo them entirely..

sorry cant help much on that!


i dont think they will accept your diploma. its not about the field we study, its about the diploma isit recognized in our education system. My friend has a Diploma in hairstyling but it is not recognized in education field hence, they ask her to go home. It's only accepted in fashion industry. Unless your diploma are those business admin, HR kinda then they accept. Also, it must be from recognized institute.

masqueradedoll
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 19 May 2012

Postby masqueradedoll » Sun, 20 May 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks for the reply whitepetals. I m going to give it a try but first I need be prepare. I easily get inferior by other girls.

Nevergiveup
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby Nevergiveup » Mon, 21 May 2012 4:33 pm

ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:Hello everyone!
I went through the finals today but at kebaya round, they didn't likethe way I look in kebaya :( But the interview lady told me to come back for a review in July.
Has anyone been through a review before? Will we need to go through a final interview again?
Please share your experience! Thank you!


From what I know, you dont have to go through the management round again when you go back for your review. You will be kept under the KIV list. It might be due to you are slightly too chubby or too skinny which makes them think that you dont look good while wearing the kebaya. You might want to lose some weight or put on some weight before you go back for the review.

Dont worry too much! Kebaya is the last round. Gogogogo!

Nevergiveup
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby Nevergiveup » Mon, 21 May 2012 4:35 pm

tomandjerryonwards wrote:I was briefed that basic salary will be at 1.3K and I was wondering is that the real basic salary or the training allowance because to be honest, it is quite low.

Any ideas?

Also any ideas on approximately around how much for allowances?


$1.3k++ is the basic and why SIA cabin crew are getting more than $3k monthly is because of the flying allowance etc. During training, you will only get your basic salary which is $1.3k++. When you start flying, you will get all the allowance which adds up to more than $3k monthly.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest