Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Raindrops

Postby Raindrops » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:45 am

Hey gals!

Qatar Airways is recruiting! On Saturday's papers (Recruit Section). Interview will b on 9 Sept... Just in case u interested...

Guest

qatar airways

Postby Guest » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 4:41 pm

thx! 9th sept is a fri...

i came across many negative feedbacks on qatar airways on a forum for experienced cabin crew.. they said that there is a curfew in the hostel for cabin crews.. and they have to flew non-stop on long haul flights for many hours, one after another without rest...

Jer

Re: qatar airways

Postby Jer » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 5:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:thx! 9th sept is a fri...

i came across many negative feedbacks on qatar airways on a forum for experienced cabin crew.. they said that there is a curfew in the hostel for cabin crews.. and they have to flew non-stop on long haul flights for many hours, one after another without rest...


Hi Guest, which forum did you learn this from? I would like to find out more....

shan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 18 Jun 2005
Contact:

Postby shan » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 6:07 pm

Fly non stop? So does it mean a higher basic pay and better allowances?

jas

SIA's interview in malaysia

Postby jas » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 7:33 pm

Hi, anyone here got an invitation for 11th sept from SIA? Plz share here. Thx a million. :)

Guest

Postby Guest » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 8:45 pm

Raindrops wrote:
solucky wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Ms G wrote:
Anonymous wrote:anyone who is 157 went for the silkair interview?Did u manage to clear the height thingy?


Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D


What a waste! u shd have gone for the interview without yur sister, i am sure she hopes u can get in too!


The indian lady measured me 156 but allowed me to try anyway. Strange. Anyway, ive got the invitation for next interview. Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.


Damn! I should have gone to try also....i'm 29.... *sigh*


as long as u are under age 30, u still can apply for the position of air stewardess...

Guest

Re: SIA's interview in malaysia

Postby Guest » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:02 pm

jas wrote:Hi, anyone here got an invitation for 11th sept from SIA? Plz share here. Thx a million. :)


Is SIA still conducting interview for the previous batch of singaporean who applied?

lynnn

Re: SIA's interview in malaysia

Postby lynnn » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:
jas wrote:Hi, anyone here got an invitation for 11th sept from SIA? Plz share here. Thx a million. :)


Is SIA still conducting interview for the previous batch of singaporean who applied?


this round of interview is for malaysians...think it is held in K.L

jas

Postby jas » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:25 pm

i think so, i'm from malaysia, but i'm working in sg now.

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 1:20 am

anyone knows the website of SASS??

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 2:09 am

Raindrops wrote:Hey gals!

Qatar Airways is recruiting! On Saturday's papers (Recruit Section). Interview will b on 9 Sept... Just in case u interested...




hi,which page of recruit?I cant seem to find it

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 2:34 am

why don't they have the itnerview on sat instead.I have to work on fri!

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 7:01 am

Ms G wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
solucky wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Ms G wrote:
Anonymous wrote:anyone who is 157 went for the silkair interview?Did u manage to clear the height thingy?


Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D


What a waste! u shd have gone for the interview without yur sister, i am sure she hopes u can get in too!


The indian lady measured me 156 but allowed me to try anyway. Strange. Anyway, ive got the invitation for next interview. Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.


Just to let u guys know, during the 3rd interview, they will measure ur height again & when they found that u r below 1.58, they'll still eventually eliminate u..nevertheless, u guys can still try ur luck~all the best..



Hi all, I know of someone who's working as a flight attendant with silkair and she's prob b/w 156-157cm. I guess it all boils down to how much the interviewers like you. All the best ya, girls!


yah.. i belive the latter is true.. in fact, i know some SQ gals who are 156cm only. :)

Guest

Re: okies

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 7:14 am

curiousgirl wrote:
FAwannabe wrote:
curiousgirl wrote:
reena wrote:hi FAWANNABE...sure i will update you..i heared 18th Sept but not confirmed..in pan pac jb...how come didnt make it throught the finals...haiyahhh..anyways hope we will get to go together...see ya... :idea:


Hi Reena,
I had went for the recent interview in sg, but didnt make it through, and was told to wait 6 mths. Do u think it will be alrite to go to that in jb n not waiting 6 mths? Thanks


Hey, Ive found 3 frns whos gonna give it a go without waiting. We actly trying to find one more to share cab.. limited resources u know.. financial constraints. :) Let me know if you're interested.


Sorry, thats from me.
I am interested. Can i join?? As long as its alrite to do it. I dont want to be blacklist by them.


Of cos u can join. Do u have yahoo messenger? Can I have ur addy please?

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 8:44 am

i also cannot find the page for qatar airways


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests