Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
abilgal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat, 31 Dec 2011

Postby abilgal » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 3:17 pm

Hi ToffeeJellyBeans,

Me too, i've been trying for the interview consistently since Dec 2011, for like 4 times already. The furthest i've been was 1-1 round for two times:( Hi everyone. I don't think they keep a record of people who keeps trying, too many to keep updating and checking that they don't care. I think you should still keep trying for every recruitment, cuz every interview is a chance that you might get in. I went to the interview despite a severe gastric but i didn't regret.

But i suddenly feel like trying for silk air/scoot... any opinions?

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Postby fauzjay » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 5:51 pm

abilgal wrote:Hi ToffeeJellyBeans,

Me too, i've been trying for the interview consistently since Dec 2011, for like 4 times already. The furthest i've been was 1-1 round for two times:( Hi everyone. I don't think they keep a record of people who keeps trying, too many to keep updating and checking that they don't care. I think you should still keep trying for every recruitment, cuz every interview is a chance that you might get in. I went to the interview despite a severe gastric but i didn't regret.

But i suddenly feel like trying for silk air/scoot... any opinions?


Try Scoot and Jetstar! they're hiring now! and is it true SQ got intvw again on July? thats what the guy told me.

mimipan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 15 Apr 2012

Postby mimipan » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 6:25 pm

fauzjay wrote:
abilgal wrote:Hi ToffeeJellyBeans,

Me too, i've been trying for the interview consistently since Dec 2011, for like 4 times already. The furthest i've been was 1-1 round for two times:( Hi everyone. I don't think they keep a record of people who keeps trying, too many to keep updating and checking that they don't care. I think you should still keep trying for every recruitment, cuz every interview is a chance that you might get in. I went to the interview despite a severe gastric but i didn't regret.

But i suddenly feel like trying for silk air/scoot... any opinions?


Try Scoot and Jetstar! they're hiring now! and is it true SQ got intvw again on July? thats what the guy told me.


I've tried twice in aug & dec 2010 and was booted out after 1st round. :( guess i wasnt confident enough. But my friend in SQ told me he had this batch mate that tried 9x before getting in. So IMO, its 70% luck, 30% effort. Keep trying if its your dream.. Don't give up!

I heard the next round is 19th May.. July is way too long but my braces should be off by then!

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby ToffeeJellyBeans » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Abilgal,
I really admire your determination for attending despite a gastric pain!
And Fauzjay, may i know for Jetstar, being based in singapore means we only fly Australia flights?
Mimipan, keep up the spirits. I tried Silkair X 1, Emirates X 1 and SIA X 7 times!

But i get stuck when the interviewers asked me why i tried so many times but was unsucessful, they asked what did i think was the problem. Gosh.

Can i know if you guys write all the dates of recruitment day that you have attended on the application form? Because i did and i think it made me look very desperate. Lol. I tried EVERY SINGLE RECRUITMENT since July 2011!
Thanks!
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

abilgal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat, 31 Dec 2011

Postby abilgal » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:52 pm

I think i might be trying for silkair! haven't tried before. How is their interview compared to SIA? And the turn out?
Haha i didn't write all the dates on my application form, i only wrote like one date or sth, also not enough space.

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Postby fauzjay » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:50 am

mimipan wrote:
fauzjay wrote:
me00w wrote:
fauzjay wrote:To those who's booted out, there is another one in July! Keep a look out! :)ne


How do you know it'll be in July? Arghhh so far away! I got kicked out at skin check just now :(. How did you do??


Because i asked the guy, he said theres another recruitment drive in July. I got booted out on the skin check too. Its really stupid to me. Lol. Nvm. I'll bombard them again with super flawless skin! Haha!




the registration lady said that the next walk in would be on 19th May at Suntec :)


May? Ok. Same procedure is it like the one in Sheraton? Im going again then! Anyone???

abilgal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat, 31 Dec 2011

Postby abilgal » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 1:23 pm

Yup same procedure. I am going again too! But not pinning high hopes. it really depends on luck!

retrostuff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011

Interview in may

Postby retrostuff » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 4:36 pm

Interviews will be conducted on 19 May 2012 (Saturday) at:
Suntec City Convention Centre
Level 3, 
1 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039593

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:19 pm

ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:Hi Abilgal,
I really admire your determination for attending despite a gastric pain!
And Fauzjay, may i know for Jetstar, being based in singapore means we only fly Australia flights?
Mimipan, keep up the spirits. I tried Silkair X 1, Emirates X 1 and SIA X 7 times!

But i get stuck when the interviewers asked me why i tried so many times but was unsucessful, they asked what did i think was the problem. Gosh.

Can i know if you guys write all the dates of recruitment day that you have attended on the application form? Because i did and i think it made me look very desperate. Lol. I tried EVERY SINGLE RECRUITMENT since July 2011!
Thanks!


Do you mean they actually know how many times you have been to?? Omg...

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:29 pm

mimipan wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hey ladies out there!! You guys have have any recommendation to which dermotologist you guys goes to?? Well, although i have not much acne issue... my skin is uneven due to oil clogs etc when i put on make up... :(

Those girls in my group have such perfect skin!!! Well, i want to do something with my skin before trying for the next interview..


DRx Clinic or Maple Clinic but be prepared to fork out at least 200-300 for the 1st visit and medication/products.

anyway i was late and they closed the registration way too early! *pouts*


Thanks mimipan!!! Btw, u have braces on too?? I wonder if they will let us go through with braces or not...

mimipan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 15 Apr 2012

Postby mimipan » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:26 am

yoyobin wrote:
mimipan wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Hey ladies out there!! You guys have have any recommendation to which dermotologist you guys goes to?? Well, although i have not much acne issue... my skin is uneven due to oil clogs etc when i put on make up... :(

Those girls in my group have such perfect skin!!! Well, i want to do something with my skin before trying for the next interview..


DRx Clinic or Maple Clinic but be prepared to fork out at least 200-300 for the 1st visit and medication/products.

anyway i was late and they closed the registration way too early! *pouts*


Thanks mimipan!!! Btw, u have braces on too?? I wonder if they will let us go through with braces or not...


@yoyobin; My pleasure :) yup i still have them on and there's still some gap. i think my orthodontist lied to me. he said i could get them off in june!! :P I'm unsure if they allow us to go thru the interview cos i haven't braces when i went the last 2 times in 2010.. but i'm still gonna give the May walk in a try. p.s/ how long more for u to remove ur braces?

@toffeejellybeans ; thanks! i guess u shouldn't write the # of tries on the employment form the next round. just take each interview is to gain experience, hence i think you should evaluate ur previous interviews and find out what went wrong exactly so you wont repeat the same mistakes in the next interview.. :)

Good luck & all the best to those who are giving your best shot in the coming walk in! :D

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Re: Interview in may

Postby fauzjay » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 3:32 am

retrostuff wrote:Interviews will be conducted on 19 May 2012 (Saturday) at:
Suntec City Convention Centre
Level 3, 
1 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039593
O
Ok! Great! Im going! Anyone?? :)

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Re: Interview in may

Postby fauzjay » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 3:33 am

retrostuff wrote:Interviews will be conducted on 19 May 2012 (Saturday) at:
Suntec City Convention Centre
Level 3, 
1 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039593
O
Ok! Great! Im going! Anyone?? :)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:17 am

good morning everybody.. may i share my opinion? :)

its good if u wanna do something bout ur skin.. really good but to be honest thats not everything and its not true that SQ crew have flawless skin. we are human too. so i would advise on preparing urself for things like what u wanna say.. how u will answer the qns.. ur confidence, poise, tone, and your smile.. on top of that very important to really find out about this job because as fun and glamourous it may seem.. but just like any other job.. it has its downsides too. i believe most us here would know that the first 2 years is a bond and the amount is not small.. so u wont wanna dive into a job without thinking and get yourself stuck for next 2 years.. most important is u must like and enjoy ur job. if u don whats the point of seeing the world.. i feel beyond seeing the world one should really give deep consideration of whether he/she can enjoy the JOB itself. very very important. cos if u can do it well u will definitely enjoy the travelling benefits of this job..

i flew for a year with another airline before joining SIA.. so to those of u considering another airline.. why not? having said all that.. i love SIA (not to sound politically correct pls don get me wrong) and definitely its one of the best companies around to work in considering the amount of development one can achieve with company's support through courses and training. in conclusion.. do keep trying and dont give up!! :D all the best everyone and hope to see you on board! :) :)

singaporeexpat7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby singaporeexpat7 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 1:31 pm

You mean you people actually spend money on a derm in order to get a low-class waitressing gig where people look at you like you are trash? That's really extremely funny. :lol:

Low class service trash, waitress, and toilet cleaner, janitor and porter in one. :lol:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests