Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
glitterbabyG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby glitterbabyG » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:31 am

anybody else with call or letter?

abilgal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat, 31 Dec 2011

Postby abilgal » Wed, 07 Mar 2012 9:32 pm

Hi, im 20 this year, deciding between pursuing my degree or joining SIA. What i really want is SIA though, so even after i graduated with a deg, i'm still gonna try for SIA. and if i don't like the job, at least i can still find other jobs since i have academic qualifications. Or do you guys think i should just try to get into SIA with my diploma, and not go for uni?

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

SIA Interview 14 April 2012

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:30 am

Anyone going for this interview?

Cherryp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 13 Aug 2009

Postby Cherryp » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 4:56 pm

abilgal wrote:Hi, im 20 this year, deciding between pursuing my degree or joining SIA. What i really want is SIA though, so even after i graduated with a deg, i'm still gonna try for SIA. and if i don't like the job, at least i can still find other jobs since i have academic qualifications. Or do you guys think i should just try to get into SIA with my diploma, and not go for uni?


Hi Abilgal, I think you have done a good thing in leveraging out your options between school or trying out for the job. I personally feel you should continue with your studies first, then try out for SQ after you have your qualifications. It is good to have a qualification to fall back on, in any scenario.

Like you, I was contemplating between SQ or my university qualifications 3 years ago.. And now that I have gotten my degree, I am ready to try out for the position of CC now! It helped that I did part time work in the customer service line in a country club throughout my university days [it allowed me to experience the various good/bad aspects of customer service], and that gave me ample time/exposure before finally deciding that I do enjoy working in the hospitality line!

Many may think that being 23 and above is considered old to fly, but I beg to differ. I have friends who are above 24 and just started flying, so do not worry too much about the age situation.

Good luck!

shiniestar
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 17 Feb 2008

Postby shiniestar » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 9:31 pm

Cherryp wrote:
abilgal wrote:Hi, im 20 this year, deciding between pursuing my degree or joining SIA. What i really want is SIA though, so even after i graduated with a deg, i'm still gonna try for SIA. and if i don't like the job, at least i can still find other jobs since i have academic qualifications. Or do you guys think i should just try to get into SIA with my diploma, and not go for uni?


Hi Abilgal, I think you have done a good thing in leveraging out your options between school or trying out for the job. I personally feel you should continue with your studies first, then try out for SQ after you have your qualifications. It is good to have a qualification to fall back on, in any scenario.

Like you, I was contemplating between SQ or my university qualifications 3 years ago.. And now that I have gotten my degree, I am ready to try out for the position of CC now! It helped that I did part time work in the customer service line in a country club throughout my university days [it allowed me to experience the various good/bad aspects of customer service], and that gave me ample time/exposure before finally deciding that I do enjoy working in the hospitality line!

Many may think that being 23 and above is considered old to fly, but I beg to differ. I have friends who are above 24 and just started flying, so do not worry too much about the age situation.

Good luck!


haha.. i guess it depends on how old when u graduate? i just graduated and turned 24 this year and i doubt i will be as lucky as @cherryp's friend to be selected after one try (i assume).. else imagine me still trying at the age of 26 or worst 27 competing with those 20 years old.. lolx.. anyway think on the brighter side?? if you can get in with your diploma on the first try then just go for it?? cuz will u be as lucky to be selected next time (when u graduated) if u reject the offer now?? anyway i think 2 years is nothing when u look at your long term career journey 30 or 40 years down the road.. but i do agree with @cherryp.. it's good to have a qualification to fall back on!! however the choice is always yours and good luck :]

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu, 31 Jul 2008

Postby dannyooi_84 » Sun, 11 Mar 2012 9:02 pm

shiniestar wrote:
Cherryp wrote:
abilgal wrote:Hi, im 20 this year, deciding between pursuing my degree or joining SIA. What i really want is SIA though, so even after i graduated with a deg, i'm still gonna try for SIA. and if i don't like the job, at least i can still find other jobs since i have academic qualifications. Or do you guys think i should just try to get into SIA with my diploma, and not go for uni?


Hi Abilgal, I think you have done a good thing in leveraging out your options between school or trying out for the job. I personally feel you should continue with your studies first, then try out for SQ after you have your qualifications. It is good to have a qualification to fall back on, in any scenario.

Like you, I was contemplating between SQ or my university qualifications 3 years ago.. And now that I have gotten my degree, I am ready to try out for the position of CC now! It helped that I did part time work in the customer service line in a country club throughout my university days [it allowed me to experience the various good/bad aspects of customer service], and that gave me ample time/exposure before finally deciding that I do enjoy working in the hospitality line!

Many may think that being 23 and above is considered old to fly, but I beg to differ. I have friends who are above 24 and just started flying, so do not worry too much about the age situation.

Good luck!


haha.. i guess it depends on how old when u graduate? i just graduated and turned 24 this year and i doubt i will be as lucky as @cherryp's friend to be selected after one try (i assume).. else imagine me still trying at the age of 26 or worst 27 competing with those 20 years old.. lolx.. anyway think on the brighter side?? if you can get in with your diploma on the first try then just go for it?? cuz will u be as lucky to be selected next time (when u graduated) if u reject the offer now?? anyway i think 2 years is nothing when u look at your long term career journey 30 or 40 years down the road.. but i do agree with @cherryp.. it's good to have a qualification to fall back on!! however the choice is always yours and good luck :]


All the best for the coming interview...don't worry about age, my gf at age 26 only joined SQ. It is how you carry yourself in the interview that's the most important thing.

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 10 May 2010

Postby rampalicious87 » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 1:00 pm

Any updates so far?

SimplyMe86
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2012

Postby SimplyMe86 » Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:54 pm

dere wrote:
shiniestar wrote:
dere wrote:
shiniestar wrote:@dere, so how many people sharing kristine pdf?


I am not too sure. Who is interested? Besides shiniestar.


How about glitterbabyg and quaint?
Anybody else want to share?
I think it's pretty worth if there is 5 people sharing cuz it only cost 10 bucks each..
Even better if more want to share..
Imagine buying a hope for the price of a Mac extra value meal.. Lolx..
Please leave a comment if interested so we can get it done and prepare for the next interview in apr :]


Yup, anyone wanna share? I have 2 pax so far! :) Do let me know!

P.S: If you email me, let me know in forum. Sometimes it goes into the junk mail. :P So sorry about that!


Hey im interested in sharing..is it too late =x

mimi_mulisha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2012

Newbie!!!

Postby mimi_mulisha » Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:02 pm

Hey hey. im quite new here. i am just wondering who is going for SIA interview on 14th apr? :) :) :)

nemome
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2012

Postby nemome » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:34 pm

Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!

SimplyMe86
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2012

Postby SimplyMe86 » Sat, 17 Mar 2012 9:59 pm

nemome wrote:Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!


Hi there!! I'm interested! Count me in!

nemome
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2012

Postby nemome » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:54 am

SimplyMe86 wrote:
nemome wrote:Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!


Hi there!! I'm interested! Count me in!


Do you want to share it with anyone? But if you want it for yourself, let me know too! haha

SimplyMe86
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2012

Postby SimplyMe86 » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:30 pm

nemome wrote:
SimplyMe86 wrote:
nemome wrote:Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!


Hi there!! I'm interested! Count me in!


Do you want to share it with anyone? But if you want it for yourself, let me know too! haha


Hey..it will be better if we can share eh? But u would be closing the deal at mth end?

SimplyMe86
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2012

Postby SimplyMe86 » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:32 pm

Anyway is it good? Hee what does it cover?

nemome
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 21 Feb 2012

Postby nemome » Sun, 18 Mar 2012 6:33 pm

SimplyMe86 wrote:
nemome wrote:
SimplyMe86 wrote:
nemome wrote:Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!


Hi there!! I'm interested! Count me in!


Do you want to share it with anyone? But if you want it for yourself, let me know too! haha


Hey..it will be better if we can share eh? But u would be closing the deal at mth end?


Haha i think you got it wrong. I am offering my Cabin Crew Secrets i bought from Kristen and am offering anyone who wants to get it! You might want to ask around this forum if anyone is interested?

Hehe


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests