Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Re: 7 Jan 12 interview

Postby ahdick9 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:40 am

yoyobin wrote:
Elev_lim wrote:Not even able to get thru Round 1! So sad!


Me too!! so sad!!!!

Btw, why sometimes they will keep our applications forms, sometimes they don't? got any reason??


I think it depends on which round you get through or rejected...

kylie_nicole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 07 Dec 2011

Re: Feb 1st Training Anyone?

Postby kylie_nicole » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 4:46 am

hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:
hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:
hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:Hi there.. Just to check.. anyone here who is starting training on Feb 1st? Have you got the dates to sign the bond?
. I'm starting on the same date. Nope..not yet too.



This long waits are just nervewrecking :???:


Did you send by normal or registered mail? :) Update me when you get any news ya.


Normal mail lol.. Yourself? Sure.. will update you once I get it.. Hope you get it soon as well..


Same here. Thanks! I'm just afraid the mail might be lost. But since you have not get any reply too I think everything is alright.


The mailing part is very confusing, we are only supposed to mail 2 copies back right?

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Re: Feb 1st Training Anyone?

Postby ahdick9 » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 8:31 am

kylie_nicole wrote:
hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:
hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:
hellokiki wrote:
dylan20 wrote:Hi there.. Just to check.. anyone here who is starting training on Feb 1st? Have you got the dates to sign the bond?
. I'm starting on the same date. Nope..not yet too.



This long waits are just nervewrecking :???:


Did you send by normal or registered mail? :) Update me when you get any news ya.


Normal mail lol.. Yourself? Sure.. will update you once I get it.. Hope you get it soon as well..


Same here. Thanks! I'm just afraid the mail might be lost. But since you have not get any reply too I think everything is alright.


The mailing part is very confusing, we are only supposed to mail 2 copies back right?


How many copies did you receive?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 1:04 pm

hello there :)

for the mailing part..the letter of offer with the original copy (beige paper with the coloured letterhead) is for u to keep. the photocopied version of that.. sign 2nd page n send back. the staff regulation copy sign on every page and the last page fill up the particulars.. both copies are the same. jus send back either one tgt with ur letter of offer.

hope that helps! :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Re: 7 Jan 12 interview

Postby yoyobin » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 2:09 pm

ahdick9 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
Elev_lim wrote:Not even able to get thru Round 1! So sad!


Me too!! so sad!!!!

Btw, why sometimes they will keep our applications forms, sometimes they don't? got any reason??


I think it depends on which round you get through or rejected...


huh?? why is this so??

yoyobin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011

Postby yoyobin » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 9:56 pm

Hmmm, I wonder when will the next interview be. Btw what are ur questions for round 1? Mine is what would you like to do for fun?

Kolol Nimadus Husta
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 28 Aug 2011

Postby Kolol Nimadus Husta » Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:01 pm

Hi Guyz , For my 1st interview , the question was - Who would you go out to eat with for your last meal ?

I juz answered my Best Friend and stuff ....

bellarini
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012
Location: Singapore

SIA Interview - 07 January

Postby bellarini » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 2:08 am

Hi all, I'm new here.

Anyway i went for the 7th Jan interview and cleared almost all rounds:
(1) Round 1
(2) Height & Cert Checks
(3) Skin Check
(4) 1-to-1 Interview
(5) Management Round

During my last round which is the Kebaya Round, i was informed that i've been put on KIV. I assumed that i don't look that good in kebaya because the lady informed me to slim down abit. I have to email them once i've slim down. They assured me that i do not have to go through the interview rounds all over again. The review interview will just be a Kebaya Round for me. And they also claimed that they will give me a call upon receiving my email to inform me of my review date. So right now, it's like i'm hanging with no solid answer on how high are my chances right now.

Anyone experience this before?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 2:38 am

Kolol Nimadus Husta wrote:Hi Guyz , For my 1st interview , the question was - Who would you go out to eat with for your last meal ?

I juz answered my Best Friend and stuff ....



I would have thought that they were looking to see you demonstrate some imagination and flair, a worldview beyond the drones template 'friends, food and shopping' box.

Off the top of my head I'd have picked one of say, The Queen, King Bhumipol, Margaret Thatcher, Henry Kissinger, or Lemmy of Motorhead, or Angus Young of ACDC. For any of them I would have immediate and honest reasons that I could happily discuss for 10 minutes without taking a breath.

If you took the question in a strictly literal sense I think you perhaps missed the point of it of it being asked. But either way, your answer will have revealed what they were looking for.

wyattboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby wyattboy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:07 am

Hey guys. I'm new here too. I went for the interview on 7 Jan but rejected after first round. Can't help but feel disappointed.

My question was The happiest day of your life.

And my answer was my commissioning as commander during NS. I guess that was not good enough.

I wonder when will be the next round of interview.

wyattboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby wyattboy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:27 am

Hey guys. I'm new here too. I went for the interview on 7 Jan but rejected after first round. Can't help but feel disappointed.

My question was The happiest day of your life.

And my answer was my commissioning as commander during NS. I guess that was not good enough.

I wonder when will be the next round of interview.

GClover
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 08 Jan 2012

Re: SIA Interview - 07 January

Postby GClover » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:03 am

bellarini wrote:Hi all, I'm new here.

Anyway i went for the 7th Jan interview and cleared almost all rounds:
(1) Round 1
(2) Height & Cert Checks
(3) Skin Check
(4) 1-to-1 Interview
(5) Management Round

During my last round which is the Kebaya Round, i was informed that i've been put on KIV. I assumed that i don't look that good in kebaya because the lady informed me to slim down abit. I have to email them once i've slim down. They assured me that i do not have to go through the interview rounds all over again. The review interview will just be a Kebaya Round for me. And they also claimed that they will give me a call upon receiving my email to inform me of my review date. So right now, it's like i'm hanging with no solid answer on how high are my chances right now.

Anyone experience this before?


Hi Bellarini,

I passed all interviews including medical for 3th Dec interview. During the kebaya stage, there is a girl who was ask to come back for review after 1 month due to her skin complexion. She too like you need not go through all stages.

So keep your spirits up cos it all means u still have a very high chance if you get to achieve what they want you to. However, don't get too obsessed becos health is still the most impt. Jiayou!

Nevergiveup
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 09 Jan 2012

Postby Nevergiveup » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:17 am

Hi, am new here. Went for the interview over the weekends but was booted out of the management round on sunday. Pretty depressing but will try again next month. :)

Since i have been visiting this forum every now and then, i think i should post my ecperience here.

Round 1: Self-intro. I got the question: What's your favourite sports? I guess my question was relatively essy as compared to the questions mentioned above.

Round 2: Skin check, cert check. There will be two small spotlights hanging above you but dont worry, just keep smiling and interact with the interviewer.

Round 3: 1 on 1. Passage reading and once again, just be yourself and interact with the interview. Keep smiling!!! :)

Round 4 (management round): Held at STC. I think i gave the wrong explanation when the interviewer asked about the core values of SIA. Oh well.....

I think the rounds are rather easy. Just be yourself really. Cant wait for the next one to come. :)

Denny
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 24 Dec 2010

Postby Denny » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:13 pm

Interviews will be conducted on 11 February 2012 (Saturday) at:

Suntec City Convention Centre
Level 3 Meeting Rooms
1 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039593

dylan20
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 26 Dec 2011

Postby dylan20 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 12:46 pm

Wah.. every month now got interview.. seems like they really need people..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests