Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
travelerpalm
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby travelerpalm » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 6:57 pm

Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!

kokopuffs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 18 Dec 2011

Postby kokopuffs » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:09 am

Silent10 wrote:Hello, may i know that sia got reach test when you didnt meet the height requirement on stage 2. Coz i like 156/157 only. Please advice. Thanks you.


for the last walk-in we did the reach test first. then i think they measured the height of ppl who are border line. cos i noticed that girls who are abt >163 didn't have to get their height measured.

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 1:32 am

travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Silent10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 03 Dec 2011

Postby Silent10 » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:58 am

kokopuffs wrote:
Silent10 wrote:Hello, may i know that sia got reach test when you didnt meet the height requirement on stage 2. Coz i like 156/157 only. Please advice. Thanks you.


for the last walk-in we did the reach test first. then i think they measured the height of ppl who are border line. cos i noticed that girls who are abt >163 didn't have to get their height measured.


So u mean if i can reach the test but below 158, can i still get in? Thanks

travelerpalm
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby travelerpalm » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:02 pm

[quote="ahdick9"][quote="travelerpalm"]Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!![/quote]

Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.[/quote]

Which letter you referring to ? If you mean the rejection letter , then as far as I know one of my friend received it last Friday and he is from the dec batch .

facade
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby facade » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 9:23 pm

travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.


Which letter you referring to ? If you mean the rejection letter , then as far as I know one of my friend received it last Friday and he is from the dec batch .
. Ur fren was rejected due to medical conditions or are there other reasons?

kokopuffs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 18 Dec 2011

Postby kokopuffs » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 9:44 pm

Silent10 wrote:
kokopuffs wrote:
Silent10 wrote:Hello, may i know that sia got reach test when you didnt meet the height requirement on stage 2. Coz i like 156/157 only. Please advice. Thanks you.


for the last walk-in we did the reach test first. then i think they measured the height of ppl who are border line. cos i noticed that girls who are abt >163 didn't have to get their height measured.


So u mean if i can reach the test but below 158, can i still get in? Thanks


Hmm if you seem to reach the line easily then maybe they won't take your height? But I guess it really depends on whether the person feels that you're at the min req. Just go ahead and try for the walk-in anyway :)

travelerpalm
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby travelerpalm » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 9:47 pm

facade wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.


Which letter you referring to ? If you mean the rejection letter , then as far as I know one of my friend received it last Friday and he is from the dec batch .
. Ur fren was rejected due to medical conditions or are there other reasons?


Ya . Considered medical history . Kinda complicated actually .

vasilysa
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 13 Jun 2011

Postby vasilysa » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:17 pm

kokopuffs wrote:
haha okay thank you :) i can only start in feb. T_T


haha i can only start in march. maybe we'll see each other around stc then :)

Silent10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 03 Dec 2011

Postby Silent10 » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:45 pm

kokopuffs wrote:
Silent10 wrote:
kokopuffs wrote:
Silent10 wrote:Hello, may i know that sia got reach test when you didnt meet the height requirement on stage 2. Coz i like 156/157 only. Please advice. Thanks you.


for the last walk-in we did the reach test first. then i think they measured the height of ppl who are border line. cos i noticed that girls who are abt >163 didn't have to get their height measured.


So u mean if i can reach the test but below 158, can i still get in? Thanks


Hmm if you seem to reach the line easily then maybe they won't take your height? But I guess it really depends on whether the person feels that you're at the min req. Just go ahead and try for the walk-in anyway :)


Thanks for ur info. 1 more question, is there any spot light when taking a skin check?? 

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:58 pm

travelerpalm wrote:
facade wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.


Which letter you referring to ? If you mean the rejection letter , then as far as I know one of my friend received it last Friday and he is from the dec batch .
. Ur fren was rejected due to medical conditions or are there other reasons?


Ya . Considered medical history . Kinda complicated actually .

Have you all heard of cases such as high blood pressure during the interview? How will tht affect the chances of getting through medical? Any inputs for these?

vasilysa
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 13 Jun 2011

Postby vasilysa » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:24 pm

i believe spot light depends on where they hold the interview. i had mine at suntec and there was no reach test. for skin check, we were asked to stand under a spot light.

high blood pressure will affect.. they will give you chances to test again but if you still have hbp you will be rejected

ikip84
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby ikip84 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:32 am

ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

dot wish to get a letter cause the only letter they sent out is rejection letter. be happy if they dint call you after two weeks cause you most probably got the job and just wish for the best.
thalia

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 2:16 am

ikip84 wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
travelerpalm wrote:Hi everyone , am new here, till today i haven't receive any call from SIA!! argh!!


Can I even that the letters have yet to be sent out? I dun think anyone from the Dec cohort got the letters yet.. Any reason anyone know why?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

dot wish to get a letter cause the only letter they sent out is rejection letter. be happy if they dint call you after two weeks cause you most probably got the job and just wish for the best.


Any reason why you say that its good to be happy if they didnt call you after two weeks?

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 2:17 am

kokopuffs wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
excepchanel wrote:jus wondering has SIA finalised all the candidates for the 4th Dec batch since they have come up w a new recruitment drive..
I hope not since many of us here have not receive the call nor "letter".. :roll:


if you're rejected, the letter should come 1 - 2 weeks after your medical. the call will take longer if you availability is longer :) i only got my call on the 16th nov when i went for the interview on 1st oct


hi vasilysa! i've backtracked this thread for a bit and i've noticed that you're availability date was like 6 months? so they'll contact you approx a month after the medical? i'm wondering cos my availability date is in a few months time, and i read somewhere that they'll contact you only ard a month before your available date. just a week odd of waiting and i'm alr so anxious lol :???:


Anyone here know how long do KIV candidates have to wait before receiving any call or mail?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests