Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paeyilin

Re: Medical checkup

Post by Paeyilin » Sun, 11 Dec 2011 4:26 pm

punchmyface wrote:
Paeyilin wrote:I need to go for a extra X-ray test for my spine.
I declared it in the form. I have mild curved spine. Paid 160 for it.

Will it be okie? Worried.
Hey there when u went for ur medical? Monday or Tuesday? $160 is a lot !
I went down on Mon. Yup expensive but I don't have a choice.

Silent10

Post by Silent10 » Sun, 11 Dec 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks vivien. Let me know if you in, okay (:

Paeyilin

Re: Anxiously waiting

Post by Paeyilin » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:32 am

kylie_nicole wrote:
Paeyilin wrote:my fren who has the same notice date got called up already, however she do not need do extra tests.

But i'm not called up yet! Is it becos of my extra spine xray? I went to take the xray outside, the doctor informed me that the degree of curvature is abt 5 degrees.

Still waiting for the call anxiously.
i'm in the exact same situation as you! :(
Hey kylie_nicole,

U received the call alr?

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:12 pm

Silent10 wrote:Thanks vivien. Let me know if you in, okay (:
yep i'll let you know, i'm going for another round of interview on friday, it's for PR, will tell you how it goes :)

vizard

Post by vizard » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 1:10 pm

Has anyone who gt accepted has received their email?

kylie_nicole

Post by kylie_nicole » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 3:02 pm

Paeyilin wrote:
kylie_nicole wrote:
Paeyilin wrote:my fren who has the same notice date got called up already, however she do not need do extra tests.

But i'm not called up yet! Is it becos of my extra spine xray? I went to take the xray outside, the doctor informed me that the degree of curvature is abt 5 degrees.

Still waiting for the call anxiously.
i'm in the exact same situation as you! :(
Hey kylie_nicole,

U received the call alr?
Nope anxiously waiting everyday. Really hope I'm in.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 3:24 pm

vizard wrote:Has anyone who gt accepted has received their email?
which email wre u referring to? ive got the call n Mary has alr emailed me some stuff.. nothing much just to say to wait for letter to be sent to my home via post.. and wait to sign deed lo.

i know the wait sucks but be patient!! :) its gonna be alright! :)

Paeyilin

Post by Paeyilin » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 3:43 pm

kylie_nicole wrote:
Paeyilin wrote:
kylie_nicole wrote: i'm in the exact same situation as you! :(
Hey kylie_nicole,

U received the call alr?
Nope anxiously waiting everyday. Really hope I'm in.
me too! hope we'll get the call soon yah?

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 8:06 pm

Vivien Z wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Ohh, okok, was quite dissapointed when was booted out. This was my 1st attempt.

So, for the 1st and 2nd, you were booted out in which round?? I think it's really very competitive. Like have to go thru every stage successfullly. I find it quite a pity if pple are booted out in stage 5/6, it's like all your effort wasted etc... :( My friend was booted out at stage 3, it was very dissapointing for her too. But no matter what, don't give up :)
dun worry if you dun get selected doesn't mean you are not good. this time it's really tough, i heard there were 2000+ ppl and they only pick like 100? around there?

beginning of the year to mid year should be easier i think, you still got a lot of chances. i was thinking if i dun pass this time i still got another chance in feb next year before my graduation.

for skin check i heard it's by professional beautician, so if you are not confident about it you can ask a beautician what you can do about it, pimple and outbreak aren't a major thing. you'll still pass
Thanks, vivien, congrats on getting in. :) I'll be trying again i guess... Btw, how the management and 1-1 like?? issit very difficult?

And for the kebaya part, are they really very particular in figure?? Like must be Slim, not too thin or fat, looks really good in it etcc.....

gwyenth

Post by gwyenth » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 9:19 pm

yoyobin wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Ohh, okok, was quite dissapointed when was booted out. This was my 1st attempt.

So, for the 1st and 2nd, you were booted out in which round?? I think it's really very competitive. Like have to go thru every stage successfullly. I find it quite a pity if pple are booted out in stage 5/6, it's like all your effort wasted etc... :( My friend was booted out at stage 3, it was very dissapointing for her too. But no matter what, don't give up :)
dun worry if you dun get selected doesn't mean you are not good. this time it's really tough, i heard there were 2000+ ppl and they only pick like 100? around there?

beginning of the year to mid year should be easier i think, you still got a lot of chances. i was thinking if i dun pass this time i still got another chance in feb next year before my graduation.

for skin check i heard it's by professional beautician, so if you are not confident about it you can ask a beautician what you can do about it, pimple and outbreak aren't a major thing. you'll still pass
Thanks, vivien, congrats on getting in. :) I'll be trying again i guess... Btw, how the management and 1-1 like?? issit very difficult?

And for the kebaya part, are they really very particular in figure?? Like must be Slim, not too thin or fat, looks really good in it etcc.....
Actually you don't need to be too slim. My BMI is 17.2 and I was actually asked to put on weight during the kebaya fitting. SIA don't look for stick thin models, and I do have a little of meat as compare to those models, and they thinks that I'm too thin. :)

vizard

Post by vizard » Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:17 pm

whitepetals wrote:
vizard wrote:Has anyone who gt accepted has received their email?
which email wre u referring to? ive got the call n Mary has alr emailed me some stuff.. nothing much just to say to wait for letter to be sent to my home via post.. and wait to sign deed lo.

i know the wait sucks but be patient!! :) its gonna be alright! :)
yup thats the email i am referring to..hmm me and my friend have not received it. Did it say when the letter will be sent to your home?

excepchanel

Post by excepchanel » Tue, 13 Dec 2011 1:28 pm

w0ahmissy wrote:Hi all!

I went for my medical checkup on the 6th and was asked to return for another urine test because unfortunately my aunty came on that very same day. Will my chances be slimmer because I was called back for another retest?

I see so many of you already having your confirmation and I'm still not completed with my body checkup! BOOHOO!
same here!
btw did anyone receive any calls from shenton asking how many medical leaves u take for menstrual cramps? i got a call yesterday after i left the place. :???:

m0nkey
Regular
Regular

Post by m0nkey » Wed, 14 Dec 2011 8:56 am

any one have idea that "does PR can join for SIA walk in?" cuz their webbie stated as per below..

"Cabin Crew (Singapore)
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardesses/Stewards in Singapore. If you meet the following requirements, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements (for Singaporeans and Malaysians)"

candybear

hair colour

Post by candybear » Wed, 14 Dec 2011 4:12 pm

Are we suppose to dye our hair to dark brown/black the moment we start our training?

candybear

Post by candybear » Wed, 14 Dec 2011 4:30 pm

m0nkey wrote:any one have idea that "does PR can join for SIA walk in?" cuz their webbie stated as per below..

"Cabin Crew (Singapore)
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardesses/Stewards in Singapore. If you meet the following requirements, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements (for Singaporeans and Malaysians)"
yes, you can.