Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vizard
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011

Postby vizard » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 7:43 pm

my fern who is a guy got the email to go down to SIA on 9 Dec to sign le..we went down for the medical together on Monday but yet he received email and i have not..i guess i was not selected or my email and hp i gave wrongly..really stressed..

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 9:34 pm

Vivien Z wrote:
Thank you Abercrombie, I think i understand what you mean, i'll get the chance and give it a try before i get married, it had been my dream job since young. i guess once i get married and pregnant this career would end already. haha, for now, just wish me luck :D

oh ya! just one last qn, do we pay for the hotel overseas?


You do not pay for hotel room oversea, your monthly pay is also not enough to cover the room charges.....

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 9:39 pm

vizard wrote:my fern who is a guy got the email to go down to SIA on 9 Dec to sign le..we went down for the medical together on Monday but yet he received email and i have not..i guess i was not selected or my email and hp i gave wrongly..really stressed..


Does he have the same start date as you? Those who can start first will get the call first. There are 3 category after your interview namely: Accepted, KIV, Rejected. You might be in the KIV group which are the reserve pool ? Don't think you will give wrong contact details as that is a very big mistake to make.

Vivien Z
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 18 Oct 2011

Postby Vivien Z » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:31 am

Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Heyheys!!! Are you in grp 53 in round 1?? I got that toilet question too. But i was booted out during the skin check.

wow, lucky you. congrats.


nah i was really late, i was in 96. I didn't go through the kebaya test, my friend did. i'm a singapore PR they go by nationality... so i was chucked to another day again, waiting for their call when the chinese supervisor come to SG. really wonder why they do that. not that i have any contact in my home country anyway. left with kebaya test and medical check now


Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u??
Hope u can get through.


I'm china born, i heard that a few years back for taiwanese and japanese they only fly lines from their base countries, dunno whether it's the same for
chinese, but also dunno whether it changed the policy. i'm gonna ask and
tell you later on if i pass :)


Wow, u very lucky! Dont worry, just wait for the call for medical check up.
May i know how old are u?? And how u answer the first round quest about
cleaning toilet?? Didnt know that cc must clean toilet. Thanks :)


i'm 23. you know i got a strong feeling that it's not the ans that matters the
most but how you present it, you shouldn't talk very fast, you should be
clear in your wordings, and when you stand you should be aware of how you
look, be confident but not arrogant. do not repeat your answers and dun en
en ah ah.

for me i answered "the toilet cleanness can tell a lot about our company's
hygiene. if our toilet is clean then it will also show the passengers that our
food, our seats are clean too. and also, in order to keep our company's
image, we shall take the initiative to do what we can do, not only the toilet,
but everywhere..." sth like that, you dun have to think a lot when others are
talking, when you stand it'll naturally come, and when you talk your mind
will automatically come the next point you wanna say, so dun worry about it.
as long as your answer is logical then it should be ok, the more important
thing is how you present it and how you talk. good luck. :)


Thank you for your encouraging and info. Is it difficult in 1 to 1 interview?? I think i should polish my english start from now and i very worried cos i got crooked teeth. Omg. May i knoe u eill graduate from dip or degree??


degree, but education doesn't matter for this, and 1-1 interview is not very very very difficult, i see eye to eye with the interviewer cause he is a social worker and i am too, situational qn is really common sense, not tough, this one also how you present yourself and the interviewer wanna know more about you, personally, rmb they are looking for ppl who can serve and present well. be clean, honest, simple, listen to the interviewer's qn carefully, dun talk too fast, you'll be fine.

Vivien Z
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 18 Oct 2011

Postby Vivien Z » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:34 am

vasilysa wrote:it's not that hard, just talk normally and smile

i went there with a diploma and vivien went there with a degree :)


vasilysa, how many years are you planning to fly? any plans?

vizard
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011

Postby vizard » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 7:31 am

Abercrombie wrote:
vizard wrote:my fern who is a guy got the email to go down to SIA on 9 Dec to sign le..we went down for the medical together on Monday but yet he received email and i have not..i guess i was not selected or my email and hp i gave wrongly..really stressed..


Does he have the same start date as you? Those who can start first will get the call first. There are 3 category after your interview namely: Accepted, KIV, Rejected. You might be in the KIV group which are the reserve pool ? Don't think you will give wrong contact details as that is a very big mistake to make.


Ya, we have the same start date..we both put down 2 weeks..I don't think I gave the wrong contact since the first application form which I type out, I have checked and all details was correct.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 3:00 pm

any future batchies starting on jan 17th?? pm me! :)

candybear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2011

Postby candybear » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:03 pm

Hi everyone! =D

I got a missed call from them just now after lunch.

Till now they have not called back.

For my availability i stated 1 month but i think it should be 7 weeks instead as i can only resign after 31 dec. Will they allow me to change my availability?

vizard
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011

Postby vizard » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:03 pm

Well I got a call from Mary, she says that I cleared the medical and training will start on Jan 8? But it's a Sunday..so I am still worried coz she says will send the appoinent letter and details of signing bond next week...I am still quite worried..

candybear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2011

Postby candybear » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:04 pm

Anyone here who went for their medicals on 5th dec got their call yet?

candybear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2011

Postby candybear » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:06 pm

vizard wrote:Well I got a call from Mary, she says that I cleared the medical and training will start on Jan 8? But it's a Sunday..so I am still worried coz she says will send the appoinent letter and details of signing bond next week...I am still quite worried..


Hi vizard =)
why are you still worried?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby whitepetals » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:15 pm

me!! i went for medical on the 5th.. morning around 830.. :) got my call around.. 108pm.. :)

vizard.. no need to worry.. :) ure in! :)

candybear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 08 Dec 2011

Postby candybear » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 4:18 pm

whitepetals wrote:me!! i went for medical on the 5th.. morning around 830.. :) got my call around.. 108pm.. :)

vizard.. no need to worry.. :) ure in! :)


Ahhh.. i wish the lady would call me back soon. Hope to have a good night sleep tonight. keke =)

vasilysa
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 13 Jun 2011

Postby vasilysa » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 5:09 pm

Vivien Z wrote:
vasilysa wrote:it's not that hard, just talk normally and smile

i went there with a diploma and vivien went there with a degree :)


vasilysa, how many years are you planning to fly? any plans?


haha it would depend on how's the situation inside i suppose. if it's good and i like it, i'll stay on! you?

anyway when's your availability date?

vasilysa
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 13 Jun 2011

Postby vasilysa » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 5:11 pm

candybear wrote:Hi everyone! =D

I got a missed call from them just now after lunch.

Till now they have not called back.

For my availability i stated 1 month but i think it should be 7 weeks instead as i can only resign after 31 dec. Will they allow me to change my availability?


haha yes she will allow you to change it, just tell her when she calls you back :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest