Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
everything
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 26 Sep 2010

Postby everything » Mon, 16 May 2011 5:57 pm

Hi, I am curious if they're stringent about the blister scras above the heel..



metrominus ....Good question!! :)

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Mon, 16 May 2011 6:18 pm

Hey nobody here will know what kind of scar is ok or not. First of all we don't get to see it...Secondly we are not the interviewer who makes the decision. thirdly there is not specific guide line on where and how dark the scar can't be. General guideline is obvious or serious scar are not to be seen on expose parts of body after wearing the uniform. But again there are people with visible scars who got the job, so its down to the interviewer decision.

galwithawand
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 08 Dec 2010

Postby galwithawand » Mon, 16 May 2011 10:13 pm

agree fully with Abercrombie..
as for heel blisters, shouldn't be a problem. every girl has that

jorge-_-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2011

Postby jorge-_- » Wed, 18 May 2011 12:41 am

Are foreigners welcome to apply? Or is it just for pr and pass holder only?

metrominus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby metrominus » Sun, 22 May 2011 3:47 am

I get what you mean. Thanks for the replies. I was really just very curious..

Connected
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Postby Connected » Mon, 23 May 2011 6:07 pm

Wow! this is really a good forum for aspiring air steward/stewardess!!
I have been contemplating to go for a interview for at least 5 years, but because of my slightly heavier BMI..I do not dare to go for it...but after seeing so many encoraging posts on this forum..i think I will go for this upcoming interview!!

Just wondering if anyone else will be going down for the interview this weekend?

transcendent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 02 Oct 2010

Postby transcendent » Mon, 23 May 2011 8:03 pm

Connected wrote:Wow! this is really a good forum for aspiring air steward/stewardess!!
I have been contemplating to go for a interview for at least 5 years, but because of my slightly heavier BMI..I do not dare to go for it...but after seeing so many encoraging posts on this forum..i think I will go for this upcoming interview!!

Just wondering if anyone else will be going down for the interview this weekend?


i will be going on sunday, all the best to you!

tenpin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Postby tenpin » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:19 pm

I'll be going down with two other friends this weekend, and I'm really nervous, because my teeth... they're a little stained because I didn't take very good care of them when I was wearing braces... I'm kinda scared that they'll notice.

I'm not sure if they'll accept my friend's qualifications either, cos she took a private Dip. Are they very very particular about qualifications? And is there any chance they'd accept a private dip?

harlequin15
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Location: Sg

Postby harlequin15 » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:29 pm

i am going for the interview this saturday. is anyone interested in gg? im 26 female. just gonna try my luck. havent really made up my mind to join or not... :???:

harlequin15
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Location: Sg

Postby harlequin15 » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:31 pm

Connected wrote:Wow! this is really a good forum for aspiring air steward/stewardess!!
I have been contemplating to go for a interview for at least 5 years, but because of my slightly heavier BMI..I do not dare to go for it...but after seeing so many encoraging posts on this forum..i think I will go for this upcoming interview!!

Just wondering if anyone else will be going down for the interview this weekend?


hi connected,
i'll be gg this sat. u coming as well? :D

harlequin15
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Location: Sg

Postby harlequin15 » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:32 pm

tenpin wrote:I'll be going down with two other friends this weekend, and I'm really nervous, because my teeth... they're a little stained because I didn't take very good care of them when I was wearing braces... I'm kinda scared that they'll notice.

I'm not sure if they'll accept my friend's qualifications either, cos she took a private Dip. Are they very very particular about qualifications? And is there any chance they'd accept a private dip?


hi tenpin,
my teeth is not super white too & worse, not super straight. tts y im contemplating. but i guess we nvr knw until we try bahh... lets just give it a go? :wink:

tenpin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Postby tenpin » Mon, 23 May 2011 9:40 pm

harlequin15 wrote:
tenpin wrote:I'll be going down with two other friends this weekend, and I'm really nervous, because my teeth... they're a little stained because I didn't take very good care of them when I was wearing braces... I'm kinda scared that they'll notice.

I'm not sure if they'll accept my friend's qualifications either, cos she took a private Dip. Are they very very particular about qualifications? And is there any chance they'd accept a private dip?


hi tenpin,
my teeth is not super white too & worse, not super straight. tts y im contemplating. but i guess we nvr knw until we try bahh... lets just give it a go? :wink:


Yes, I think I will, but I'm still not very confident, which is.... not good.
*sigh*
See you all on Saturday! Planning to go very early; I heard the queue is insane.

Connected
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Postby Connected » Mon, 23 May 2011 10:12 pm

harlequin15...u got a PM! :)

Connected
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Postby Connected » Mon, 23 May 2011 10:16 pm

harlequin15..i realise i dun hav enough posts so i cant PM u..haha..are u going there alone?

Hansdanil
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 23 May 2011

Hey peeps.. With regards to sq recruitment drive on 28th may

Postby Hansdanil » Mon, 23 May 2011 10:57 pm

Hey peeps.. Really hope that sum of you kind souls could ans my qns...

Qualification wise... I only have 1 o level. However i have nitec in food and breverage operation... Werking experiences would be hotels n restaurants. After finishing my ns, i worked as a cabin crew for jetstar. Unfortunately due to some family commitments, i quit and am working as a supervisor in an italian restaurant... Do you guys know wether they still accepts me? Coz of qualification thats preventing me to go interview... -_-" please help... Sumone?
Hans danil


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests