Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lilyean

Postby lilyean » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 1:00 pm

The second stage is skin check? how come so many got booted out during skin check =( I'm not blessed with good complexion so i'm really worry.. =/
i thought they are not using spotlight during skin check already sigh.

VIVI_AYUMI

Postby VIVI_AYUMI » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 12:05 pm

1st round - interview
2nd round - height / stretch test and certificate verification
3rd round - skin check, posture check, smile check.

that's all i knew... :\

lilyean

Postby lilyean » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 1:50 pm

VIVI_AYUMI wrote:1st round - interview
2nd round - height / stretch test and certificate verification
3rd round - skin check, posture check, smile check.

that's all i knew... :\

I see. Anything's wrong with your complexion?
but since it's over, just try harder next time! =)

eloisehy

Postby eloisehy » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 2:43 pm

Hi anyone passed this April intake, please share the experience!

I'm sharing mine based on my last interview, don't know if there's any changes tho!

1st Round: 10 to 2 interviewers

(IMO, it's the hardest round. It depends a lot about luck and your 'like' factor. In merely 1 minute, how did the interviewer determine if you are suitable for this industry?)

then to the Height checking/Educational accreditation

2nd Round: Skin/Posture check and catwalk.

(Just straighten up and walk, don't slouch will do) They will generally ask a few question, like why you want to be cc and etc... (Remember to smile even for this round!) If you have no serious ache/scar or those can be concealed properly, you're generally safe in this round.

3rd Round: Memory Game.

Form into team of 3-4. I guess it's about teamwork and communications.

4th Round: 1 to 1 interview and situation problem.

For this round, I remember talking casually with the interviewer, we even talked to which is our fav subway sandwich! JUST BE YOUSELF!

They will ask questions depending on how you introduce yourself at the first place.

5th Round: MANAGEMENT ROUND

Do chat up with the person beside you before the interview (when you know the sequence/group)

They would ask you to introduce the one beside you. (Something out of the paper that they do not know. i.e. interesting facts)

then to passage reading

and then debate.

Sadly I didn't pass this round. I was caught in my tongue, and revealed my nervousness!

For the next round would be Kebaya fitting for girls and then you're more or less confirmed after medical checkup :D

ryn829

Postby ryn829 » Mon, 04 Apr 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for sharing! What topic did u get for ur debate?

chanelislove

Postby chanelislove » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 7:16 am

for those who managed to get in to the management round, can i check with you if you were being asked to introduce someone who is not beside you?

As i was being asked to introduce a girl who is not my partner nor is she sitting beside me and its very nerve wrecking when you have to crack your brain and recall what the other person have described about her.

lilyean

Postby lilyean » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 12:44 pm

Did u managed to pass the management round? So glad you managed to get that far! :)

But your management round sounds tough. Do share more yah? :)

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Postby galwithawand » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 5:14 pm

I went for the interview last Saturday and it was my first time and it turned out to be easier than I thought.

Round 1
This was my least stressful round. Just prepare a 1 minute long self-intro beforehand and MEMORIZE it well and practice in front of a mirror and you should go through easily In the self-intro include hobbies, and drop a little info about past employments and whatever you say, refer back to how it helps you to be a good air crew.

2/10 got through this round, incl. me. 4 guys all got kicked.

Round 2
After round 1 I was ushered back to the waiting room for height taking and checking educational certs. After which was the skin check round. I befriended some girls who had already gone through the round. I was talking to a girl when the results were released and she got booted out which was weird cause she doesnt have scars and her skin is perfect. Another girl got booted out because of a 2cm long cut mark on her wrist. They are VERY VERY particular about slit marks/scars at wrist. Once they discover = bye bye to you. Don't even try concealing. They will ask you go wash off and come back to let them check. Birthmarks are fine.

This round basically check neck, back of neck(for tattoos), face, arms, teeth and ears. I was asked to walk a bit(3metres) but that's all.

Round 3[u]
I didn't get to enjoy games round because it was late so I went straight to Round 4.

[u]Round 4

I have to say I got a really really nice guy. I don't know if everyone is like that but the interviewer I got was really friendly and warm. I was asked to read a passage and answer a question regarding to it. After that it just ended up as a chit chat session. Of course, he did ask me some important questions such as 'other than the outstanding service Singapore Airlines is famous for, what else do you think put SIA above the rest' etc. He also asked about my job and what's the most challenging incident etc.

Management Round
IT WAS FUN! Just be yourself. My group met and started chatting with one another for about 2 hours beforehand so by the time we went for this round, we knew one another like old friends. We breezed through the intro friend part. There were a few hard words in the passages but it was okay if you mispronounce some but get 95% right. The discussion round was okay too in my opinion. Just voice your opinions and it should be fine.

5/6 got past this round

Kebaya Round
SUPER FUN! We were all so excited by then so we were having fun in the changing room finding our sizes and helping one another tidy up, zip zips and giving encouragements etc. I'm glad I met a bunch of such amazing people through this interview.

They check arms, legs(below knee), neck, ears and posture.

Conclusion
Just be yourself. [/b]

Medical Check
Urine, Eyesight, colour blind, height and weight, X ray, blood pressure, breasts, spine, ears, eyes, feet.

lilyean

Postby lilyean » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 7:16 pm

galwithawand wrote:I went for the interview last Saturday and it was my first time and it turned out to be easier than I thought.

Round 1
This was my least stressful round. Just prepare a 1 minute long self-intro beforehand and MEMORIZE it well and practice in front of a mirror and you should go through easily In the self-intro include hobbies, and drop a little info about past employments and whatever you say, refer back to how it helps you to be a good air crew.

Round 2
After round 1 I was ushered back to the waiting room for height taking and checking educational certs. After which was the skin check round. I befriended some girls who had already gone through the round. I was talking to a girl when the results were released and she got booted out which was weird cause she doesnt have scars and her skin is perfect. Another girl got booted out because of a 2cm long cut mark on her wrist. They are VERY VERY particular about slit marks/scars at wrist. Once they discover = bye bye to you. Don't even try concealing. They will ask you go wash off and come back to let them check. Birthmarks are fine.

This round basically check neck, back of neck(for tattoos), face, arms, teeth and ears. I was asked to walk a bit(3metres) but that's all.

Round 3[u]
I didn't get to enjoy games round because it was late so I went straight to Round 4.

[u]Round 4

I have to say I got a really really nice guy. I don't know if everyone is like that but the interviewer I got was really friendly and warm. I was asked to read a passage and answer a question regarding to it. After that it just ended up as a chit chat session. Of course, he did ask me some important questions such as 'other than the outstanding service Singapore Airlines is famous for, what else do you think put SIA above the rest' etc. He also asked about my job and what's the most challenging incident etc.

Management Round
IT WAS FUN! Just be yourself. My group met and started chatting with one another for about 2 hours beforehand so by the time we went for this round, we knew one another like old friends. We breezed through the intro friend part. There were a few hard words in the passages but it was okay if you mispronounce some but get 95% right. The discussion round was okay too in my opinion. Just voice your opinions and it should be fine.

5/6 got past this round

Kebaya Round
SUPER FUN! We were all so excited by then so we were having fun in the changing room finding our sizes and helping one another tidy up, zip zips and giving encouragements etc. I'm glad I met a bunch of such amazing people through this interview.

Conclusion
Just be yourself. [/b]

Medical Check
Urine, Eyesight, colour blind, height and weight, X ray, blood pressure, breasts, spine, ears, eyes, feet.

Thank you so much for all the details. and CONGRATULATIONS to u!! :D
Can you name some of the hard words in the passage?
And what topic did u get for the discussion round?
Any idea how many people got through this time?

:)

Denny

Postby Denny » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 7:37 pm

LATEST UPDATE!

Interviews will be conducted on 28 May 2011 (Saturday) at:

Suntec Singapore
International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Level 3, Meeting Rooms 303-305
1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City
Singapore 039593

poshie90

Postby poshie90 » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 8:32 pm

Hi peeps! :)

Is it compulsory to tie your hair up in a bun during the kebaya fitting round?

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Postby galwithawand » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:25 pm

poshie90 wrote:Hi peeps! :)

Is it compulsory to tie your hair up in a bun during the kebaya fitting round?

yes.

VIVI_AYUMI

Postby VIVI_AYUMI » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:54 am

galwithawand wrote:I went for the interview last Saturday and it was my first time and it turned out to be easier than I thought.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3[u]

[u]Round 4

Management Round

5/6 got past this round

Kebaya Round

Conclusion
Just be yourself. [/b]

Medical Check

HUGE CONGRATS !! First time and you went so far !!

Many wish to be in your seat ~ All the best :D

We'll try our luck again on the 28th.

tienchin

Postby tienchin » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:12 pm

hi everyone, new to this forum.. saw from one of u ppl posting this

Interviews will be conducted on 28 May 2011 (Saturday) at:

Suntec Singapore
International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Level 3, Meeting Rooms 303-305
1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City
Singapore 039593

but i do have a query regarding the education thingy
it said At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits (or its equivalent) including English and working experience

because now I'm taking "Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Assessments
(WPLN)" is when i obtain level 5, its an entry requirment which is equivalent to GCE O.

wonder can i use the certificate to go for the interview on 28th may?
or who should I approach or call to make enquiry?

please help..!!

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Postby galwithawand » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 9:33 pm

VIVI_AYUMI wrote:
HUGE CONGRATS !! First time and you went so far !!

Many wish to be in your seat ~ All the best :D

We'll try our luck again on the 28th.

Thank you. I actually only decided to go for the interview at 12pm and reached at 1.20pm. It was a really last minute decision and I didn't go with too much expectations thus I was taking everything easy. Maybe that's why I was able to advance so far because I was stress-free (: