Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guavirus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Guavirus » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:41 pm

-dlt-
Last edited by Guavirus on Mon, 03 Oct 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 8:28 pm

^Stop worrying about all the crap you hear from the numerous idiots on this forum and elsewhere and give it a try. Which is more important; your abillity to deliver customer services or what you look like?

User avatar
Angelme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby Angelme » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 2:47 pm

hi hopefuls.. hows everyone doing? :)

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 10 May 2010

Postby rampalicious87 » Sun, 13 Mar 2011 3:15 pm

anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)

Miu
Regular
Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue, 20 Jan 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby Miu » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 8:42 am

rampalicious87 wrote:anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)


Which west you staying? Maybe can tag along :)
You Can Do It! (:

edis0n
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 19 Feb 2011

Postby edis0n » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:28 pm

rampalicious87 wrote:anyone wanna go together this upcoming recruitment? staying in the west here. =)



im at the west too. :)

babyturtle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011

Postby babyturtle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 1:37 pm

flyhigh wrote:hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..


hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\

pochead
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 27 Sep 2010

Postby pochead » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 3:45 pm

babyturtle wrote:
flyhigh wrote:hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..


hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\




min height required is 1.58m for female and 1.68m for male

babyturtle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011

Postby babyturtle » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 7:22 pm

pochead wrote:
babyturtle wrote:
flyhigh wrote:hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..


hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\




min height required is 1.58m for female and 1.68m for male


oooh. okay, thanks for that. do u know anything abt the educational qualifications ?? i read in the SIA forum, that they need just min 3 o's. but the website says 5 o's. so which one is it actually.

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 10 May 2010

Postby rampalicious87 » Mon, 14 Mar 2011 7:57 pm

hey. i am staying somewhere in Jurong. hmm, why not you guys send me your email address?

User avatar
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Postby Abercrombie » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:18 am

babyturtle wrote:
hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\


If you were to look just 4 pages back up in Page 849 you would have found the infor that you needed. There is no spoon feeding in Cabin Crew, therefore its a good time to start being independent :wink:
Being nice I will spoon feed you this time :roll:

Below is for the SIN and MALAYSIA interviews:

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height
Degree/ Diploma
OR
At least 2 GCE ‘A’- level credits and 2 ‘AO’- level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’- level examination
OR
At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits (or its equivalent) including English and working experience
For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:27 am

^ As it states clearly on the SIA website; amazing how many people come here wanting to be cabin crew yet spend little or no time on the website of the company they wish to work for. :roll: [-X
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

edis0n
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 19 Feb 2011

Postby edis0n » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 3:37 am

Plavt wrote:^ As it will states clearly on the SIA website; amazing how many people come here wanting to be cabin crew yet spend little or no time on the website of the company they wish to work for. :roll: [-X


likes.

babyturtle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011

Postby babyturtle » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:19 am

Abercrombie wrote:
babyturtle wrote:
hiyee. they will accept o's ?? seriously ?? i thot they didnt, and they only accepted dip's. which is why i nv tried or had any hopes.

anyone knows whats the ht requirement ?? =\


If you were to look just 4 pages back up in Page 849 you would have found the infor that you needed. There is no spoon feeding in Cabin Crew, therefore its a good time to start being independent :wink:
Being nice I will spoon feed you this time :roll:

Below is for the SIN and MALAYSIA interviews:

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; Males who are at least 1.65m in height
Degree/ Diploma
OR
At least 2 GCE ‘A’- level credits and 2 ‘AO’- level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’- level examination
OR
At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits (or its equivalent) including English and working experience
For Malaysian qualifications at SPM level, at least 5 credits including a minimum grade of B4 in English and working experience is required
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.


err.. okay. i already know all these, im asking as i read in another airline forum (cant rmb which. silkair or cathay pacific), the last recruitment on 27 nov, min 3 o's, and 4 n's. hence my post, as i wanna be sure. i only have 3 o's, which is why i nv tried out for SIA in the first place, knowing that i dont meet their requirements. thanks for the help anyways. :)

babyturtle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 14 Mar 2011

Postby babyturtle » Tue, 15 Mar 2011 9:31 am

anyone going and wud like to meet up ?? :) thinking of trying out.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests