Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
my faerie

Postby my faerie » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 8:19 pm

joannetyn wrote:hello,

i'm new here. i accidentally found this place while searching for tips & guides for MAS's interview tomorrow.

i was shortlisted for the March batch interview & i god kicked out after the 1st round of interview. *sob*

during the 1st round there are 9 of us in a group going into a room & the lady asked us to introduced ourself. tell her whatever we want her to know about us. after all 9 of us are done we were ask to wait outside the room for the results. within minutes the people are back & told us that none of us got selected. ='( boy... was i depressed! because i was in the middle of my final exams in University Malaysia Sabah (UMS) & i spent hundreds of ringgits for the air ticket just to go for the interview & rush back for my final paper. but who is there to blame? since i'm so desperate of getting the job...

anyway, i did apply for the april batch but seems like i'm not shortlisted. i just checked through their website & seems like there will be another round in May... those of you who are as anticipated as i am... make sure you don't miss the chance.

please check out www.cabincrewjobs.com they have very informative tips on ways to ace the interview. i feel that those guides written in the website very much resembles what SIA is looking for. a word of advice... please don't go unprepared... if not you are sure not to make it through the 1st round unless you are very very lucky like 1 of my relatives who is currently flying with SIA.

BTW, i would like to know... if walk-in interview SIA is applicable for next week's interview? can anyone with the invitation let us know where is the venue? because the last time i went for the interview i saw some of the girls just got there & fill in the application form just like that.

i will all of those who are going for the interview... the best of luck... \(^o^)/



u mean that time u went for the 1st interview, u saw girls just went there uninvited?

joannetyn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2005
Contact:

Postby joannetyn » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 9:01 pm

i'm not too sure if they are invited but they are there & filling up some forms in which we don't have to.

last time the interview was in concorde hotel, KL (i doubt if i spell it correctly, sorry >.<). what about this time? anyone care to fill me in?

emirates sounds good. in fact, i have been thinking if i should go for it. Qatar will be recruiting cabin crew in KL too.

CuriousCat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 24 Feb 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: SQ Flight Stewardess!

Postby CuriousCat » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 9:25 pm

Yee Hui wrote:Hi to all who share the same common interest as I do!

I have been flying with SIA for 2 years already. I joined SIA after I gotten my degree.

A word of advice to all newbies and all those who wanted to join SIA... it is indeed not an easy job...and afterall not as Glam as many may think!

I still remember, when I just graduated from my training, and started my flying career, I was made to do many unwanted jobs... like cleaning the toilets... attending to babies... and the new girls are always the first to be activated when on stand-by.. and frequently fly to countries when our senior colleagues wanted to avoid...like China, India.... when there are more difficult people to attend to...

And the politics inside is bad.... serious! I was made to greet every single seniors who i work with... and if i were to miss out 1, my life would not be made easy for that flight!

But I have overcome it...i survive! I survive for my interest! My dream! I am looking towards my promotion in 6 months' time! Wish my luck! I want my green uniform!


Hello Yee Hui

I sincerely hope that you could share some of your flying experience with me. But I would prefer communicating thru email. Pls drop me an email at i_m_happie@yahoo.com.sg

Many thanks!

my faerie

Postby my faerie » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:04 pm

joannetyn wrote:i'm not too sure if they are invited but they are there & filling up some forms in which we don't have to.

last time the interview was in concorde hotel, KL (i doubt if i spell it correctly, sorry >.<). what about this time? anyone care to fill me in?

emirates sounds good. in fact, i have been thinking if i should go for it. Qatar will be recruiting cabin crew in KL too.


oic. if only they conduct walk-in interview too. u thinking of going there and see whether they do consider "univited" girls?

cherub

Postby cherub » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:42 am

my faerie wrote:
joannetyn wrote:i'm not too sure if they are invited but they are there & filling up some forms in which we don't have to.

last time the interview was in concorde hotel, KL (i doubt if i spell it correctly, sorry >.<). what about this time? anyone care to fill me in?

emirates sounds good. in fact, i have been thinking if i should go for it. Qatar will be recruiting cabin crew in KL too.


oic. if only they conduct walk-in interview too. u thinking of going there and see whether they do consider "univited" girls?


hey if anyone thinking of doing that let me know?
We go together?

snowflakes82@hotmail.com

my faerie

Postby my faerie » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 1:16 am

cherub wrote:
my faerie wrote:
joannetyn wrote:i'm not too sure if they are invited but they are there & filling up some forms in which we don't have to.

last time the interview was in concorde hotel, KL (i doubt if i spell it correctly, sorry >.<). what about this time? anyone care to fill me in?

emirates sounds good. in fact, i have been thinking if i should go for it. Qatar will be recruiting cabin crew in KL too.


oic. if only they conduct walk-in interview too. u thinking of going there and see whether they do consider "univited" girls?


hey if anyone thinking of doing that let me know?
We go together?

snowflakes82@hotmail.com


quite a good suggestion but we might get thrown out! haha

my faerie

Postby my faerie » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 1:37 am

any goody person willing to reveal the venue of the interview on 23 april?

yan

Postby yan » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 2:25 am

guess got to wait for the next round of stewardess intake...

didn't get a reply from them, so disappointed...

applied the first time and was called up for the interview, but didn't make to the 2nd round...

then, applied to SIA 3 more times (was never called up for interview), this is the third time. guess they are really not interested in me as a stewardess...i am too old for them, i suppose... =(

anyway, good luck to all those going for the interview! =)

ting57

Postby ting57 » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:42 pm

sad to sae but its no use telling you the venue of the place cox its guarded..n u can only go into the interview plc with ur names on the list n using the NRIC in exchange for the pass to get in...so i dun think they offer walk-in interviews


my faerie wrote:any goody person willing to reveal the venue of the interview on 23 april?

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:45 pm

realli?maybe we can meet up together or wad?..if u dun mind..my msn is clover_1257@hotmail.com


Anonymous wrote:Hi ting57,

I am having my interview same time same date as yours....


ting57 wrote:im having my interview on the 23april at 1110. ani1 out ther who has the same timing as me? maybe we can meet up or wad...

cherub

Postby cherub » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 1:11 pm

ting57 wrote:sad to sae but its no use telling you the venue of the place cox its guarded..n u can only go into the interview plc with ur names on the list n using the NRIC in exchange for the pass to get in...so i dun think they offer walk-in interviews


my faerie wrote:any goody person willing to reveal the venue of the interview on 23 april?



ohhhhh then no hope of walk-in-alrerady then

maybe last time those girls who had to fill in application form is cos they submitted only resume or something? -shrug-


oh wells....
sad.

my faerie

Postby my faerie » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 1:16 pm

i tout there isn't a need to submit resume? only cover letter and the application form yeah?

my faerie

Postby my faerie » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 1:17 pm

cherub wrote:
ting57 wrote:sad to sae but its no use telling you the venue of the place cox its guarded..n u can only go into the interview plc with ur names on the list n using the NRIC in exchange for the pass to get in...so i dun think they offer walk-in interviews


my faerie wrote:any goody person willing to reveal the venue of the interview on 23 april?



ohhhhh then no hope of walk-in-alrerady then

maybe last time those girls who had to fill in application form is cos they submitted only resume or something? -shrug-


oh wells....
sad.


perhaps can try the next round. i guess must at least wait for 2 or 3 months.

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 7:00 pm

yan wrote:guess got to wait for the next round of stewardess intake...

didn't get a reply from them, so disappointed...

applied the first time and was called up for the interview, but didn't make to the 2nd round...

then, applied to SIA 3 more times (was never called up for interview), this is the third time. guess they are really not interested in me as a stewardess...i am too old for them, i suppose... =(

anyway, good luck to all those going for the interview! =)

Lucky

Postby Lucky » Sat, 16 Apr 2005 7:24 pm

Found this site while surfing for SIA crew experiences and interview stuffs. Nice to know there are so many of us so enthusiastic about the interviews.
I submitted my steward application on 9th april (a week after the closing date) cos i only knew SIA was recruiting on 6th April. Got my interview email on 15th and it's for Sun 1330hrs. Can't believe my luck when i saw the email. :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest