Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
galwithawand
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 08 Dec 2010

Postby galwithawand » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 8:29 pm

Denny wrote:LATEST UPDATE!

Interviews will be conducted on 2 April 2011 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel Singapore
Level 2, Ballroom
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

thanks for informing!!! =D

Menthol81
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 25 Feb 2011

Postby Menthol81 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:51 am

I am looking forward to join SQ but i do not meet their requirement cert , Can i still apply it ... Can any kind soul let me know ... Thanks

flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 8:33 am

wow tts very fast. almost every 2 mths there's a recruitment.

menthol81 wat cert do u currently have?

Menthol81
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 25 Feb 2011

Postby Menthol81 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 8:34 am

flyhigh wrote:wow tts very fast. almost every 2 mths there's a recruitment.

menthol81 wat cert do u currently have?


"N" cert

flyhigh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Location: singapore

Postby flyhigh » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 9:46 am

hmm they will only accept O lvls at least.. they will ask u to leave on e spot if u cnt meet their requirements..

blessedchild
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 24 Feb 2011

Postby blessedchild » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:41 am

Hi Buttercup900 and Sandymanero,

I am starting training on 15 March too :)
Waiting for updates from Mary regarding the dress code and reporting time. Have you received any information about it?

choco23
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 25 Feb 2011

Postby choco23 » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:01 am

Hi everyone! i'm new here..just wondering if there's still a 6 month ban for those who were not successful in previous recruitments? thanks!

lovestt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 25 Feb 2011

how to get thru stage 1

Postby lovestt » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 1:25 pm

hi I'm new here and am envious how you guys cab get thru the interview. anyone care to share how to even get past stage 1?! anything to take note of or how to get myself prepared for it? Thanks! :D

blessedchild
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 24 Feb 2011

Postby blessedchild » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 2:17 pm

Dress smart but in something u r comfortable in, keep your smile genuine and keeeeeeep smiling cos u don't know when the interviewers are looking at you.
Be confident, be yourself but better.
Reading up on SIA and other airlines' news regularly helps to build up confidence and reduces anxiety too.

Basically go in with at least some preparation of what will happen during the interview and some knowledge of SIA, so that the jitters will be reduced. :)

Good luck!

lovestt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 25 Feb 2011

Postby lovestt » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 3:58 pm

blessedchild wrote:Dress smart but in something u r comfortable in, keep your smile genuine and keeeeeeep smiling cos u don't know when the interviewers are looking at you.
Be confident, be yourself but better.
Reading up on SIA and other airlines' news regularly helps to build up confidence and reduces anxiety too.

Basically go in with at least some preparation of what will happen during the interview and some knowledge of SIA, so that the jitters will be reduced. :)

Good luck!


dress smart means pant/skirt with shirt?! I mean no jeans rite?!?

galwithawand
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed, 08 Dec 2010

Postby galwithawand » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:25 pm

here are two pictures of the last SIA interview. take a look at what people are wearing so you dress accordingly and won't feel out of place that day

Image
Image

edis0n
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat, 19 Feb 2011

Postby edis0n » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 5:47 pm

choco23 wrote:Hi everyone! i'm new here..just wondering if there's still a 6 month ban for those who were not successful in previous recruitments? thanks!


i heard its only applicable to those that failed the management round.

Denny
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 24 Dec 2010

Postby Denny » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:50 pm

It is actually reduced to only 3 months but i heard from a friend that the ban has been lifted for those who cannot get pass mgmt round. Anyone here can confirm this?

sandymanero
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 24 Feb 2011

Postby sandymanero » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 9:04 pm

lovestt wrote:
blessedchild wrote:Dress smart but in something u r comfortable in, keep your smile genuine and keeeeeeep smiling cos u don't know when the interviewers are looking at you.
Be confident, be yourself but better.
Reading up on SIA and other airlines' news regularly helps to build up confidence and reduces anxiety too.

Basically go in with at least some preparation of what will happen during the interview and some knowledge of SIA, so that the jitters will be reduced. :)

Good luck!


dress smart means pant/skirt with shirt?! I mean no jeans rite?!?


hello guys,
ok ..some tips from my perspective..

1. stage 1 : self introduction and voicing opinions on subjects
- speak clearly, with a good spoken english (reduce the singlish accent, and speak clear, formal english )...say hello to everyone,look at interviewer in the eyes...and smile....then speak your opinion on the matter, your opinion should be honest and sincere,smile and present a kind and friendly presence..and be genuine..so that interviewer can connect with you.

2.stage 2 : skin check,teeth check,scar check,height and weight check.
make sure your above the listed height..they are quite strict. alll below the minimum height automatically sent home. as for scars,no scars should be visible from hands to elbow, and from your face.from front to side to side...good set of teeth helps too.

3. card game with teams, and 1 to 1 interview
card games with your team,its not about the game they're looking at, they want to see how you interact with your teammates and problem solving.as long as you dont display bossiness or unwillingness to participate, you should be alright......as for 1 to 1 interview, be sincere,honest and friendly..smile.just voice your opinions, but dont be bossy about it.potray a positive image..cheerful and gentle.

4.if you pass this round, you get to do a final interview the next day.the final interview consist of a group of 6 interviewees and 2 interviewers,they will ask you to read a passage, introduce your team member, and voice opinions on a particular topic.as before i mention,speak clearly smile, be kind and friendly ..introduce your teammate as a new friend, and explain to them with passion what youve learn from your new friend.please demonstrate team work, speak in sequence starting your the first speaker,dont be pushy and wait for others to finish before starting your introduction

5.if you pass this round, girls will try their kebaya....try to cover your scars ..they will check your face,arms,and legs again..walk straight n slowly, dont slouch,smile..speak with friendliness,and demonstrate that you are beauty with brains!!!..and can speak well...the girls who they are unsure of, will be sent to another round..the girls which they are confirm selected will change immediately and wait outside....(this was scary,cos i was sent outside..and i tot i failed the interview,becos some of my frends got to go to another room with kebaya and do another round!! )

6.medical interview....make sure ur clean from drugs,scoliosis, injuries such as knee injuries or arm injuries..dont lie in medical because they can check with other hospitals of ur background medicals!!!

so..good luck all. :) message me if need any questions...

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 9:18 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this website, and find there are tons of information on this thread. A couple of questions actually for all that ever went for the interview.

1) How strict are the skin checks for guys in actual fact? Do stuff like acne scars (small holes) , pimples, make one out of the interview right away?

2) Does the built of a guy matters a lot?

3) Is there a need to don a tie on the day of the interview?

4) How is the attendance of the applicants and how many actually make it through on the day?

Thanks all in advance. =D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests