Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lena_teoh
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Location: singapore

Postby lena_teoh » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 7:39 am

mushroom88 wrote:I'll be going for the 6nov interview, anyone wanna go together? :)


daphydysis also asking... want go together or not?

lena_teoh
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Location: singapore

Postby lena_teoh » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 7:55 am

Actually 25 Sep I have been there alr. But in the 3 round "skin check" already unsuccessful. :( 6 Nov, i think to try again? can i?

gallenlim2002
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 04 Oct 2010

Re: Interview on 6th Nov 2010

Postby gallenlim2002 » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:01 am

becca87 wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:
becca87 wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:Hi anyone going for the SIA interview on 6th Nov 2010? Cause i will be going there alone. Hope to find wanna cabin crew friends to go along and meet up and go for interview together. Anyone interested?

Btw their Min. Education Requirement is 5 GCE 'O' Level.
As I only have ITC in Electronics Engineering (Higher NITEC) will they accept me? Anyone can give me answer on that.

Thanks :)


hey for what i know u have to meet their min education requirements.. if u dun have o levels... dun think they will accept u... think u better go take o level bah.. o level also need working experience...



But mine ITC Cert is higher then o level....coz i can sign on for police few yrs back so shld nt b a problem bah...



is it? i'm not sure though. i'm dipolma holder. cos a lot of ppl from higher nitec r also asking. but i dun think can. cos it is stated black and white on the website that they want o levels wif working experience/dipolma/degree. but u can go and try if u want to. dunno whether they will accept or not. based on my understanding, dun think they will accept cos if they want higher nitec, it is already written on the website explaining very clearly.....unless u can prove me otherwise.


Thanks FYI becca87. I will just go and try it out. I will also bring proof (From SPF and SAF website salary structure) that the Higher Nitec Cert is higher then GCE 5 'O' Level. Anyway no harm trying. The most they just reject me. It ok... So are you going for the interview on 6th Nov 2010?

lilme
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 21 Sep 2010

review

Postby lilme » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 4:32 pm

hi anyone here went for final interview on the 26th and was told to go bck for a review ? :))

hyori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 04 Oct 2010

Postby hyori » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 5:05 pm

Hey guys..i went 2nd medical check up for scholiois. And i still got in! recieve a call from mary today and a confirmation email.I change my notice period of 3 mths to immediate by writing them a letter and they call me the next day.

My training would be on 21 oct.anyone too?

Good luck for those trying on 6 nov!

woohoo02
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 27 Sep 2010

Postby woohoo02 » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 6:19 pm

Hello guys. Quick questions.

Has anyone (or someone you know) failed the medical check up but then rectified their medical problem and then went for the interview again and got accepted eventually?

Cause if I fail the medical check up, I thought of rectifying the problem I have and then go for the interview again but not sure if that would be okay.

Secondly, those whose availability is 3 months/December 2010, have you received call from Mary?

becca87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 30 Sep 2010

Re: Interview on 6th Nov 2010

Postby becca87 » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 8:29 pm

gallenlim2002 wrote:
becca87 wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:
becca87 wrote:
gallenlim2002 wrote:Hi anyone going for the SIA interview on 6th Nov 2010? Cause i will be going there alone. Hope to find wanna cabin crew friends to go along and meet up and go for interview together. Anyone interested?

Btw their Min. Education Requirement is 5 GCE 'O' Level.
As I only have ITC in Electronics Engineering (Higher NITEC) will they accept me? Anyone can give me answer on that.

Thanks :)


hey for what i know u have to meet their min education requirements.. if u dun have o levels... dun think they will accept u... think u better go take o level bah.. o level also need working experience...



But mine ITC Cert is higher then o level....coz i can sign on for police few yrs back so shld nt b a problem bah...



is it? i'm not sure though. i'm dipolma holder. cos a lot of ppl from higher nitec r also asking. but i dun think can. cos it is stated black and white on the website that they want o levels wif working experience/dipolma/degree. but u can go and try if u want to. dunno whether they will accept or not. based on my understanding, dun think they will accept cos if they want higher nitec, it is already written on the website explaining very clearly.....unless u can prove me otherwise.


Thanks FYI becca87. I will just go and try it out. I will also bring proof (From SPF and SAF website salary structure) that the Higher Nitec Cert is higher then GCE 5 'O' Level. Anyway no harm trying. The most they just reject me. It ok... So are you going for the interview on 6th Nov 2010?


yes i am going.. :)

daphydysis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 16 May 2008

Postby daphydysis » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 9:09 pm

yea my first time :) let's go together ~

lena_teoh wrote:
daphydysis wrote:anyone going on 6 nov? i am new here , would love to try out for the interview , anyone wish to go together? :)


Yaya... I want go also... This is ur first time?[/quote

abdu1lah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 03 Aug 2010

Postby abdu1lah » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:47 pm

hyori wrote:Hey guys..i went 2nd medical check up for scholiois. And i still got in! recieve a call from mary today and a confirmation email.I change my notice period of 3 mths to immediate by writing them a letter and they call me the next day.

My training would be on 21 oct.anyone too?

Good luck for those trying on 6 nov!


Hey hyori, i'm starting on the 21st too! maybe u can add me on msn @ abdu1lah@hotmail.com! cheers :)) finally met someone with same start date!

limmy_85
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat, 02 Oct 2010

Postby limmy_85 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:01 am

hey woohoo02,

my notice period is 3 months, start period dec 2010 or jan 2011, have not received any news from mary yet...hopefully i'll pass..

is your notice period 3 months too? maybe we'll be batch mates =)

mushroom88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 02 Oct 2010

Postby mushroom88 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 1:13 am

lena_teoh wrote:
mushroom88 wrote:I'll be going for the 6nov interview, anyone wanna go together? :)


daphydysis also asking... want go together or not?


hey yea let's go together :)

woohoo02
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon, 27 Sep 2010

Postby woohoo02 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 3:00 am

@limmy_85: Yes, my availability is 3 months too, December 2010 and have yet to receive any call. But I'm expecting bad news cause I had to go for an additional scan and the doctor said my thyroid is pretty big.

I hope it's nothing. But I keep telling myself it's bad news so if its really bad news, I won't be very devastated. But if everything works out, yea, we could be batch mates. =)

lena_teoh
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Location: singapore

Postby lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 7:33 am

daphydysis wrote:yea my first time :) let's go together ~

lena_teoh wrote:
daphydysis wrote:anyone going on 6 nov? i am new here , would love to try out for the interview , anyone wish to go together? :)


Yaya... I want go also... This is ur first time?[/quote


Ok ok, chat in MSN (lenateoh@hotmail.com)

lena_teoh
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Location: singapore

Postby lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 7:34 am

mushroom88 wrote:
lena_teoh wrote:
mushroom88 wrote:I'll be going for the 6nov interview, anyone wanna go together? :)


daphydysis also asking... want go together or not?


hey yea let's go together :)


yaya... then we can meet up with daphydysis and go together :)

lena_teoh
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu, 16 Sep 2010
Location: singapore

Postby lena_teoh » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 7:35 am

limmy_85 wrote:hey woohoo02,

my notice period is 3 months, start period dec 2010 or jan 2011, have not received any news from mary yet...hopefully i'll pass..

is your notice period 3 months too? maybe we'll be batch mates =)


congraz... u go for the walk in interview on 25/Sep???


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest