Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 3:42 am

Jrunk wrote: However I was rejected due to a misunderstanding! I was wondering if SIA keeps records of our previous application?



What was the 'misunderstanding?', you haven't supplied enough information. Almost any company keeps records of applications for X amount of time.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 3:45 am

ikip84 wrote:i have the same situation like yours..finish all round and done my medical too. i got my rejection letter last week and have no idea what went wrong on my medical. my friend ask me to go anothe try on 25 but doubt to do that cause i still believe they still have my record on file. should i try for it or should i wait for anothr 3 or 6 month to do that


3 months, six months or even 12 months, you need to think about your medical and what you have told them, I am sure you already know the answer.....

Jrunk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 05 Sep 2010

Postby Jrunk » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 8:19 am

Hi louispoh and plavt, thanks for the reply. Well, i tried to email them but I got no response. the misunderstanding was information on my application which they couldnt obtain a clearance
of hence they rejected me without even trying to find out.... I feel like heading to the 25th too but i believe that the company will keep the records abt 6 mths to a year since they actually sent me a contract bt pulled back the letter of employment due to the misunderstanding! Its ok, ill just try again aftr afew mths.. Beats sitting down wondering right?

bobatealover
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2010

Postby bobatealover » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 1:58 pm

Jrunk wrote:Hi louispoh and plavt, thanks for the reply. Well, i tried to email them but I got no response. the misunderstanding was information on my application which they couldnt obtain a clearance
of hence they rejected me without even trying to find out.... I feel like heading to the 25th too but i believe that the company will keep the records abt 6 mths to a year since they actually sent me a contract bt pulled back the letter of employment due to the misunderstanding! Its ok, ill just try again aftr afew mths.. Beats sitting down wondering right?


Oh no. So sorry to hear about it. :shock:

hopejoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 06 Sep 2010

Postby hopejoe » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 3:05 pm

ikip84 wrote:i have the same situation like yours..finish all round and done my medical too. i got my rejection letter last week and have no idea what went wrong on my medical. my friend ask me to go anothe try on 25 but doubt to do that cause i still believe they still have my record on file. should i try for it or should i wait for anothr 3 or 6 month to do that


Hiya, I reckoned you must told the doctor something which cause your problem. Else if the doctor encountered any suspicious medical problems on your body then he/she will insist you for the specialist check out again. Like my case was when the doctor checked my BP was a bit higher then normal but she was lenient bco she gave 4-5 times trials eventually she sent me to the Heart specialist to check my BP(Geess cost me a fortune) I worn those 24 hours BP monitor. Thanks God I am fit to be a cabin crew. If you have the same incident as me, then the specialist will print you a copy of your medical report together with a letter to indicate your health situation to SIA and I think from this point the specialist has already told you the result whether you are fit for the CC. Finally I hope my info with be helpful to you. IF you really have a health problem I think they will proper keep your record for a bit but dont know how long.

hopejoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 06 Sep 2010

Postby hopejoe » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 3:23 pm

Hey i have great interview tips for CC wannabe. Remember to your SMILE and confident personality. I was able to got through the interview just bco I constantly smile no matter what questions they threw on me. Even blessed situation happened to me during the one to one interview on the 4th stage. The interviewer passed me bco of my SMILE and he didnt ask any difficult questions unlike my other friends they have been asked to read a passenger and answer those touch scenario during the inflight.

BUT you must have a serving heart which willing to go for extra mile for your customer and endure all the hardship bco they can tell from your conversation. So i hope you have already equipped you secret weapon "SMILE" to fight this battle.
Wish luck for those who is going to the 25th Sept interview.
x

bobatealover
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2010

Postby bobatealover » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 6:38 pm

hopejoe wrote:Hey i have great interview tips for CC wannabe. Remember to your SMILE and confident personality. I was able to got through the interview just bco I constantly smile no matter what questions they threw on me. Even blessed situation happened to me during the one to one interview on the 4th stage. The interviewer passed me bco of my SMILE and he didnt ask any difficult questions unlike my other friends they have been asked to read a passenger and answer those touch scenario during the inflight.

BUT you must have a serving heart which willing to go for extra mile for your customer and endure all the hardship bco they can tell from your conversation. So i hope you have already equipped you secret weapon "SMILE" to fight this battle.
Wish luck for those who is going to the 25th Sept interview.
x


Um, yes, do smile but that's not enough. Your answers are important too cos I smiled like mad yet I didn't pass the 1-1. Lol. Yea. All e best every1 trying it out :)

pegz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby pegz » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 3:25 pm

hello all!

havent been here for quite awhile.

Looking fwd to the 25th interview :)

hopejoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 06 Sep 2010

Postby hopejoe » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 4:02 pm

bobatealover wrote:
hopejoe wrote:Hey i have great interview tips for CC wannabe. Remember to your SMILE and confident personality. I was able to got through the interview just bco I constantly smile no matter what questions they threw on me. Even blessed situation happened to me during the one to one interview on the 4th stage. The interviewer passed me bco of my SMILE and he didnt ask any difficult questions unlike my other friends they have been asked to read a passenger and answer those touch scenario during the inflight.

BUT you must have a serving heart which willing to go for extra mile for your customer and endure all the hardship bco they can tell from your conversation. So i hope you have already equipped you secret weapon "SMILE" to fight this battle.
Wish luck for those who is going to the 25th Sept interview.
x


Um, yes, do smile but that's not enough. Your answers are important too cos I smiled like mad yet I didn't pass the 1-1. Lol. Yea. All e best every1 trying it out :)


Oh yes, you have to draw the interviewers attention at the 1st stage. Try to be creative and interesting on your answer but dont make it too long. Properly I made them laugh during my very 1st stage. But I reckoned SIA urgently need more CC bco during my 1st stage 9 up of 10 got in.
Besides, I highly recommended to go early to show you are seriously about this career.

So are you still trying for coming interview? Keep trying then you will gain more experience. Good luck all. x

bobatealover
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2010

Postby bobatealover » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 6:37 pm

Hmm... I'm not too sure as I am actually still studying and also trying to explore other career paths though SIA is of course very attractive in terms of pay in the short term and the travelling it offers. How many times did you try before you succeeded? How's it like working in the airline or are you still undergoing training now? :)

tegan&sara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 18 Jul 2010

Postby tegan&sara » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:09 am

Hi everyone. I am currently a part time uni student with lessons once a week and I want to work. SIA cabin crew sounds like a pretty good choice now for me. Will SIA still consider me despite my studies? Thanks in advance for your input!

Cherieboomboom
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 19 Apr 2010

Postby Cherieboomboom » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 4:10 am

Need help desperately! Just need the answers before the next interview on 25th.

Just wondering if you have Been detained by the authorities but its not a court case, do u state 'Yes' in the application form? Will u be rejected straight away even before going for the interview? Is it a must to admit and state the informations in the application form?

An just wondering that, how strict are they in the skin check round? I do have a chickenpox mark on my cheek, and it's visible. Plus some blemishes and scars. What are the chances of getting in? It is a must to have flawless skin? Anyone here seen any girls who got in but doesn't have flawless skin?

Please help!!!

Lele2626
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby Lele2626 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:19 am

Hi people, pardon me for asking but its my first time trying out the interview. My hair is currently dyed, do I need to dye it black before the interview or are they lenient on this?

Cherieboomboom, do u wanna go together? Or anybody wanna go together? Nervous going alone....

hopejoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 06 Sep 2010

Postby hopejoe » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 1:46 pm

bobatealover wrote:Hmm... I'm not too sure as I am actually still studying and also trying to explore other career paths though SIA is of course very attractive in terms of pay in the short term and the travelling it offers. How many times did you try before you succeeded? How's it like working in the airline or are you still undergoing training now? :)


if you still studying i think you better apply when you almost finished your study. unless you already have diploma. Bco once they recruited you then you have to provide them your availability.

I think the most important thing you have to bear in mind...do you really enjoy and have a passion in hospitality industries? and love traveling. For my case, im goin to my training soon. Im so excited about it.

hopejoe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 06 Sep 2010

Postby hopejoe » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 1:57 pm

Cherieboomboom wrote:Need help desperately! Just need the answers before the next interview on 25th.

Just wondering if you have Been detained by the authorities but its not a court case, do u state 'Yes' in the application form? Will u be rejected straight away even before going for the interview? Is it a must to admit and state the informations in the application form?

An just wondering that, how strict are they in the skin check round? I do have a chickenpox mark on my cheek, and it's visible. Plus some blemishes and scars. What are the chances of getting in? It is a must to have flawless skin? Anyone here seen any girls who got in but doesn't have flawless skin?

Please help!!!


If you stated "yes" you better give them a reasonable answer which you mean you didnt commit to any crime bco SIA is very strict on criminal check.
for girl then skin check is very crucial make sure you dont have too much trouble with your skin. Off course your skin condition cant be too bad. Else try to conceal as much as possible. Seriously, on the skin check they use some of sort bright light to check your face, im afraid if you have acne or scars then they will be visible under the light. anyway, dont worry too much just try your luck then you have a clear idea how the interview goes.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron