Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paige

Post by Paige » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 3:47 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Paige & Hopeless..

Guess i'll have to join u gals the next round. This time i didn't even make it thrgh the first round... Sorry to disappoint u gals :(

BUT, i went to today's Emirates interview & was shortlisted to the next round, hee... :)
Hi Toori,

Wah.. u so on?? btw, congrats to be shortlisted for Emirates! ;) As for SIA, how come you cant make it through the 1st round? is it becoz of the height? Well, dun be disappointed k? at least you are shortlisted? Better then me and hopeless not even given a chance? ;)
Cheer up!
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Toori

Post by Toori » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 4:29 pm

Hi Rian,

frm ur previous msg, are u a male??

Althgh Emirates placed Flight Stewardess today, but there are some guys turning up today & they also filled up the application form :)
Rian wrote:hey toori, the previous msg is from me...

care to share your experience??

john22

Post by john22 » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 5:20 pm

the guys that went today - did they get through to the next round or were they eliminated.

Toori

I'll try again

Post by Toori » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 6:18 pm

Hi Paige,

Hee.. Cos i've nvr been to Emirates interview, so went to try :wink:

As for SIA, the group of interviewers (x3) seems a little strict.. None of my group members was shortlisted to move to the next round! Well, thgh they're more stringent, its not an excuse for myself.. Cos i really didnt do very well...

So.. i've gotto try again with u gals the next round :)
Paige wrote:
Hi Toori,

Wah.. u so on?? btw, congrats to be shortlisted for Emirates! ;) As for SIA, how come you cant make it through the 1st round? is it becoz of the height? Well, dun be disappointed k? at least you are shortlisted? Better then me and hopeless not even given a chance? ;)
Cheer up!
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 6:42 pm

Hi Tori! COngrats! u made it to the next round for emirates!

May i noe hw is round 1 for sia lek? Did they ask u to do self-intro or a group discussion?

Thx!

Toori

Post by Toori » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 7:15 pm

For SIA, today's was a self-intro... How i wish it was a group discussion..

Anonymous wrote:Hi Tori! COngrats! u made it to the next round for emirates!

May i know hw is round 1 for sia lek? Did they ask u to do self-intro or a group discussion?

Thx!

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 7:48 pm

Hi tori

How was the EK interview? Group discussion? What topics? Were there many gals who attended? How many got thru the 2nd round?

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 8:58 pm

Hmm.. What makes u say that u wished it was a group discussion? So that u will not be so nervous? Thx for sharing...
Toori wrote:For SIA, today's was a self-intro... How i wish it was a group discussion..

Anonymous wrote:Hi Tori! COngrats! u made it to the next round for emirates!

May i know hw is round 1 for sia lek? Did they ask u to do self-intro or a group discussion?

Thx!

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:23 pm

Hi Shopaholic! Hows today's interview?
shopaholic wrote:
M wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hello Guest! You going for the 1 Aug round is it? No problem we can chat! Email me at [email protected] then we can exchange numbers?

Yes I was one of the four who got in last Thurs. Both the mgtm interview and tea party also got elimination. six left after mgtm interview, four left after tea recep.
Stressed. D Day is tomorrow. Shop shop, apologies. Many occassions, you have messaged me but I was at work!! :wink:

M, no problem. D Day - what's that? The day of your final interview? Keep me updated, tmr's my interview... *screams*

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:49 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Paige & Hopeless..

Guess i'll have to join u gals the next round. This time i didn't even make it thrgh the first round... Sorry to disappoint u gals :(

BUT, i went to today's Emirates interview & was shortlisted to the next round, hee... :)
Hi Tori,
Hey how come u couldnt get through the 1st round?? Too stringent? Which aspect did u fail in?

Wow...congrats on the Emirates interview! How was the interview like? When's the 2nd round? :D

Rian

Post by Rian » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:36 am

Toori wrote:Hi Rian,

frm ur previous msg, are u a male??

Althgh Emirates placed Flight Stewardess today, but there are some guys turning up today & they also filled up the application form :)
Rian wrote:hey toori, the previous msg is from me...

care to share your experience??
Hi toori...

WHAT??? There're some males attended it and filled up forms??? Gosh, i should have done that!!! The emirates people didn't shoo the guys away? Cause the ad shows "stewardess" right.. hhhmmph!!

do u think the guys who filled up the form get through the round? And do the guys get to see the interviewers?

please tell me! i need to know!! If the guys did get through next round, i'm gonna shoot myself for not doing that... :(

Rian

Post by Rian » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:38 am

anyway toori, congrats to you ya!

Mabel

Post by Mabel » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 2:11 am

I went today - some guys who came just wrote the form (just for KIV) and I asked and the interviewer was saying the interview was for females.

M

Post by M » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 4:35 pm

silly wrote:Hi M!

How was your mgtm interview & tea party today? Update us?!
Hey silly,

Got chopped!! There was 12 of us and half got in only. I think I will just concentrate on being a Citibanker for now. :oops: :oops:

The questions posed were mainly on when did I switch from Media to wanting to become a cabin crew and more about my job scopes and positions. Guess showed too much leadership and little followership. :?

And additional on my national service family and sports. :oops: :oops:

Post by Guest » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 4:46 pm

My God! The last round is suc a killer!!

M, dun be too upset! Will u try again? Now that u have more or less learnt something? U r gd that u made it to the last interview? Did u attend the tea party?