Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jovealho

I am NEW Here

Postby jovealho » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 4:48 pm

Hi everyone,
I am new here. Anyway, I am going for tom interview also...heheh...But SCARED :cry:

Hopeless

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby Hopeless » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 4:53 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Hopeless,

Yup, i'm a S'porean.. In fact, i got the mail only today. I guess i'm really really fortunate to squeeze in to the interview slots... :)


Hey... all the best in ur interview tomorrow ya! Must give ur best shot!
And keep Paige and me update on any developments..... :)

Toori

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby Toori » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks Hopeless & I'll keep u girls updated tom.. :)


Hopeless wrote:
Toori wrote:Hi Hopeless,

Yup, i'm a S'porean.. In fact, i got the mail only today. I guess i'm really really fortunate to squeeze in to the interview slots... :)


Hey... all the best in ur interview tomorrow ya! Must give ur best shot!
And keep Paige and me update on any developments..... :)

Paige

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby Paige » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 6:25 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Paige,

I really hope ur invitation will be on the way..

In any case, Paige, dun give up hope, try again the next recruitment (which i proberbly would join u too!)

Stay in touch :)

Paige wrote:
Hi Torri,

I didn't receive any email or call from SIA.. I guess no chance already... :cry:


Hey Torri!
All the best for your interview 2moro! What time izit? dun worry, you will not join me for the next interview lah.. You will definately get thru.. I have confidence in you! :wink: since you had prayed so hard and got shortlisted!
Keep me update k?
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

jkdf hjfdjflkj vflvb

help

Postby jkdf hjfdjflkj vflvb » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 8:50 pm

heyz...want to ask ur some question...wish ur can help me sincerelly...i am a gal from china..17 years onli now .me now stil holing on the student pass,not PR or either singaporean...will sia accept me? and what kind of cert do i need to hav? coz i think my family couldnt afford me to study in jc...so?plis give some advise..

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 9:15 pm

U do not qualify, simply because u dont meet the requirements.

First, u need A'level or a local diploma from poly.
Secondly, u r too young.
Thirdly, i dont tink SIa will recruit pple from china.

Even if they do, the education qualification for foreigners are usually higher. Eg, a degree.

Toori

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby Toori » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 9:52 pm

Hi Paige,

My interview's slot will be at 12noon. Thanks for ur wishes & i'll definitely keep ya posted!

i'll also pray hard too :D

Paige wrote:
Hey Torri!
All the best for your interview 2moro! What time izit? dun worry, you will not join me for the next interview lah.. You will definately get thru.. I have confidence in you! :wink: since you had prayed so hard and got shortlisted!
Keep me update k?
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

silly

Postby silly » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:06 pm

Hi M!

How was your mgtm interview & tea party today? Update us?!

Rosey

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby Rosey » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:15 pm

FAwannabe wrote:
Rosey wrote:
Tori wrote:Firstly.... Congrats to Paige!! Hopefully another gd news will come along tom, lets keep our finger crossed :wink:

Thanks silly too, always keeping us positive. So gals, we got ONE more day of hope, hee... :lol:

Worse come to worse, we'll send in for next recruitment again, but guess we have to do it very very early the next round :)


silly wrote:tori, paige, and whoever who hafnt received invites for this weekend,

Trust me on this. I received mine on a Thursday, to go for interview on a Sunday. I would really say watch out for tom, and only if dont receive tom, then maybe realistically, then really no hope for this round.

Hi all ,
Very interesting info posted here .
Juz wan to share wif everyone . Dun give up hope . Try your best and good luck .
I received an invitation for the interview for this Saturday 30/07/2005 at 10 40hrs . Timing kindda inconvenient as I need to rush off to work after the interview . On afternoon shift that day . Yikes !! Still thinking whether to go or not .
Anyway , kindda caught off guard . Sent in my application during the June advertisements . Thought my chances are over as the interviews were scheduled for 2nd & 3rd July . Didn't receive any invitations then . Thought have to apply again the next round . Sekali , last week , was surprised to find the invitation for this week in my e-mail . Haha ! Suspect I'll be joining the group of Malaysian applicants as SQ had a Malaysian recruitment recently .
So I think SQ can just bomb U with an invitation anytime as they carry out interviews all the time due to the recruitment for different nationalities . Or maybe they couldn't find the ideal people they are looking for in the initial interviews , so they decided to extend their 'search' to those who haven't been invited .
Whatever the case , I wish goodluck and all the best to everyone who's trying out for the job or intending to try for it . May U snag the job of our dreams .
P/s : Dun think I'll get far in the interviews lah . Small panda eyes , big sized , too old , yucky skin , can't talk , don't know how to dress properly ....etc....Hahaha ! But juz for the experience . If can get through , means the pigs can fly . But at least next time when I'm old and looking back , don't need to say "I wish I had tried."
Once again , GOODLUCK to all !!
Cheers!


Too old? How old are you? :)

26 years old

eliza

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Postby eliza » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 2:18 am

Rosey wrote:
FAwannabe wrote:
Rosey wrote:
Tori wrote:Firstly.... Congrats to Paige!! Hopefully another gd news will come along tom, lets keep our finger crossed :wink:

Thanks silly too, always keeping us positive. So gals, we got ONE more day of hope, hee... :lol:

Worse come to worse, we'll send in for next recruitment again, but guess we have to do it very very early the next round :)


silly wrote:tori, paige, and whoever who hafnt received invites for this weekend,

Trust me on this. I received mine on a Thursday, to go for interview on a Sunday. I would really say watch out for tom, and only if dont receive tom, then maybe realistically, then really no hope for this round.

Hi all ,
Very interesting info posted here .
Juz wan to share wif everyone . Dun give up hope . Try your best and good luck .
I received an invitation for the interview for this Saturday 30/07/2005 at 10 40hrs . Timing kindda inconvenient as I need to rush off to work after the interview . On afternoon shift that day . Yikes !! Still thinking whether to go or not .
Anyway , kindda caught off guard . Sent in my application during the June advertisements . Thought my chances are over as the interviews were scheduled for 2nd & 3rd July . Didn't receive any invitations then . Thought have to apply again the next round . Sekali , last week , was surprised to find the invitation for this week in my e-mail . Haha ! Suspect I'll be joining the group of Malaysian applicants as SQ had a Malaysian recruitment recently .
So I think SQ can just bomb U with an invitation anytime as they carry out interviews all the time due to the recruitment for different nationalities . Or maybe they couldn't find the ideal people they are looking for in the initial interviews , so they decided to extend their 'search' to those who haven't been invited .
Whatever the case , I wish goodluck and all the best to everyone who's trying out for the job or intending to try for it . May U snag the job of our dreams .
P/s : Dun think I'll get far in the interviews lah . Small panda eyes , big sized , too old , yucky skin , can't talk , don't know how to dress properly ....etc....Hahaha ! But juz for the experience . If can get through , means the pigs can fly . But at least next time when I'm old and looking back , don't need to say "I wish I had tried."
Once again , GOODLUCK to all !!
Cheers!


Too old? How old are you? :)

26 years old


hi Rosey,

26 is not old... =) there girls who are 26,27,28,29 who are recruited by SIA as trainees, so u are not old. don't worry, as long as u are under 30, u still can apply to be a stewardess. :)

jesjes

good luck gal

Postby jesjes » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 8:26 am

i was unsucessful the other times so really hope u gals can get in... All the best

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 1:15 pm

what type of questions do they usually ask during the interview? my friend went for the sia interview and was given a senario on the plane asking her what she will do under the circumstances.

Toori

Postby Toori » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 3:30 pm

Hi Paige & Hopeless..

Guess i'll have to join u gals the next round. This time i didn't even make it thrgh the first round... Sorry to disappoint u gals :(

BUT, i went to today's Emirates interview & was shortlisted to the next round, hee... :)

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 3:32 pm

hey toori...

how was the emirates interview today?

care to share your experience with us??

Rian
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Rian » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 3:35 pm

hey toori, the previous msg is from me...

care to share your experience??


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests