Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:46 am

dyeo wrote: lucky you! so how many cans of hairspray do you need for one hairdo? lol. SIA girls' hair are always thick and hard like rock!
LOL, one can of hairspray can last quite long... anyway its better to use gel as spray is damaging to the hair and everyone spray like its FREE. ya, we make sure every strand is in place ;) when are you starting training at STC?
SIA ♥♥

dyeo

Post by dyeo » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:57 am

rebeccacious wrote:
LOL, one can of hairspray can last quite long... anyway its better to use gel as spray is damaging to the hair and everyone spray like its FREE. ya, we make sure every strand is in place ;) when are you starting training at STC?
hey no, i havent even went through the interview. hahaha. i was just curious.
wonder when the next interview will be held : /
anyway, im sure you're enjoying every bit of the training! :) thanks for filling me with so much details.hahahha

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 4:04 am

rebeccacious wrote:
dyeo wrote: ouch. so the 11 of them had to cut their hair short?? i thought it's like a 1 beautician to 1 girl.

any interesting stories/incidents to share? : D
Nope, its one beautician for the whole STC lol. Yup... only a handful of girls can keep their locks, I'm one of them, hehe. Haha... its not really interesting being told to cut your long hair! And you've no choice...
OMG. Really?? How short?:/
Hope I'm as lucky as u ..

marshmellies

Post by marshmellies » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 4:49 am

@Rebecca : hey .. Could it be because your hair looks good(I.e healthy, beautiful, etc) that's why they choose u and a few others over the less fortunate ones?

:)

hadnot

Post by hadnot » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 9:47 am

aircastles wrote:@hadnot

hey hadnot! congratulations on passing your medical. I'm not sure how long they would hold your application. As of now, those who have not gotten a call from M aren't really considered "employed" yet or are our applications accepted.

I can tell you how long I've been waiting though :) mm.. about 4.5 months?

hope that helps? :)
Hey aircastles, thanks for the prompt reply! :D

I ORD on 17 Sept but Mary called and told me that my training date is on the 28 Sept, and i am suppose to go down before this date to submit my COS and stuffs. But i am thinking of VES so i might need some buffer time before i can start training.

I went for the 7 Aug interview. Was thinking if i could maybe request for a late nov training date :|

aircastles

Post by aircastles » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 1:28 pm

@Spiky

No worries :) all the best yeah!

@hadnot

!! oh wow. how did you get a training date so early? I haven't even gotten a call from her even though my ORD is slightly earlier than yours. crap. now I'm worrieddd. :shock: would you mind if I asked you some stuff outside of the forum? I'll see if I can send a pm :)

second shock is.. VES?? whyyy? hahaha :)

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 6:43 pm

hey hadnot! congratulations on passing your medical. I'm not sure how long they would hold your application. As of now, those who have not gotten a call from M aren't really considered "employed" yet or are our applications accepted.

i waited for 5 months! luckily they still needed me. ;)

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 9:32 pm

marshmellies wrote:@Rebecca : hey .. Could it be because your hair looks good(I.e healthy, beautiful, etc) that's why they choose u and a few others over the less fortunate ones?

:)
Nope, its based on your face shape and your ears... etc. :)
SIA ♥♥

rain_yeo

Post by rain_yeo » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 9:49 pm

hadnot wrote:

I ORD on 17 Sept but Mary called and told me that my training date is on the 28 Sept, and i am suppose to go down before this date to submit my COS and stuffs. But i am thinking of VES so i might need some buffer time before i can start training.

I went for the 7 Aug interview. Was thinking if i could maybe request for a late nov training date :|

I'm also shocked to hear a VES! did you have any issues when you went for your medical? Cos I had the clinic call me 2 days after my medical so I'm anxious to know whether I will be called by Mary.

Spiky

Post by Spiky » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:22 pm

aircastles wrote:@Spiky

No worries :) all the best yeah!

@hadnot

!! oh wow. how did you get a training date so early? I haven't even gotten a call from her even though my ORD is slightly earlier than yours. crap. now I'm worrieddd. :shock: would you mind if I asked you some stuff outside of the forum? I'll see if I can send a pm :)

second shock is.. VES?? whyyy? hahaha :)
Congrats hadnot on the training date!
talking about that i have my cos ready and have emailed her. I'm still waiting for her to call me to submit the cos. Haiz...

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 2:39 pm

hadnot wrote:

dun worry, u can start on nov, but make sure u inform them ur situation.
i walked in on march and sept only i start my training.

observer-

Post by observer- » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 3:29 pm

hadnot wrote:

oh gosh, im sorry but im a newbie. what are ORD COS and VES? :oops: anyway i went for the cabin crew interview on 31st july in Penang and completed my medical checkups and sent all the necessary docs by the 3rd August. Haven't received any call yet :(

Quite worried though since some of you guys went for the 8 August interview but have already contacted by SIA.

Lord40892

Post by Lord40892 » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:49 pm

observer- wrote:
hadnot wrote:

oh gosh, im sorry but im a newbie. what are ORD COS and VES? :oops: anyway i went for the cabin crew interview on 31st july in Penang and completed my medical checkups and sent all the necessary docs by the 3rd August. Haven't received any call yet :(

Quite worried though since some of you guys went for the 8 August interview but have already contacted by SIA.
dun worry. cuz malaysian need to wait for work pass approval then only SIA will contact u. it's different from sg citizen/ pr . :)

just wait. work pass approval take 3 weeks . so u should prepared to wait for 2-3 weeks for the call.

hadnot

Post by hadnot » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:03 pm

@rain_yeo

had no issues with medical eh. saw the doc circled fit for employment and did not receive any calls thereafter.

@aircastles

sure but i cant't pm here due to insufficient post (i think :|)

VES because i feel the responsibility in handing down my duties diligently. :)

@ Lord40892

thanks! i really do hope they can wait, because everything is so uncertain!

alexis19

Post by alexis19 » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:14 am

Anyone starting training on 13th sept ? :D