Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
12017174crew
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 13 Jul 2010

Postby 12017174crew » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 7:25 pm

slimslee wrote:@12017174crew

overall it was OK..but I had an op like over 10yrs ago so doctor ask me to go find the discharge letter from the hospital...hmm, she also wrote me a memo to get it from the hospital records. I went and paid $80 for it to retrieve it..but they said they need like about 1mth, coz it's a 10yr old case! So long! well, I will be going home to search my whole place...coz by right, my training starts on the 19th Aug!!!



Oh.. how come you already gotten the training date?

dydy
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby dydy » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:21 pm

slimslee wrote:@12017174crew

overall it was OK..but I had an op like over 10yrs ago so doctor ask me to go find the discharge letter from the hospital...hmm, she also wrote me a memo to get it from the hospital records. I went and paid $80 for it to retrieve it..but they said they need like about 1mth, coz it's a 10yr old case! So long! well, I will be going home to search my whole place...coz by right, my training starts on the 19th Aug!!!


How did they know about your operation 10 years ago?! You declared?

slimslee
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby slimslee » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:29 pm

@dydy

hey... hmm,yes i declared..but aniway, the scar is pretty long, from the belly button onwards.. .. so they might find out if I didnt declare.
But its ok..cos I alrd fully recovered fr the operation, no complications etc...so everythin shd be fine once they see the discharge letter :)

slimslee
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Postby slimslee » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:34 pm

@lina192

hmm, i would think its not considered as a min requirement to them...becos they need a certified diploma from a tertiary school and not a diploma in the interests you have. :)

enen1605
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 Jul 2010
Contact:

Postby enen1605 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:17 pm

so sad. so unfair =(

For Singaporean or Malaysian only need O level or Diploma.

For Foreigner must need Degree.

User avatar
mouse
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue, 27 Sep 2005

Postby mouse » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:19 pm

enen1605 wrote:so sad. so unfair =(

For Singaporean or Malaysian only need O level or Diploma.

For Foreigner must need Degree.


Actually it's not unfair cos they must make sure Foreigners must have a good level of English and hence, a degree is essential for applicants :)

enen1605
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 27 Jul 2010
Contact:

Postby enen1605 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:20 pm

but i'm so exceptional. educated in singapore since super super young. just that LKY dont want give me PR only. =(

marshmellies
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2010

Postby marshmellies » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:40 pm

slimslee wrote:@mframe

it's at Paragon shopping centre @ Orchard...which is next to Lucky Plaza.
Then the Lift Lobby is all the way at the back...on the left...it's called Medical Lift Lobby

It's already packed before the clinic opens in the morning so you might wanna go at 820am...or about 145pm because the clinic closes from 1-2pm for lunch break.

Hope it helps!


hey slimslee, thanks for sharing.. btw, what do they check during the medical? and do you get to know on the spot whether you're physically fit for the job or do they send the blood/urine samples for lab test? thanks so much! =)

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2009
Location: SG

Postby rebeccacious » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:55 pm

marshmellies wrote:hey slimslee, thanks for sharing.. btw, what do they check during the medical? and do you get to know on the spot whether you're physically fit for the job or do they send the blood/urine samples for lab test? thanks so much! =)


hey babe, they don't tell you on the spot, the results are actually confidential and sent to SIA. there's height and weight, eye-check, x-ray, urine test, doctor check-up and the doctor checks for flat-foot too. there's no blood test. the results of the medical are immediate. :)
SIA ♥♥

marshmellies
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2010

Postby marshmellies » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:57 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
marshmellies wrote:hey slimslee, thanks for sharing.. btw, what do they check during the medical? and do you get to know on the spot whether you're physically fit for the job or do they send the blood/urine samples for lab test? thanks so much! =)


hey babe, they don't tell you on the spot, the results are actually confidential and sent to SIA. there's height and weight, eye-check, x-ray, urine test, doctor check-up and the doctor checks for flat-foot too. there's no blood test. the results of the medical are immediate. :)


i see.. thanks! :)

vessy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2008

Postby vessy » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:45 am

TKWS wrote:@cherrymints; although I'm a guy, I can still understand how you feel. Cause I failed my medical and it wasn't easy for me to accept it. Don't worry, you can try again cause you already know you have what it takes as you made it through the management round. Maybe you should ask your friends if they see anything wrong when you walk and try to correct it from there:) Let's not give up and try again:))


hello TKWS, just wanna ask some stuff about the medical. why did you fail did you know? are you going to try again?

coz i'm thinking whether i should try out as a cabin crew, i'm a wee bit deaf in one ear i think, and some more it looks pointy, haha.

there was a hearing test right? what did they ask you to do?

runaway
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 13 Jul 2010

Postby runaway » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:51 am

vessy - i understand how u felt, no hearing test. i am absolutely sure.

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006

Postby harajukugirl » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 3:14 am

all the best to those doing medical! :D

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed, 18 Oct 2006

Postby harajukugirl » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 3:15 am

question for CC trainees: do we need to tie our hair into a bun when going down to sign bond? or is it okay to let the hair down?

TKWS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 21 Jul 2010

Postby TKWS » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 8:31 am

Hi vessy :) I failed cause my blood pressure was a little high at that time. There wasn't any hearing tests if i'm not wrong. I think you can go try it out cause you'll never know. Then you'll not regret right? Don't give up, unless they tell you not to go :) FYI, i'll be trying my luck again after sometime.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests