Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Fudz

Postby Fudz » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 8:59 pm

@hamham

Instead of mailing it back to them.. can I just bring along the signed copy and pass it to them when I'm going down to the HR to sign the deed of covenant with my surety? Or is it a must to mail it back?

xykelle

Postby xykelle » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:00 pm

hello faithlcs and hamham, im in 24/10 too! :D

slimslee

Postby slimslee » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:32 pm

@cheesecake_

Hey babe! So can I ask, you're saying ur 157.5cm but you got in? Can I ask which date of interview did u went? And how many times did u try?

cheesecake_

Postby cheesecake_ » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:31 am

cappucinochips: the touch test is quite easy. you can tip toe and stretch your arm to touch the red line. if you can touch the first red line, you pass. is a must if you're below height requirement i think?

slimslee and candytuft: i think i'm shorter than 157cm. they didn't tell me my exact height but i think i'm around 156 to 157cm. twice, 26/6 and the may one.

runaway

Postby runaway » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 4:08 am

what is the dress code for ladies @ STC?

louispoh

Postby louispoh » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:57 am

Anyone went for the interview and will only be available on mid sept?

cheesecake_

Postby cheesecake_ » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 1:15 pm

runaway wrote:what is the dress code for ladies @ STC?

Formal, with hair bun up. Mary will email you a copy of grooming standards. :D

Faithlcs

Postby Faithlcs » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 1:17 pm

Hello, hamham and xykelle.. My fb email is puppyluff_89@hotmail.com. Pls add me!! Thanks.. 

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Postby rebeccacious » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 2:16 pm

daNielVii wrote:Does any1 have any idea how many hrs a cabin crew clock in a month???a minimal or an avg?

You'll find out once you've started training and received the cabin crew foundations file, all the information is inside. No point worrying about it now! :)
SIA ♥♥

slimslee

Postby slimslee » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 3:47 pm

@cheesecake

Hey! Thanks for replying me!
So can I ask, did u actually take the height test or only the reach test?? When I took the height test, the lady told me I'm 157cm n just said I don't meet the minimum requirement!! N she didn't even let me try the reach test which I DEFINITELY can reach, even for the 2nd red line becos my arms are very long. And actually I'm
157.5cm! So were u taken of ur height test or just directly asked to do the reach test??
I'm soo motivated by ur experience now and I have been working very hard to do lots of stretching & jumping!

PerRy1007

Salary

Postby PerRy1007 » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 4:36 pm

daNielVii wrote:any current crew member can advise on how the salary is being calculated???? juz gotten the employment letter...

daNielVii- for dipl= $1200, for degree is $1300/1350. U will have transport, inflight allowances and laundry allowances and this is given on every 21th everymonth. the rest is our flying allowance depends on which destination u r flying and this is given every week.. All newbies will only be trained for 777 a/c, after u're J class trained then u will be trained for 330 a/c and 380 a/c.

hamham

Postby hamham » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 5:25 pm

Fudz wrote:@hamham

Instead of mailing it back to them.. can I just bring along the signed copy and pass it to them when I'm going down to the HR to sign the deed of covenant with my surety? Or is it a must to mail it back?

I guess its a must.

hamham

Postby hamham » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 5:25 pm

Faithlcs wrote:Hello, hamham and xykelle.. My fb email is puppyluff_89@hotmail.com. Pls add me!! Thanks.. 

added you! :)

PerRy1007

Salary

Postby PerRy1007 » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 10:23 pm

wisdom&courage--> i cant reply cuz not enuff post. no, its excl. of transport n laundry. that is ur basic salary.

cheesecake_

Postby cheesecake_ » Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:31 pm

slimslee wrote:@cheesecake

Hey! Thanks for replying me!
So can I ask, did u actually take the height test or only the reach test?? When I took the height test, the lady told me I'm 157cm n just said I don't meet the minimum requirement!! N she didn't even let me try the reach test which I DEFINITELY can reach, even for the 2nd red line becos my arms are very long. And actually I'm
157.5cm! So were u taken of ur height test or just directly asked to do the reach test??
I'm soo motivated by ur experience now and I have been working very hard to do lots of stretching & jumping!

i took both tests. she told me i didn't meet the height requirement but she say it's okay and ask me to proceed to the touch test. good luck for the interview dear! and be nice to the lady measuring your height, smile more!