Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
candytuft
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby candytuft » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:36 am

cappucinochips wrote:@candytuft

hey i heard some pte diplomas can be accepted though...what's your course of study? u got a credit in o level english?

why not go try it out first, you'll never know if you get lucky.

Btw, I'm in abt the same height category as yours. hehe. 156.5-157... the height requirement might be a tough hurdle but i'll do some stretching hehe maybe it'll make me taller ^^ and wear a hairband or bun to add that extra 0.5-1cm. :P


my diploma is from APMI Kaplan. i took hospitality & tourism management and yes, i got a credit in 'O' level English.

did you get in?

coccopie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 15 Jul 2010

Postby coccopie » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:42 pm

mine is on 23 aug. good luck to the rest! :)

folkiepokie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 09 Jul 2010

Postby folkiepokie » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:46 pm

@coccopie: ur training commence on 23 aug? Mary called u recently?...
[-o< that she will call the rest of us soon....

vivivalentine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 04 Jul 2010

Postby vivivalentine » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 2:50 pm

hello hello! for those who are still waiting, don't despair... i just got the call from mary!! :D

vivivalentine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 04 Jul 2010

Postby vivivalentine » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 3:39 pm

okay just a little timeline to give some hope to others! :)

29th June: Medical (had to go for 2nd check-up)
6th July: Submit specialist report to clinic
15th July: Got the call from Mary!
Notice period: immediate.

To all those still waiting, hang in there, you will get the call soon! :D

User avatar
Angelme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby Angelme » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 5:20 pm

Anyone else that commerce on 10 Aug?

vivivalentine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 04 Jul 2010

Postby vivivalentine » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 5:56 pm

Oh yes anyone else starting on 16th Aug? Please PM me!! :)

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 9:30 pm

Eh!!! OMG so many new trainees! Can't wait to see everyone at STC, training's not gonna be an easy ride, but I can guarantee you all will have fun with your batch mates.

I think tomorrow there's a new batch and then subsequently every week there'll be at least one new batch. How exciting!!! Woots!

marchingkitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2010
Location: singapore

Postby marchingkitty » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:57 pm

hamham wrote:marchingkitty: I waited for about a week for the e-mail

thanks hamham !
i can, I will

User avatar
cappucinochips
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby cappucinochips » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:59 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
cappucinochips wrote:@candytuft

hey i heard some pte diplomas can be accepted though...what's your course of study? u got a credit in o level english?

why not go try it out first, you'll never know if you get lucky.

Btw, I'm in abt the same height category as yours. hehe. 156.5-157... the height requirement might be a tough hurdle but i'll do some stretching hehe maybe it'll make me taller ^^ and wear a hairband or bun to add that extra 0.5-1cm. :P


when your height is being taken, u will asked to remove hairband (if u are wearing one). :?


ohhkay.. well then u think i shld still try :/ sigh. i heard of some ppl who're 157 getting exceptions, i dont know how they actually do it..

User avatar
cappucinochips
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby cappucinochips » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:06 am

candytuft wrote:
cappucinochips wrote:@candytuft

hey i heard some pte diplomas can be accepted though...what's your course of study? u got a credit in o level english?

why not go try it out first, you'll never know if you get lucky.

Btw, I'm in abt the same height category as yours. hehe. 156.5-157... the height requirement might be a tough hurdle but i'll do some stretching hehe maybe it'll make me taller ^^ and wear a hairband or bun to add that extra 0.5-1cm. :P


my diploma is from APMI Kaplan. i took hospitality & tourism management and yes, i got a credit in 'O' level English.

did you get in?


no babe i havent tried yet.. i'm thinking of going for the 7th aug one.. or maybe write in / send in my app form? maybe you can do that too, if you're not very sure they will accept your pte dip.

tiffanybean
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 16 Jul 2010

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby tiffanybean » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 4:30 am

cappucinochips wrote:ohhkay.. well then u think i shld still try :/ sigh. i heard of some ppl who're 157 getting exceptions, i dont know how they actually do it..


Hey darling, i think the interviewers have very very veryyyyy sharp eyes. I believe there will be no exceptions as there is someone who got booted out in my group when there is only a 0.5cm difference. she was asked to take out her bun on the spot because she tied it quite high up. :(

But well, just give it a try, u never know! Anyway, i heard that we will be slightly a little taller in the morning compared to in the afternoon because our bones will contract so go earlier!!!! haha!

candytuft
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby candytuft » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 8:07 am

I wrote in twice. Thinking of going down on the 7th.

User avatar
cappucinochips
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby cappucinochips » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 9:54 am

tiffanybean wrote:
cappucinochips wrote:ohhkay.. well then u think i shld still try :/ sigh. i heard of some ppl who're 157 getting exceptions, i dont know how they actually do it..


Hey darling, i think the interviewers have very very veryyyyy sharp eyes. I believe there will be no exceptions as there is someone who got booted out in my group when there is only a 0.5cm difference. she was asked to take out her bun on the spot because she tied it quite high up. :(

But well, just give it a try, u never know! Anyway, i heard that we will be slightly a little taller in the morning compared to in the afternoon because our bones will contract so go earlier!!!! haha!


oh my goodness :o I just took my height this morning and I'm finally 158!
This is really cool... thanks for telling me that, hehe..

So did you make it for that interview? Mind sharing your experience a bit ^^

zhi19888
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 06 Jul 2010

Re: sia cabin crew

Postby zhi19888 » Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:54 am

[quote="tiffanybean"][quote="cappucinochips"]
I believe there will be no exceptions as there is someone who got booted out in my group when there is only a 0.5cm difference. she was asked to take out her bun on the spot because she tied it quite high up. :(

i think i know who you talking about. are you in 1 of the morning slots on the management round interview?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest