Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlina

Post by jerlina » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:15 pm

Hi there, I need some advices. I'm awaiting to go for my medical checkup this week but I'm currently studying part time with UniSim, and I've to make school fee payment for the next semester within the whole of next week.

The dilemma now is I am not sure if I should go ahead with the deferment now so that I would not have to make any school fee payment, but on the other hand, I still have a checkup to clear before I can be an offical trainee.

I am really stucked with this, hardly get to sleep well ever since I cleared the final round, thinking of the best solution or way out.

Would really appreciate any advices given here.

Thank you so much for those who spend their time reading this long post.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:47 pm

Hey guys.. I have a question.. I applied for the cabin crew position using my o level certificate and I managed to go through all the rounds, passed my medical and currently waiting for a call from HR for my training date. my dilemma is that, during the pre employment briefing, I stated that my highest qualification is a diploma, which I think I am not able to pass... do you guys think that they might reject me on that basis? Or will they ignore that and consider my o level certification.

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:50 pm

underdog wrote:Hey guys.. I have a question.. I applied for the cabin crew position using my o level certificate and I managed to go through all the rounds, passed my medical and currently waiting for a call from HR for my training date. my dilemma is that, during the pre employment briefing, I stated that my highest qualification is a diploma, which I think I am not able to pass... do you guys think that they might reject me on that basis? Or will they ignore that and consider my o level certification.
Are you the 26june intake? likely they'll just let you thru? hopefully :p

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:39 am

anyone knows how long before they let us know about our medical results? so anxious waiting like this! any crew in sq knows the approx waiting time? i feel like quitting my current job now because i need to serve 1 months notice. dilemma!

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 1:36 am

anyone has any idea if Silkair (or SIA) accept married women?
N i do have like 2 light small patched of pigmentation on my face which can be reduced w concealer(but not totally hidden), how high are the chances i will get booted? LOL
Grateful if anyone can answer my questions! Thanks!

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 1:42 am

rebeccacious wrote:anyone knows how long before they let us know about our medical results? so anxious waiting like this! any crew in sq knows the approx waiting time? i feel like quitting my current job now because i need to serve 1 months notice. dilemma!
sister, i think i did post this not long ago, saying dat they will call u all in abt 1 to 2 weeks time.

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 1:45 am

dimensionspectrum wrote:anyone has any idea if Silkair (or SIA) accept married women?
N i do have like 2 light small patched of pigmentation on my face which can be reduced w concealer(but not totally hidden), how high are the chances i will get booted? LOL
Grateful if anyone can answer my questions! Thanks!
they do have married women in MI and SQ. there are even mothers. regarding your skin pigmentation, you have to go interview to see if they accept. No one here can confirm whether your chance are high or low.. we are not interviwers tat interview u.. :wink:

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular

Post by crunkbabee » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 8:31 am

JENY wrote:@crunkbabee
thanks alot..i ws looking fo such reply.can you help me by telling kinds of topic they want candidates to discuss??Like the other group in mgmnt round ..what they asked them.

Thnks!! :lol:
well, our topics were given by the interviewers themselves..they discussed about job satisfaction vs money..as for the rest of the grps, i am not too sure..

CelesteNg

Post by CelesteNg » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:47 am

i went to 26th Jun interview as well...but i failed in grd 1...so sad :(

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:36 pm

rebeccacious wrote:anyone knows how long before they let us know about our medical results? so anxious waiting like this! any crew in sq knows the approx waiting time? i feel like quitting my current job now because i need to serve 1 months notice. dilemma!
Hello! I had the same thought as u. I cleared the management rd on Sunday. So happy but still gotta wait for the medical check up result. I heard from a friend that it is usually 1 month. If they call you within a week after your check up, 80% is cos you did not managed to clear the check up. I am going for the check up tml afternoon (:

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 3:40 pm

wisdom&courage wrote: Hello! I had the same thought as u. I cleared the management rd on Sunday. So happy but still gotta wait for the medical check up result. I heard from a friend that it is usually 1 month. If they call you within a week after your check up, 80% is cos you did not managed to clear the check up. I am going for the check up tml afternoon (:
hey! one month is a looooong time! i heard if they call you the next day after your medical checkup means you need to do scan again, if they didn't call means all-clear. hopefully they will speed things up and call us in a week? fingers crossed* the anxiety is killing me!

jerlina

Post by jerlina » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 8:52 pm

Hi, would like to ask those who are waiting for the training, the trainings are held from monday to friday (8am to 5pm), am i right?

As I have plans of finishing a semester for my study while training for that 4 months.

Thank you in advance for any kind reply.

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:35 pm

This thread seems alil dead compared to say six months back! Where've all the enthu cabin crew wannabe gone to ! : <

Anyway those who attended 26 June interview, some mentioned there could be interview next month..?

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:32 am

jerlina wrote:Hi, would like to ask those who are waiting for the training, the trainings are held from monday to friday (8am to 5pm), am i right?

As I have plans of finishing a semester for my study while training for that 4 months.

Thank you in advance for any kind reply.
training is mon to fri 8.30am to 5.30pm. if u cant make it, u need to tell them. everyday we learn different things. Is important that we do not skip or take mc on any of the days as they wont repeat and is all different trainer. I will sugguest that you be honest with them regarding your avaliability. :)

tangeve
Regular
Regular

Post by tangeve » Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:19 am

yellowpig wrote:This thread seems alil dead compared to say six months back! Where've all the enthu cabin crew wannabe gone to ! : <

Anyway those who attended 26 June interview, some mentioned there could be interview next month..?
Haha! Yeah but havent pass medical so all still quite worried! :(