Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 09 May 2010

Postby 100 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:16 am

artsan wrote:
roxysquare88 wrote:same as artsan, we have just received the call fr HR to start on 28 Jun! Yipee~ Finally I can have good night sleep.


I'm so friggin' elated earlier that I forgot to post here. Drats, roxysquare88!!! We're batchies, can't believe it.

Okay, so Mary said the snail mail (containing the contract) will be sent within 2 weeks (so long?) And the email (containing the surety forms and whatnots) will be sent nearing the training date.

I'm hoping the snail mail comes by end of this week. Can't wait to smell the letterheads, woohoo!


hi artsan & all cc soon to be, would u mind to share wat r the topics being discussed in the mgt round? Appreciate the help, tks :)

underdog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 08 Jun 2010

Postby underdog » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:00 pm

Hey ya'lls.. Been reading up on this forum alot.. first of al, I would like to congratulate the successful applicants who've made it through, but for those who were'nt so lucky, i admire your courage and determination, and would suggest that ya'll try again.

Anyways, I went for the medical check up on the 8th of may, and till now, i havent received any rejection letter nor calls from SIA regarding my medical examination result. I'm really worried. Although I stated that I'm available in early-mid August. You guys think thats why? Or does SIA reject applicants without informing them..? Will SIA inform applicants on their medical results via a call? please help..

Cheers.

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:34 pm

Girashley wrote:100: Are you malaysian or singaporean?
Do they take in singaporean for the JB interview? Is Singaporean allowed to attend the walk-in in malaysia?


Girashley, as per the SIA website, it seems that the criteria is Malaysian citizenship. Don't think they'll allow Singaporeans (or any other nationality, for the matter) to apply for the Malaysia walk-ins.

If you're a Singaporean, you may wish to wait for about another month or two. Yup.

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:43 pm

underdog wrote:Hey ya'lls.. Been reading up on this forum alot.. first of al, I would like to congratulate the successful applicants who've made it through, but for those who were'nt so lucky, i admire your courage and determination, and would suggest that ya'll try again.

Anyways, I went for the medical check up on the 8th of may, and till now, i havent received any rejection letter nor calls from SIA regarding my medical examination result. I'm really worried. Although I stated that I'm available in early-mid August. You guys think thats why? Or does SIA reject applicants without informing them..? Will SIA inform applicants on their medical results via a call? please help..

Cheers.


Underdog, I just PMed you.

underdog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 08 Jun 2010

Postby underdog » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 1:03 pm

artsan wrote:
underdog wrote:Hey ya'lls.. Been reading up on this forum alot.. first of al, I would like to congratulate the successful applicants who've made it through, but for those who were'nt so lucky, i admire your courage and determination, and would suggest that ya'll try again.

Anyways, I went for the medical check up on the 8th of may, and till now, i havent received any rejection letter nor calls from SIA regarding my medical examination result. I'm really worried. Although I stated that I'm available in early-mid August. You guys think thats why? Or does SIA reject applicants without informing them..? Will SIA inform applicants on their medical results via a call? please help..

Cheers.


Underdog, I just PMed you.


Hey artsan, thanks for the prompt reply.. really appreciate your reply.. shall add you up on facebook..

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 1:57 pm

100 wrote:hi artsan & all cc soon to be, would u mind to share wat r the topics being discussed in the mgt round? Appreciate the help, tks :)


100, firstly, the setting of the management round is a faux oval-shape with 2 interviewers opposite 4 candidates (from my personal experience, not sure if it'll change.) The interviewers are extremely friendly, contrary to popular belief.

Topics vary, really, but mostly revolve around current affairs or pressing issues. Read the papers, it helps a whole lot. There's no point telling you the topics as you'll probably not be asked the same thing, but think along the lines of casinos in sg, natural disasters, and social problems seen in the news.

The wait for the management round is scary (especially when sitting outside the room/hall), but once you enter and settle down, the interviewers will be the most friendly ones you meet (compared to the other rounds.)

Try to smile more, you can even laugh at times, this will make yourself less tense (seriously) and I can assure you your laughter will linger in the interviewers' heads.

Yup, that's my two cents worth.

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 2:09 pm

Okay, this goes out to all those who start training on 28 June 2010.

If you are reading this and you do not already have my Facebook, please reply so that I can add you and keep in touch! So far, there's 5 of us who's in the loop. Hurry!
Last edited by artsan on Tue, 08 Jun 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 09 May 2010

Postby 100 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 4:01 pm

artsan wrote:
100 wrote:hi artsan & all cc soon to be, would u mind to share wat r the topics being discussed in the mgt round? Appreciate the help, tks :)


100, firstly, the setting of the management round is a faux oval-shape with 2 interviewers opposite 4 candidates (from my personal experience, not sure if it'll change.) The interviewers are extremely friendly, contrary to popular belief.

Topics vary, really, but m down, the interviewers will be the most friendly ones you meet (compared to the other rounds.)

hi artsan, you have been helpful. Is the topic discussed among the 4 candidates or presentation? Million thanks.

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 5:48 pm

100 wrote:hi artsan, you have been helpful. Is the topic discussed among the 4 candidates or presentation? Million thanks.


100, the topic will not be discussed prior. The interviewer will give a scenario, a minute for everyone to think about the situation, and one of the candidates will be asked to start the ball rolling. Yup.

100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 09 May 2010

Postby 100 » Tue, 08 Jun 2010 8:27 pm

artsan wrote:
100 wrote:hi artsan, you have been helpful. Is the topic discussed among the 4 candidates or presentation? Million thanks.


100, the topic will not be discussed prior. The interviewer will give a scenario, a minute for everyone to think about the situation, and one of the candidates will be asked to start the ball rolling. Yup.
t

artsan: million tks, other than the topic question, will the q which similiar to 1-1 round being asked too?

Gerashley: I m Malaysian thus I went to JB for the interview. Not sure if they allow Singaporean to walk in as my Singaporean friend actually wanted to try her luck but she eventually didn't try for it thus I can't give u the cfm answer, I am so sorry. However, I ever read from a blog, there was an Indonesian candidate went to the Sarawak interview and she was accepted. As fir whether she is holding Malaysian IC, this part I am not too sure.

roxysquare88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 18 May 2010

Postby roxysquare88 » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 5:21 am

artsan wrote:Okay, this goes out to all those who start training on 28 June 2010.

If you are reading this and you do not already have my Facebook, please reply so that I can add you and keep in touch! So far, there's 5 of us who's in the loop. Hurry!


At first I wasn't logged in, just wanted to come here and "see see look look".

Then I saw this call-out that you posted. I logged in immediately, so that I can tell you this:

Thank you man! You rock! =)

User avatar
artsan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 16 Jul 2007
Location: Eastern Singapore

Postby artsan » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:11 am

roxysquare88 wrote:At first I wasn't logged in, just wanted to come here and "see see look look".

Then I saw this call-out that you posted. I logged in immediately, so that I can tell you this:

Thank you man! You rock! =)


Haha! Yeah man. You're very much welcomed...! But seems like no one else really comes to this forum. I wonder if our batch has foreign candidates (read: Chinese, Malaysian, Indo). Hope Mary's snail mail comes before Friday!!!

underdog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 08 Jun 2010

Postby underdog » Wed, 09 Jun 2010 6:46 pm

Anyone got called up for August slots yet?

runninggear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 31 May 2010

Postby runninggear » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 2:02 pm

Mary just called me 5 mins ago.
My training is on 27th July! Those starting on tt date pls pm me (:

bananayogurt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 25 May 2010

Sia

Postby bananayogurt » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 5:39 pm

Haha anyone here still waiting for the call from Mary?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests