Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 9:38 pm

jusblaze wrote:I have a slight problem wit my leg but the report said that it is a minor problem tho and I have doctor's letter saying that I am fit for all duties.

Are they that stringent on the medical part?

Well, they did not state the reason for rejection in the letter though.

Any numbers whatsoever I could call to ask about stuff?


Sorry to hear it but you are wasting your time pursuing matters further. The airline's medical department have their own criteria which may or not be laid down by the authorities. Either way whatever your own doctor said may well be irrelevant. The other possibility is the decision was made by management and not the medical personnel - suffered the same myself years ago. Sorry just have to put it down to fate.
Last edited by Plavt on Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jusblaze
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 05 Apr 2010

Postby jusblaze » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 9:54 pm

farhanjunior wrote:
jusblaze wrote:Oh man I went through all the interviews, passed all the stages, went for the medical and now SIA sent me a letter saying that I am rejected.

I have a slight problem wit my leg but the report said that it is a minor problem tho and I have doctor's letter saying that I am fit for all duties.

Are they that stringent on the medical part?

Well, they did not state the reason for rejection in the letter though.

Any numbers whatsoever I could call to ask about stuff?


when did u received the rejection letter?


I recieved it yesterday. Went for the March 20th open. Kind of sucked pretty bad because they left me hanging for so long and then sent me a letter saying I was rejected when Im bout to ORD and need a job

jusblaze
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 05 Apr 2010

Postby jusblaze » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 9:58 pm

Plavt wrote:
jusblaze wrote:I have a slight problem wit my leg but the report said that it is a minor problem tho and I have doctor's letter saying that I am fit for all duties.

Are they that stringent on the medical part?

Well, they did not state the reason for rejection in the letter though.

Any numbers whatsoever I could call to ask about stuff?


Sorry to hear it but you are wasting your time pursuing matters further. The airline's own medical have their own criteria which may or not be laid down by the authorities. Either way whatever your own doctor said may well be irrelevant. The other possibility is the decision was made by management and not the medical personnel - suffered the same myself years ago. Sorry just have to put it down to fate.


Man that is cold as ice but its just hard having spent so much time on it and then getting positive answers only to get rejected.

Well, if anyone does have any contact number to provide me(PM or whatever), that would be great. I'll just give it a last shot because I am getting Up PES anyway, so wouldn't hurt trying

farhanjunior
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Location: singapore

Postby farhanjunior » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:48 pm

jusblaze wrote:
farhanjunior wrote:
jusblaze wrote:Oh man I went through all the interviews, passed all the stages, went for the medical and now SIA sent me a letter saying that I am rejected.

I have a slight problem wit my leg but the report said that it is a minor problem tho and I have doctor's letter saying that I am fit for all duties.

Are they that stringent on the medical part?

Well, they did not state the reason for rejection in the letter though.

Any numbers whatsoever I could call to ask about stuff?


when did u received the rejection letter?


I recieved it yesterday. Went for the March 20th open. Kind of sucked pretty bad because they left me hanging for so long and then sent me a letter saying I was rejected when Im bout to ORD and need a job


Cheer up bro. I feel u. Same here. I went for e 20th Walk-In but am still waiting for SIA's reply. Just wondering, were u referred to a specialist by the clinic or u went to see ur own doctor?

EmptyHope
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Feb 2009

Postby EmptyHope » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 7:34 am

Hey jusblaze ,
May i know what did they stated in the rejection letter ??
Did they write You didnt passed the medical standard or just saying you are not qualified ??

cosyz
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon, 26 Apr 2010

Postby cosyz » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:40 am

dydy wrote:
crunkbabee wrote:


Hi Sadrina!
Thanks for your well-wishes! (:

Yup! I'm left with the Mgt round, & if I pass that, the medical is next.

I alr went for my medical for Jetstar, so I'm still like, stuck in-between!
Lol! I hope SQ can email or call me soon already!



when is your mngt? i wish you all the best babe! i screwed my mngt up so i gotta wait for 6 mths :s 1 mth dwn..5 mre mths to go... i really hope you will get it! best of luck!! jiayou!!



Sadrina!

I've gotten notice for the mgt round.
It's next Thursday!

Any tips? (:

hey babe, how was ur management round? what kind of qns was posed?

jusblaze
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 05 Apr 2010

Postby jusblaze » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:42 am

farhanjunior wrote:
jusblaze wrote:
farhanjunior wrote:
jusblaze wrote:Oh man I went through all the interviews, passed all the stages, went for the medical and now SIA sent me a letter saying that I am rejected.

I have a slight problem wit my leg but the report said that it is a minor problem tho and I have doctor's letter saying that I am fit for all duties.

Are they that stringent on the medical part?

Well, they did not state the reason for rejection in the letter though.

Any numbers whatsoever I could call to ask about stuff?


when did u received the rejection letter?


I recieved it yesterday. Went for the March 20th open. Kind of sucked pretty bad because they left me hanging for so long and then sent me a letter saying I was rejected when Im bout to ORD and need a job


Cheer up bro. I feel u. Same here. I went for e 20th Walk-In but am still waiting for SIA's reply. Just wondering, were u referred to a specialist by the clinic or u went to see ur own doctor?


I went to the specialist that I usually go to in army because I have been seeing them since back in the days and now have been discharged already

serileong88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 25 Apr 2010

Postby serileong88 » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 1:05 pm

But is your leg alright? As in fully recovered?I used to have heart problem when I was young. However after operation, I am back to normal. Does it mean I am gone case too? :cry:

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby crunkbabee » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 2:24 pm

PYPI! you should go for the interview go go go! :)

MISSHER, good luck!!

dydy, how did your management round go?

pypi
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon, 08 Mar 2010

Postby pypi » Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:18 pm

crunkbabee wrote:PYPI! you should go for the interview go go go! :)

MISSHER, good luck!!

dydy, how did your management round go?


LOL! crunkababee, you shud go again too! lets go! haha.. ya im still considering.. hehe.. missher? see you there? =)

serileong88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 25 Apr 2010

Postby serileong88 » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:23 am

hey sarongpartygirl, unable to reply through inbox.I have not posted sufficient posts yet. I am not going down this 8 may interview but i am really interested to get into the cabin crew after my finals next year.

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby crunkbabee » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 8:14 am


LOL! crunkababee, you shud go again too! lets go! haha.. ya im still considering.. hehe.. missher? see you there? =)


PYPI! i would loveee to, but i cant i got to wait 6 mths my dear! hahahha. really hope they will have one in sept cus of the iceland volcanic ash crisis :(

amandababy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby amandababy » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 1:54 pm

I'm going! my 3rd attempt! wanna meet up and go together?

crystalshineshine
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 29 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Luke Tan

Postby crystalshineshine » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 7:09 pm

Hi there,

Has anybody been to his talk? Luke Tan.
is it really useful?

Thanks!

yeuh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 27 Apr 2010

Postby yeuh » Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:45 pm

m going also, very so nervous =( must brush up on my intro heh.... but thinking of backing out also, duno what to do.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest