Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mmt81

Post by mmt81 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:25 am

Hi CabinCrewKristine! I have been following your blog ever since I had my interview. I stumbed across your blog after my interview. Thanks for all the insights! Are you able to advise of my above enquiries?

I hope to meet work with you one day somewhere up in the skies! :-)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:18 am

mmt81 wrote:Hi Guys,

I cleared my medicals and was advised my training date is 3rd May and I am arrive singapore on the 26th April.

Some people mentioned that there is indeed another medical check upon arrival in singapore. Does another one know what this is for? and if it is another elimination round - even though SIA has confirmed I have cleared my medicals done in KL?

Also, does anyone who is currently in training know if uniform will be provided during training or must we bring our own? if so, what type of uniform is acceptable? Im just preparing my my relocation to singapore and I might buy all the uniform for training in KL before I go?

Last question, after training, does SIA provide us with luggage to use when we start our flying duties? or must we supply our own? If so, does SIA have a strict rule on which type - size, colour etc... of luggage is allowed?

Thanks for all your comments
Congrats! During training u may wear your own clothing. Uniforms are worn during flight.
No SIA does not provide luggage. U will be told of the guidelines regarding the sizes,colour etc of baggage u need to buy.

Have wonderful career flying with the world's best airline. :)

HENRYANG300

Things to prepare

Post by HENRYANG300 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 1:45 pm

Hi guys beside the introduction we must prepare first, are there any other things we need to get prepare first before the interview??? :???: :???:

swlee

Post by swlee » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 2:37 pm

mmt81 wrote:Thx swlee! I went for the Jan 16th interview in KL actually and didn't get a reply from them after about 3 weeks! I think it all depends on your availability... since mine is about 5weeks. How long have you been waiting?
Oh. I went to Feb 27th interview. Guess I will still have to wait a little while more! :D

pypi

Post by pypi » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 3:40 pm

hatecorn333 wrote:
glitterbabyG wrote:I wanna try for the interview on 20March too!! Wanna meet up too. Ok im new here, but i have been reading the 100plus post haha.
Hi glitterbabyG,
want to meet up together?
me and tkelvin is meeting up... can e mail me at [email protected]
hey there!

i'm going for the 20th march interview too! excited yet nervous! can i join you guy for the meet up?? wat tym you guys gg?

swlee

Post by swlee » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 3:48 pm

Does anyone here have any idea how the training schedules will be like? As in, how many hours per day, how many days per week, etc?

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 8:55 pm

swlee wrote:Does anyone here have any idea how the training schedules will be like? As in, how many hours per day, how many days per week, etc?
it's 5 days a week mon to Friday, 830 to 530.

HENRYANG300

Post by HENRYANG300 » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 9:29 am

pypi wrote:
hatecorn333 wrote:
glitterbabyG wrote:I wanna try for the interview on 20March too!! Wanna meet up too. Ok im new here, but i have been reading the 100plus post haha.
Hi glitterbabyG,
want to meet up together?
me and tkelvin is meeting up... can e mail me at [email protected]
hey there!

i'm going for the 20th march interview too! excited yet nervous! can i join you guy for the meet up?? wat tym you guys gg?
Hi me too going on the 20th mar interview where are u guys meeting up and wat time?

soul0708

Post by soul0708 » Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:27 am

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
soul0708 wrote:hi guys, wanna ask on behalf of my fren if ITE cert is eligible to apply for CC?
Unless your friend have an O cert with eng and 5 credits.. plus working experience... else, its unlikely.

Another alt is to take a diploma cert first before going for the interview.

The company is rather strict with the education requirement.
ic so it means my fren cant even try with ITE cert. oh well.. how sad..

hm.. but all along i thought that ITE was higher than Os

hatecorn333

Post by hatecorn333 » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 1:18 am

Hi henry and Pypi,

we r meeting 8am at sheraton.. wanna meet together?
e mail me your number so that we can regconise each other that day.. haha!! [email protected]

good luck and let's prepare our best for the interview!!! weeet!
you just wants to be yourself!

nashikin

Hi

Post by nashikin » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 2:28 pm

hatecorn333 wrote:Hi henry and Pypi,

we r meeting 8am at sheraton.. wanna meet together?
e mail me your number so that we can regconise each other that day.. haha!! [email protected]

good luck and let's prepare our best for the interview!!! weeet!
Hi Hatecorn,

I once read in this forum you went for a laser for your acne scars..
where is it at and how much does it cost per session or package?
isit effective?
I have acne scars and would like to get rid it for them.
so I can have better skin.

J12fly

Re: Things to prepare

Post by J12fly » Mon, 15 Mar 2010 2:39 pm

HENRYANG300 wrote:Hi guys beside the introduction we must prepare first, are there any other things we need to get prepare first before the interview??? :???: :???:

ur smile & confident. believe me, this is the only way. groom urself smart & nice, but not over, u r going to cc interview but not supermodel competition. good luck! :wink:

dr_ia

hey

Post by dr_ia » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 3:12 am

hey guys i would like to ask one of the question from the form, its about the scar, i have a scar on my hand, due to chickenpox,its pretty visible, should i write that i have a scar on my hand as requested? will it affect my chance to stay to be a SQ girl?

dr_ia

Post by dr_ia » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 3:13 am

i mean being honest is better or can i hide past it ? need answers!!

maine21

Post by maine21 » Tue, 16 Mar 2010 9:23 am

dear ladies, I am going at 8am on the 20th as well, anyone wanna meet up there? :)