Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hatecorn333

Postby hatecorn333 » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:33 pm

glitterbabyG wrote:I wanna try for the interview on 20March too!! Wanna meet up too. Ok im new here, but i have been reading the 100plus post haha.

Hi glitterbabyG,
want to meet up together?
me and tkelvin is meeting up... can e mail me at charis_ker@yahoo.com
you just wants to be yourself!

HENRYANG300

Re: Stressed!!

Postby HENRYANG300 » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 2:30 pm

pypi wrote:
HENRYANG300 wrote:Wha like that very stress sia... for the 1st round hope they won kick me out cos of braces!!! :???: :???: :???:

lets stress and pray together.. how long more den your braces will be removed?

My braces will be removed in 2 months time too... don stress la if cant get thru lets try the second time and be confident ba.... :D :D

ilnew

Postby ilnew » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 4:08 pm

does anyone know how long do they usually take to call you to inform whether you've cleared the medical?

sammiii

Postby sammiii » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 7:41 pm

ilnew wrote:does anyone know how long do they usually take to call you to inform whether you've cleared the medical?

hey i presume you've passed your management round, congrats!! anyway it depends on when you can start i think. when did you tell them you can start?

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Postby charmaiin » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 8:35 pm

ilnew wrote:does anyone know how long do they usually take to call you to inform whether you've cleared the medical?

it'll be within 2 weeks (:

ilnew

Postby ilnew » Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:03 pm

yeah, i just passed the management round yesterday and did the medical check-up as well. :)

i told them my notice period is sometime between 2 weeks to 1 month and that i can start in mid april! i had to do an xray yesterday, any idea what that was for?

hatecorn333

Postby hatecorn333 » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 9:20 am

ilnew wrote:yeah, i just passed the management round yesterday and did the medical check-up as well. :)

i told them my notice period is sometime between 2 weeks to 1 month and that i can start in mid april! i had to do an xray yesterday, any idea what that was for?

Hi ilnew, congratulations!!
how was the management round like? care to share? :P
you just wants to be yourself!

ilnew

Postby ilnew » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:29 am

thank you! :)

for the management round, we were told to do exchanged introduction, followed by reading of a passage. thereafter, we were thrown a random topic which was open for our discussion. then finally we were asked some random questions and tata, that's about it.

the whole thing lasted for a good 45mins. and i thought everyone in my group did really well.

missSHER
Regular
Regular

Postby missSHER » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:48 am

hi ilnew, and what was the topic you girls were asked to discuss? :)

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Postby charmaiin » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:03 pm

ilnew wrote:yeah, i just passed the management round yesterday and did the medical check-up as well. :)

congrats! the x ray should be for lungs, to check if everything is okay. if ur spine has a curve they might call u bk for 2nd xray.. quite common. lol the next 2 weeks will be the most agonizing! all the anxiety n waiting.. hang in there!

mmt81

Postby mmt81 » Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Guys,

I cleared my medicals and was advised my training date is 3rd May and I am arrive singapore on the 26th April.

Some people mentioned that there is indeed another medical check upon arrival in singapore. Does another one know what this is for? and if it is another elimination round - even though SIA has confirmed I have cleared my medicals done in KL?

Also, does anyone who is currently in training know if uniform will be provided during training or must we bring our own? if so, what type of uniform is acceptable? Im just preparing my my relocation to singapore and I might buy all the uniform for training in KL before I go?

Last question, after training, does SIA provide us with luggage to use when we start our flying duties? or must we supply our own? If so, does SIA have a strict rule on which type - size, colour etc... of luggage is allowed?

Thanks for all your comments

swlee

Postby swlee » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:54 am

mmt81: Hey, that was fast! Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my notice. :/

soul0708

Postby soul0708 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 1:55 am

hi guys, wanna ask on behalf of my fren if ITE cert is eligible to apply for CC?

CabinCrewKristine

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 5:52 am

soul0708 wrote:hi guys, wanna ask on behalf of my fren if ITE cert is eligible to apply for CC?

Unless your friend have an O cert with eng and 5 credits.. plus working experience... else, its unlikely.

Another alt is to take a diploma cert first before going for the interview.

The company is rather strict with the education requirement.
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

mmt81

Postby mmt81 » Sat, 13 Mar 2010 9:20 am

Thx swlee! I went for the Jan 16th interview in KL actually and didn't get a reply from them after about 3 weeks! I think it all depends on your availability... since mine is about 5weeks. How long have you been waiting?