Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cherlyn_ai
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 30 Jan 2010

Postby cherlyn_ai » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:45 am

i went to the penang interview last saturday and i was booted out in the 3rd round which is 1 to 1 interviews. (-.-) dunno what's went wrong?

missSHER
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby missSHER » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:15 pm

cherlyn: maybe you wanna share what question they posed to you, and your reply?

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:36 pm

eunicelee wrote:thanks kristine! i have a question. i just recently graduated my stpm but i fail my history,do u think they will accept it? i manage to credit all 10 subjects for my spm though


erm.. spm is = ??

As long as you meet the minimum requirement in education, it does not matter if you fail history.

For example: in Singapore, as long as you have 5 "O" levels (Inc English) along with relevant working exp, you are eligible.

So it does not matter if its Chinese, Geography, History, Literature or Maths... as long as you meet the 5 credits etc

hope this clarifies the doubt.
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 2:14 pm

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
eunicelee wrote:thanks kristine! i have a question. i just recently graduated my stpm but i fail my history,do u think they will accept it? i manage to credit all 10 subjects for my spm though


erm.. spm is = ??

As long as you meet the minimum requirement in education, it does not matter if you fail history.

For example: in Singapore, as long as you have 5 "O" levels (Inc English) along with relevant working exp, you are eligible.

So it does not matter if its Chinese, Geography, History, Literature or Maths... as long as you meet the 5 credits etc

hope this clarifies the doubt.


spm is o levels,stpm is a levels. i only pass 3 subject in a levels n fail 1. my prob is,will they accept me because for the a levels,they want 2 principal pass and 2 subsidiary pass. rite?

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 6:27 pm

eunicelee wrote:
spm is o levels,stpm is a levels. i only pass 3 subject in a levels n fail 1. my prob is,will they accept me because for the a levels,they want 2 principal pass and 2 subsidiary pass. rite?


Hi eunice,

Most unlikely... because they dun mix and match the certs.. and I know they are pretty strict on the education requirement.

sorry to have say that....
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

cherlyn_ai
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 30 Jan 2010

Postby cherlyn_ai » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 7:58 pm

missSHER wrote:cherlyn: maybe you wanna share what question they posed to you, and your reply?


hi missSHER, during the one-to-one interview the interviewer ask a lot of question, the interviewer telling me that i have a great answer (i tot i will be selected, but it's just a dream). I guess i got booted out on that round because there are other candidates who did better than me. :)

nicholasjun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 03 Mar 2010

Postby nicholasjun » Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:30 am

my fren jus got the offer. she jus got the medical check up done n now waiting report n work permit. anyone can tell more details bout the medical check up? wat they actually check... like HIV, H1N1, hyp B those serious diseases or everything even the sugar level, blood pressure...... my fren has elergy to a medicine, she told me but i can't remember the name. now she is so regret as she told the doctot n now she is so worrying that she wil b filtered out because of that. hope everything going smooth n good.

by the way, according to my fren, there is oni 1 way to get success in the interview: SMILE n that's all. especially in rd 1. the interviewers not really listen wat u r talking, neither ur intro nor ur answer to the question they asked. wat they expect to see is ur smile.

and be friendly to everyone! other interviewee, staff, n the interviewer. just keep ur smile. don try to be outstanding so acting cool n tot it is some kind of elegance. i saw some interviewee do like other interviewee r their enermy, not friendly at all. from wat my fren told me bout the top management interview round, i think those unfriendly 1 wil expose ur true attitude at dis round n end ur dream here.

good luck to all cabin crew wannabe!

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon, 09 Nov 2009
Location: SG

Postby kindaichi1234 » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:53 am

nicholasjun wrote:my fren jus got the offer. she jus got the medical check up done n now waiting report n work permit. anyone can tell more details bout the medical check up? wat they actually check... like HIV, H1N1, hyp B those serious diseases or everything even the sugar level, blood pressure...... my fren has elergy to a medicine, she told me but i can't remember the name. now she is so regret as she told the doctot n now she is so worrying that she wil b filtered out because of that. hope everything going smooth n good.

by the way, according to my fren, there is oni 1 way to get success in the interview: SMILE n that's all. especially in rd 1. the interviewers not really listen wat u r talking, neither ur intro nor ur answer to the question they asked. wat they expect to see is ur smile.

and be friendly to everyone! other interviewee, staff, n the interviewer. just keep ur smile. don try to be outstanding so acting cool n tot it is some kind of elegance. i saw some interviewee do like other interviewee r their enermy, not friendly at all. from wat my fren told me bout the top management interview round, i think those unfriendly 1 wil expose ur true attitude at dis round n end ur dream here.

good luck to all cabin crew wannabe!



Same here kinda curious about the medical test too. They got take blood test for like HIV, H1N1, hyp B or other diseases ? :?

charmaiin
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue, 15 Dec 2009

Postby charmaiin » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 1:05 am

kindaichi1234 wrote:Same here kinda curious about the medical test too. They got take blood test for like HIV, H1N1, hyp B or other diseases ? :?


heyhey.. the medical is only urine test, eyesight test, height/weight, and then doctor's consultation. during the consultation the doctor will check ur blood pressure, eye reaction to movements, breast lumps, and spine curvature. then there will be an xray to check for clear lungs.

many girls (me included) will have problems with the spine curvature.. from what i heard they will only accept those that are curved less than 20 degrees. some people have problems with old injury (fractures etc)..

but i think drug allergy should be okay..

worridhopeful
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 28 Feb 2010

Postby worridhopeful » Fri, 05 Mar 2010 12:58 pm

hi guys last year i had a day surgery (lasted only for 4 hrs) for this lymph node on my left breast. the thing is that, it wasnt harmful at all..the doc in fact said that it was due to hormone changes as i grew up and if i didnt want to, i can choose not to operate on it and just leave it.

but i went ahead with the surgery anyway. so now i am worried if i wont be able to pass my medical. is there any existing singapore girls who have survived this situation for medical?

yek623
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 07 Mar 2010

Postby yek623 » Sun, 07 Mar 2010 6:24 pm

hello guys, i am concern about the medical check stage as i have asthma..will they eliminate people with asthma? @@

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Sun, 07 Mar 2010 11:10 pm

yek623 wrote:hello guys, i am concern about the medical check stage as i have asthma..will they eliminate people with asthma? @@


Depending on when is your last occurrence... actually you can know from the way the doctor speak to you.

I do have childhood asthma... but I went through. The last occurrence was 12 years ago.. and that was what I told the doctor..
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

yek623
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 07 Mar 2010

Postby yek623 » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 3:06 am

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
yek623 wrote:hello guys, i am concern about the medical check stage as i have asthma..will they eliminate people with asthma? @@


Depending on when is your last occurrence... actually you can know from the way the doctor speak to you.

I do have childhood asthma... but I went through. The last occurrence was 12 years ago.. and that was what I told the doctor..


oh my..my last occurrence is quite recent, but its due to animal fur most of the time..

foxyflying
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 08 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby foxyflying » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 3:00 pm

nicholasjun wrote:my fren jus got the offer. she jus got the medical check up done n now waiting report n work permit. anyone can tell more details bout the medical check up? wat they actually check... like HIV, H1N1, hyp B those serious diseases or everything even the sugar level, blood pressure...... my fren has elergy to a medicine, she told me but i can't remember the name. now she is so regret as she told the doctot n now she is so worrying that she wil b filtered out because of that. hope everything going smooth n good.

by the way, according to my fren, there is oni 1 way to get success in the interview: SMILE n that's all. especially in rd 1. the interviewers not really listen wat u r talking, neither ur intro nor ur answer to the question they asked. wat they expect to see is ur smile.

and be friendly to everyone! other interviewee, staff, n the interviewer. just keep ur smile. don try to be outstanding so acting cool n tot it is some kind of elegance. i saw some interviewee do like other interviewee r their enermy, not friendly at all. from wat my fren told me bout the top management interview round, i think those unfriendly 1 wil expose ur true attitude at dis round n end ur dream here.

good luck to all cabin crew wannabe!


Hi all,

As nicholasjun saying, smiling is important of cos, but definitely speaking fluent is what they expecting from you as well.

Just a short and sweet introduction of yourself. Remember: whether they appear listening or not, but in fact they are. Just give eye contact to the interviewers and also the rest of the interviewees as because everyone in the room is listening to you.

Tips: Stay calm, look at the person who are talking and appear to pay attention to them as interviewer will look at you while you are waiting.

Good luck to CC wannabes. =DD
Fashion starts here: http://magni-fico.livejournal.com/

See you here!

foxyflying
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 08 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby foxyflying » Mon, 08 Mar 2010 3:02 pm

yek623 wrote:
CabinCrewKristine wrote:
yek623 wrote:hello guys, i am concern about the medical check stage as i have asthma..will they eliminate people with asthma? @@


Depending on when is your last occurrence... actually you can know from the way the doctor speak to you.

I do have childhood asthma... but I went through. The last occurrence was 12 years ago.. and that was what I told the doctor..


oh my..my last occurrence is quite recent, but its due to animal fur most of the time..


Hi,

i afraid to say they might not take you in due to asthma, as the pressure while flying might increase your asthma occurrence.

Take care ! =D
Fashion starts here: http://magni-fico.livejournal.com/



See you here!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests