Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
crunkbabee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby crunkbabee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 3:09 pm

wendy! i was jst thinking about that. anyway im pretty worried myself cus ill be leaving for a school trip overseas smewhere in the middle of march. the longer the management round takes, it might affect the medical if i were to get through the management round. lool. anyway i guess im gana try and give it till thurs and see if they will email us by thn?

swlee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2010
Location: KL
Contact:

Postby swlee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 4:45 pm

Hey all. I went to last Saturday's interview in Penang.
Went through all the rounds and just did my medical check up today. Hopefully all things go well. Can't wait to put my signature on the contract. *fingers crossed* I wonder if its possible for me to share my interview experience here with you all.

ilnew
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue, 24 Nov 2009

Postby ilnew » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 5:04 pm

yes wendy! i was in a white blouse and a black skirt, with my messy hair down. :)

crunkbabee, when is your school trip and how long is it?

i do indeed feel like calling them up to enquire about the management round date but people always tell me that they don't entertain public calls! :(

ilnew
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue, 24 Nov 2009

Postby ilnew » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 5:06 pm

swlee wrote:Hey all. I went to last Saturday's interview in Penang.
Went through all the rounds and just did my medical check up today. Hopefully all things go well. Can't wait to put my signature on the contract. *fingers crossed* I wonder if its possible for me to share my interview experience here with you all.


we will be glad if you can share with us! :)

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 6:11 pm

wanderwanderlust wrote:Derenla & HENRYANG300:

I am currently on braces too. I went for the interview at STC last friday. But was booted out at the first round. Am wondering if its because of my braces. :(

Does anyone know of people who passed all the interviews with braces on?

Thanks in advance!


As of my knowledge.. no girls ever made the interview with braces...

because if you pass the interview.. your training will most likely start within a month.. and just 2.5 months into training... you will go for your SNY flight and start flying... so.. you can't have braces on..

hope this helps ^^
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 6:30 pm

swlee wrote:Hey all. I went to last Saturday's interview in Penang.
Went through all the rounds and just did my medical check up today. Hopefully all things go well. Can't wait to put my signature on the contract. *fingers crossed* I wonder if its possible for me to share my interview experience here with you all.


lucky u. most of us cant get pass the 1st round.. did many manage to get through? mind sharing ur experience?

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 6:33 pm

iplaydressup wrote:
eunicelee wrote:i went for the penang interview. the people who interviewed us were 2 young ladies. it was a 1 shot question,which do you think its more important,beauty or brains.no self intro needed. out of 10,only 3 was chosen. i didnt make it through and i feel fairly unfair because they judge us based on a question and didnt even let us intro ourselves. i feel that the kl interview is more appropriate because we are given our chance to self intro ourselves. after all,1 round is all about getting to know the applicants.(thats wad my interviewers told me when i was in kl for the interview) and i make it to the 2nd round for the kl interview and penang,i didnt even make it through round 1. all im saying is the penang interview was so unfair. who ever even made it through the 1st round,u guys r lucky. anyways,good luck to all of u...


oh dear! tht question sounds like a beauty pageant! and i agree, its
pretty unfair to the rest. anyways, all the best to those get thru. :)


yup. feel like giving up on my cabin crew dream already. how about u? r u a cc?

swlee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2010
Location: KL
Contact:

Postby swlee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 7:27 pm

Here's my interview experience and also some personal insights that I'd gotten during the whole process. Other people may have differing ideas or opinions from mine. Anyway, I hope this helps.

1st round: brief introduction + a question on where you'd bring a tourist to during their visit to Penang.

Insights: It's best to keep your introduction succinct, and relevant. I noticed the interviewers getting bored when one of the candidates spent too much time talking about her whole family and nothing much about herself. Out of 10, only 2 were selected. So, you really have to find your way to stand out from the crowd if you think you have nothing interesting to say. Saw one candidate who went over to the interviewers and shook their hands after the whole thing ended and I guess that made an impression and she was the other one who got selected to the 2nd round alongside with me.

2nd round: Skin check
I was told to walk back and forth, so that they can observe the way I walk. Face, front and back of lower arms and hands were checked under the spotlight.

Insights: If you have pimple marks or tiny little scars, here's the chance for you to show off your concealing skills! I used make up primer before applying foundation and concealer. worked like magic. I'll never live without a make up primer again!! :p (me and the other girl from the first round passed this)

3rd round: Memory card game and one to one interview
6 of us were separated into two groups.
Insights: I think this is the round whereby our memory abilities, teamwork and leadership is gauged. So be participative, yet not dominating!
After the game, we were individually called into a room. We were given situational questions and asked how we'd solve them.
Insights: Provide reasons for your answers and be confident!
(5 of us passed!)

4th round: 2 to 4 interview (the so-called management round)
4 of us were separated into two groups, we were asked to introduce ourselves to our partner and our partner will introduce us to the rest. Then we were given a current issue to argue for or against and provide reasons for our arguments. Then we were asked to read a passage. This is to gauge our exposure and vocabulary! Then, we were asked what makes us a good cabin crew. So, this is where we promoted ourselves! Lastly! we were asked to choose one of us which we think has got what it takes to be a cabin crew (we can't choose ourselves!).
(3 out of 4 of us got selected!! and proceeded to fill in our employment forms!)

Phew. So, there you go! I hope that was comprehensive enough!

swlee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2010
Location: KL
Contact:

Postby swlee » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 7:31 pm

eunicelee wrote:
swlee wrote:Hey all. I went to last Saturday's interview in Penang.
Went through all the rounds and just did my medical check up today. Hopefully all things go well. Can't wait to put my signature on the contract. *fingers crossed* I wonder if its possible for me to share my interview experience here with you all.


lucky u. most of us cant get pass the 1st round.. did many manage to get through? mind sharing ur experience?


This was my second time! The first time I only made it to the one to one interview! During my medical checkup today I saw a couple of other girls. Heard there are around 8 or more excluding the 3 of us (2 guys and a girl) who made it in the first batch. The girl I met at the checkup told me some had to come back the next day for the last round. So, I guess it'll be roughly more than 11 of us? Maybe 20+?

vermo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 18 Feb 2010

Postby vermo » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:20 pm

hey hey anyone of you who went for the penang walk in called nicole lee?

crunkbabee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2009
Location: sg

Postby crunkbabee » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:00 am

swlee wrote:
4th round: 2 to 4 interview (the so-called management round)
4 of us were separated into two groups, we were asked to introduce ourselves to our partner and our partner will introduce us to the rest. Then we were given a current issue to argue for or against and provide reasons for our arguments. Then we were asked to read a passage. This is to gauge our exposure and vocabulary! Then, we were asked what makes us a good cabin crew. So, this is where we promoted ourselves! Lastly! we were asked to choose one of us which we think has got what it takes to be a cabin crew (we can't choose ourselves!).
(3 out of 4 of us got selected!! and proceeded to fill in our employment forms!)

Phew. So, there you go! I hope that was comprehensive enough!


Hi swlee, can i just ask you what was the 'current issue'question like? :) :)
Last edited by crunkbabee on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

swlee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2010
Location: KL
Contact:

Postby swlee » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:10 am

crunkbabee wrote:
swlee wrote:
4th round: 2 to 4 interview (the so-called management round)
4 of us were separated into two groups, we were asked to introduce ourselves to our partner and our partner will introduce us to the rest. Then we were given a current issue to argue for or against and provide reasons for our arguments. Then we were asked to read a passage. This is to gauge our exposure and vocabulary! Then, we were asked what makes us a good cabin crew. So, this is where we promoted ourselves! Lastly! we were asked to choose one of us which we think has got what it takes to be a cabin crew (we can't choose ourselves!).
(3 out of 4 of us got selected!! and proceeded to fill in our employment forms!)

Phew. So, there you go! I hope that was comprehensive enough!


Hi swlee, can i just ask you what was the 'current situation'question like? :) :)


current issues like the recent opening of the casino in Singapore and the other which I heard from another group was something related to Tiger Woods.

CabinCrewKristine
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CabinCrewKristine » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 3:35 am

eunicelee wrote:
iplaydressup wrote:
eunicelee wrote:i went for the penang interview. the people who interviewed us were 2 young ladies. it was a 1 shot question,which do you think its more important,beauty or brains.no self intro needed. out of 10,only 3 was chosen. i didnt make it through and i feel fairly unfair because they judge us based on a question and didnt even let us intro ourselves. i feel that the kl interview is more appropriate because we are given our chance to self intro ourselves. after all,1 round is all about getting to know the applicants.(thats wad my interviewers told me when i was in kl for the interview) and i make it to the 2nd round for the kl interview and penang,i didnt even make it through round 1. all im saying is the penang interview was so unfair. who ever even made it through the 1st round,u guys r lucky. anyways,good luck to all of u...


oh dear! tht question sounds like a beauty pageant! and i agree, its
pretty unfair to the rest. anyways, all the best to those get thru. :)


yup. feel like giving up on my cabin crew dream already. how about u? r u a cc?


Truthfully Eunice, Kl is having one more interview this month and you certainly can go to try.

Here's what the interview is all about: yes.. some may say its unfair because there is no self introduction or just straight to the question..

The truth is.. even if its self intro.. do you think it is fair for them to judge us base on a single meeting ?? no...

The main thing they are looking for.. especially in stage 1... is your personality... - how you can fit into the traits of a "ideal" crew..

so.. it can be your self intro or even just a simple question.. they want to see how you can wittily answer it and how you handle the question with confidence.

The answer is not impt... but rather how you express it that really counts...

hope this helps
Tons of Cabin Crew Tips - http://siacabincrew.wordpress.com

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:03 am

swlee wrote:
eunicelee wrote:
swlee wrote:Hey all. I went to last Saturday's interview in Penang.
Went through all the rounds and just did my medical check up today. Hopefully all things go well. Can't wait to put my signature on the contract. *fingers crossed* I wonder if its possible for me to share my interview experience here with you all.


lucky u. most of us cant get pass the 1st round.. did many manage to get through? mind sharing ur experience?


This was my second time! The first time I only made it to the one to one interview! During my medical checkup today I saw a couple of other girls. Heard there are around 8 or more excluding the 3 of us (2 guys and a girl) who made it in the first batch. The girl I met at the checkup told me some had to come back the next day for the last round. So, I guess it'll be roughly more than 11 of us? Maybe 20+?


wah! that so little!! anyways,these was my 2nd time as well.. oh well!!maybe it wasent my fate to become 1

eunicelee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2009

Postby eunicelee » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:06 am

CabinCrewKristine wrote:
eunicelee wrote:
iplaydressup wrote:
eunicelee wrote:i went for the penang interview. the people who interviewed us were 2 young ladies. it was a 1 shot question,which do you think its more important,beauty or brains.no self intro needed. out of 10,only 3 was chosen. i didnt make it through and i feel fairly unfair because they judge us based on a question and didnt even let us intro ourselves. i feel that the kl interview is more appropriate because we are given our chance to self intro ourselves. after all,1 round is all about getting to know the applicants.(thats wad my interviewers told me when i was in kl for the interview) and i make it to the 2nd round for the kl interview and penang,i didnt even make it through round 1. all im saying is the penang interview was so unfair. who ever even made it through the 1st round,u guys r lucky. anyways,good luck to all of u...


oh dear! tht question sounds like a beauty pageant! and i agree, its
pretty unfair to the rest. anyways, all the best to those get thru. :)


yup. feel like giving up on my cabin crew dream already. how about u? r u a cc?


Truthfully Eunice, Kl is having one more interview this month and you certainly can go to try.

Here's what the interview is all about: yes.. some may say its unfair because there is no self introduction or just straight to the question..

The truth is.. even if its self intro.. do you think it is fair for them to judge us base on a single meeting ?? no...

The main thing they are looking for.. especially in stage 1... is your personality... - how you can fit into the traits of a "ideal" crew..

so.. it can be your self intro or even just a simple question.. they want to see how you can wittily answer it and how you handle the question with confidence.

The answer is not impt... but rather how you express it that really counts...

hope this helps


thanks kristine! i have a question. i just recently graduated my stpm but i fail my history,do u think they will accept it? i manage to credit all 10 subjects for my spm though


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests